+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Raid Video Comparison: Rift's Hammerknell vs. SWTOR's Eternity Vault

Friends comments while they were at E3/PAX.

[SWTOR]It looked pretty bad when I watched people play it at PAX. Pretty slow, boring combat.

A coworker said he watched a party of Jedi players standing around a single sand person mob, beating on it with light sabers. I think that about sums it up.
    I hope they pull it off, but they are a long way from done.
    Eth Sentinel/Warden/Purifier

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by MicrowaveSeller View Post
    GW2 is nothing but half a mmo. ITs just like GW1. Arenas. Then they have their open world pvp which is supposed to be the big seller but its not. More people will be in the arenas and that will be GW2 problem. Like the idea, but its just not going to be a big competitor. Wait and
    play the game and you will see what i mean.

If rift makes an rvr zone/map/system, then GW2 will have a problem dealing with rift. As thats all rift needs to compete with GW2.
    If you've watched many of the GW2 videos, you'd know they are adding quite a bit of PvE content as well as the PvP content. It won't be like GW1, hell it doesn't look like any MMO out yet. Hopefully they will do good in the "trying out new stuff" area.

D3....AHAHAHAHAHAH. Are you sitting down? Take a deep breath...relax. Because you now need to know that D3 is being made into a console port. Which means, DUMBED DOWN PC GAME. GG DIABLO 3! LOLZ.

D3 got owned by console. GG.
    Rumored to be console port. However just because they may be planning to port it to a console, won't make the game the exact same on the PC. Most games that start on PC and get ported do just fine on the PC. It's usually the console ports that are lacking.
    Ans Star wars is literally nothing but cinematic cut scenes. The beta is laughable. Its fun until you realize your not playing a real MMO.
    This is about the only thing I agree with. I've been watch SWTOR for awhile and even in the videos the game has started to seem bland.

Banned

GW2 is nothing but half a mmo. ITs just like GW1. Arenas. Then they have their open world pvp which is supposed to be the big seller but its not. More people will be in the arenas and that will be GW2 problem. Like the idea, but its just not going to be a big competitor. Wait and play the game and you will see what i mean.

If rift makes an rvr zone/map/system, then GW2 will have a problem dealing with rift. As thats all rift needs to compete with GW2.

D3....AHAHAHAHAHAH. Are you sitting down? Take a deep breath...relax. Because you now need to know that D3 is being made into a console port. Which means, DUMBED DOWN PC GAME. GG DIABLO 3! LOLZ.

D3 got owned by console. GG.

Ans Star wars is literally nothing but cinematic cut scenes. The beta is laughable. Its fun until you realize your not playing a real MMO.
    I see you know nothing about either game. Oblivion was a console port as well and the PC version is SPECTACULAR. It's when it's the other way around PCer's have to worry but in this case DIABLO III will come on the PC first and foremost and then be a port to consoles.

Plus there is no beta of GW2 yet so you have no clue how anything is "going to work".
    Last edited by Walsingham; 06-09-2011 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Rude Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Femme Fatal1 View Post
    I see you know nothing about either game. Nice try but fail. Oblivion was a console port as well and the PC version is SPECTACULAR. It's when it's the other way around PCer's have to worry but in this case DIABLO III will come on the PC first and foremost and then be a port to consoles.

Plus there is no beta of GW2 yet so you have no clue how anything is "going to work". More failed speculation... keep trying though. ;)
    Actually there is a GW2 pvp vid explaining just how it will work. So no speculation there lol.

D3 is a bad game in general. I remember when i loaded beta up the first time and jokingly asked in chat if i was back in 2001. The graphics are terrible. There is no new and exciting things about D3. D2 was pretty awesome, but it had a time a place, it was 2001. Releasing D2.1 in 2012 isnt going to get it done. Thats why they are researching console markets. The first beta was so bad they actually shut it down on us because there was so much "WTF." The answer was basically: "Your right, just kidding!"

But if you like outdated point to click games you have already played through, then pick it up, its the game for you.

GW2 is more focused on its arenas. Which is good. I'd like to hope and think the majority of WoW arena carebears head that direction. I have little faith in their RvR part of the game, but it might and could be good. As there is no beta we will just wait and see. But it will give the arena crowd a decent game to go too.

