+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What is the shortest you have stayed with a new MMO?

Default What is the shortest you have stayed with a new MMO?

For me this game will be the shortest. 4 months. I even gave AOC longer than that. Trion is just terrible at balancing, which makes this particular mmo the least fun of them all for me.

I played DAOC for 5 years, and UO for 5 years. Those are my longest. Warhammer and LOTRO 1 year each, and WoW 2 years. AoC and now Rift will be the only two I have left in less than 1 year.

For the past 2 years.. about 3-4 months a pop.

Aion (**** you Korean game devs!)
    Allods (**** you F2P / Grinding game devs!)
    Champions Online (Was hardly any population when I started)
    AoC (Could of been good....)
    Rift (Has there been a patch when the game did NOT change dramatically for either warriors or the entire game?)

It's really sad.
    Tanks - The Masochists of the MMO community!

Soulwalker

Final fantasy 14. Didn't even make it to release. Started pre-release and quit like 4 days later. Controls were clunky and non-responsive.

How long has this game been out?
    "You're not alone. We are each other's accomplice. If you are a Witch, then perhaps I should be a Demon."
    < > - Hansenightly lv50 Warrior: Dayblind (Original) -Guardian
    Aurgaritrix lv35 Rogue: Deepstrike - Defiant (Quit after 1st Sab nerf)

Quote Originally Posted by Hansenight View Post
    How long has this game been out?
    Went live march 1st. So just over 3 month.
    They have managed to screw the game up in that short time, its amazing really.
    Last edited by Matsy; 06-11-2011 at 12:45 PM.

Well it looks like it might be rift, ive been playing mmos since 1999 and 3.5 months into this game im really close to pulling the plug. Hell even warhammer as crappy as it was, i stayed there for almost a year, at least the pvp there was ok, the pve was horrid but the pvp kept my intrest.

Lol even swg kept my intrest longer, its really is mind boggeling how this company in 2011 are makeing the same stupid mistakes as did there predasesors before them, i mean cant devs learn from past mistakes of other mmos, or are we just in a circle jerk of stupidy that will never end?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by krossfade View Post
    Well it looks like it might be rift, ive been playing mmos since 1999 and 3.5 months into this game im really close to pulling the plug. Hell even warhammer as crappy as it was, i stayed there for almost a year, at least the pvp there was ok, the pve was horrid but the pvp kept my intrest.

Lol even swg kept my intrest longer, its really is mind boggeling how this company in 2011 are makeing the same stupid mistakes as did there predasesors before them, i mean cant devs learn from past mistakes of other mmos, or are we just in a circle jerk of stupidy that will never end?

SWG had way worse balancing issues than Rift ever has had. They also have not done anything yet. Theres a reason why theres a test shard so things can be tested.

Why's this in the warrior section?

SWG hands down. I have played over 10 different MMORPG's and even bought the collector's edition of SWG for me and my wife. What a lame turd of a game that was. Combat sucked, travel sucked, no one really even knew what the hell to do. Very sad MMO........

Telaran

In general? I think FFXIV. I didn't pay for it, I had one of those bonus guest passes that came with a collectors edition from a friend. I think I played it for about 1 or 2 days.

A game I actually paid for? Warhammer. Some friends told me it was good, so I picked it up. 2 or 3 days later, I stopped. I couldn't even get a character past like level 4. It just felt so horrible.

I probably played FFXI for, like, an hour. Worst controls ever (PC).
    I probably played AoC for a good four hours. Didn't like combat.

Want to talk about a game with a bad start can anyone say Anarchy Online
    By this axe i rule

Ascendant

This could be the shortest I've played any MMO. Even Aion kept my interest for about 4 months and I despised Aion. I have been bored with this game for a month already.

Now hoping GW2 will come and remove this Gersh from my computer.

Star Trek Online.

I preordered it 2 weeks before release and got the "beta key", played it for about a week and canceled my preorder.

Rift Disciple

DCUO & Rift.

DCUO is such a terrible game & it's Sony, so i left that trainwreck.

I liked Rift for the first two months then all of sudden i stopped liking it.

So yeah, these two are the shortest i have stayed with a new MMO.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast