+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warhammer, how is it right now?

Default Warhammer, how is it right now?

So I was one of those that spent months waiting for WAR only to welcome the biggest disapointment in my gaming career. But after 2 months of Rift, its pretty clear this game's PVP is hopeless and is going nowhere in the near future.

I played WAR for the first month and cancelled due to the gigabytes of bugs and technical problems, which made me even sadder cause the potential was there. How is WAR nowadays? Playable or just totally dead?
    Last edited by Soulaufein; 06-11-2011 at 06:34 AM.

You have used your "Search-Fu" skills on the interwbz and seen what is coming in the next issue or two of Rift after 1.3 haven't you......

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Soulaufein View Post
    So I was one of those that spent months waiting for WAR only to welcome the biggest disapointment in my gaming career. But after 2 months of Rift, its pretty clear this game's PVP is hopeless and is going nowhere in the near future.

I played WAR for the first month and cancelled due to the gigabytes of bugs and technical problems, which made me even sadder cause the potential was there. How is WAR nowadays? Playable or just totally dead?
    I haven't played Warhammer in a while but I loved their PvP. They have an unlimited trial that is capped at level 10 I think, so you can play a while and check it out.

Sez

Wow. QQ in

Every

Single

Forum...

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    Much of the time the content in PTS patches is heavily work-in-progress data, incomplete or intended for testing and tweaking. Sometimes the content is only accessible via dev commands! All of it is highly subject to change before it ever makes it to live Rift shards. Some won't even make it there.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

I think it's kind of empty, at least compared to other MMOs, at the moment :\ I have been playing LoL for PvP and RIFT for PvE/raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Wow. QQ in

Every

Single

Forum...
    Sorry if this sounded like QQ, it wasnt supposed to be so. I like Rift, I really do, but after two months I realized - due to the general architecture of the game itself - that whatever PVP will come up for this game, it will never be:

-> Serverwide
    -> Meaningful
    -> The main focus of balance/class design

And honestly, if I wanted a wow-style PVP id stick with WoW. Rift is great, but will never have PVP as its center. Ever.

[QUOTE=And honestly, if I wanted a wow-style PVP id stick with WoW. Rift is great, but will never have PVP as its center. Ever.[/QUOTE]

I sure hope you are right.
    Thanks for the haircuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dourgen View Post
    I sure hope you are right.
    The second it does, Rift dies. PvP centric games are comercial flops ussualy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

Sorry if this sounded like QQ, it wasnt supposed to be so. I like Rift, I really do, but after two months I realized - due to the general architecture of the game itself - that whatever PVP will come up for this game, it will never be:

-> Serverwide
    -> Meaningful

And honestly, if I wanted a wow-style PVP id stick with WoW. Rift is great, but will never have PVP as its center. Ever.
    Meaningful ?!? You just obtained a victory over another human player. You were better than him. How much more meaningful you want pvp to be besides getting money for doing it ?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Meaningful ?!? You just obtained a victory over another human player. You were better than him.
    Better then him? More likely then anything is that you were playing a more powerful class or had better gear.
    Only after those are equal can you even consider skill level.

I enjoy meaningless PvP, but it has to at least be somewhat balanced and not zergfests, though they can be fun occasionally.

Soulwalker

I think PvP could be balanced and make sense if they made certain abilities act different against players than they do regular enemies. Then it'd be basically 2 different games using the same engine

Soulwalker

-> Serverwide
    -> Meaningful

Grab your classes PVP soul. Try that out, if you are still curious about WAR check your email. WAR set out a 2 week free trial to all former subs, all your old account info just use the email and itll set you up. I tried the WAR trail a week before I joined Rift after playing for 3 days. Like you I was excited about WAR and only played for 2 weeks before giving up, 2 years later the game is much improved but still lacking and boring. The game has merely been balanced, nothing has been added. There are no new races or classes to play, its the same old same old.

+ Reply to Thread