SW is just bad. Bad bad bad. You know those MMO's that sounded so cool back in the day and failed? Vanguard...warhammer....shadowbane....yea. This will be in that category. Face it people, there is and will ever be only 1 good SW mmo, and that was galaxies pre-nerf. If you missed out, im sorry. Check out the SWGemu project at SWGemu.net or .com. I forget. But its pre-nerf galaxies at its best. Thats what you really want.

I think thats also the problem, having played galaxies has really jaded the new SW for me. Its just not as good and its more of a movie than a game.
    SixtwoSix
    Level 50 R3 Rogue Tearfall -retired until Transfers.
    Level 31 Mage Briarcliff - Active.

Quote Originally Posted by Friar Tuck View Post
    FFXIV
    Eww, watch your language!
    "All we had to do was follow the damn train CJ"

Banned

D3 is a bad game in general. I remember when i loaded beta up the first time and jokingly asked in chat if i was back in 2001. The graphics are terrible.
    Didn't you sign an NDA for that beta?

Ascendant

My reaction:

Rift vid: meh!
    SWTOR vid: HOLY COW, lemme at it!!!

Hands down SWTOR!

Default Graphics engine

I could swear that the graphics engine and models in SWTOR have an uncanny resemblance to EQ 2. Certainly seems to be less advanced than Rift, but then that's the risk taken with games that take longer to develop.

Wish SWTOR well in any case. For folks like me who love immersion, this MMO promises much.

Prophet of Telara

D3 - likely will be a solid game, but ultimately ruined by microtransaction and DLC crap that Activision's pushing in all its newer titles. Evidenced in WoW and things like SC2 being sold as 1/3 of a game at a time.

GW2 - Still over a year away. We can get excited about it when it's actually on the horizon.

SWTOR - All indications point to WoW with lightsabers. Which, also essentially means Rift with lightsabers. So if that's your thing, that's your thing.
    Ceribaen, formerly of Nyx (D).
    Now residing on Seastone.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vydor View Post
    My reaction:

Rift vid: meh!
    SWTOR vid: HOLY COW, lemme at it!!!

Hands down SWTOR!
    Yeah and he didn't even use the best trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2xUl24iKbg&NR=1

Quote Originally Posted by Caeldan View Post
    SWTOR - All indications point to WoW with lightsabers. Which, also essentially means Rift with lightsabers. So if that's your thing, that's your thing.
    Looks to be much more added than RIFT though.. ships like housing, many different types of pets/companions, huge maps with room to add things/explore larger than RIFT, exciting armor detail other than level 1 Burlap Bagsack=level 50 T3 Burlap Bagsack for armor. Many different races other than elves and dwarves.

Even if it is WoW with lightsabers, that's still more than RIFT has which will draw people.

If RIFT doesn't have more pets/housing and all that fluff stuff people want by the time this comes out this year... there's gonna be a 'rift' all right.

Right in Trion's subscriptions.
    Last edited by Laughingstock; 06-09-2011 at 11:51 AM.

Ascendant

Yeah and he didn't even use the best trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2xUl24iKbg&NR=1
    That one makes me wanna play that game!

Plane Touched

Read the title and the thread prior to ever posting. Thank you.

"Raid Video Comparison".

This is a comparison of the E3 2011 raid videos released by each of the different game's developers for their products.

It's comparing the cinematic value of one game-play video versus the other. It is not a comparative of one cinematic CGI video versus another (entirely made by a 3rd party company named Blur, not by the hosting game's development team).
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=722134&dateline=12977  88610
    "Your worth consists in what you are and not in what you have."
    "What you are will show in what you do."
    --Thomas A. Edison

Soulwalker

D3 is a bad game in general. I remember when i loaded beta up the first time and jokingly asked in chat if i was back in 2001. The graphics are terrible. There is no new and exciting things about D3. D2 was pretty awesome, but it had a time a place, it was 2001. Releasing D2.1 in 2012 isnt going to get it done. Thats why they are researching console markets. The first beta was so bad they actually shut it down on us because there was so much "WTF." The answer was basically: "Your right, just kidding!"
    Except the beta hasn't started? Way to lie.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Siphaed View Post
    Read the title and the thread prior to ever posting. Thank you.

"Raid Video Comparison".

This is a comparison of the E3 2011 raid videos released by each of the different game's developers for their products.

It's comparing the cinematic value of one game-play video versus the other. It is not a comparative of one cinematic CGI video versus another (entirely made by a 3rd party company named Blur, not by the hosting game's development team).
    Read my POST....I said "best video".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast