+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: The story behind your avatar and signatures?

Default The story behind your avatar and signatures?

Why did you pick what you have out of all possible choices? I got mine because, well, Portal ftw and Turrets ftw =P And I has no hard feelings or hate.

You need to look for shortcomings in yourself before you look for them in others. Otherwise, you're just a fat bluff and your word means nothing.

Avatar is an Elyo from AION, of all games. It's the nearest I have seen to my idea of a Tolkienian Elf, unlike the awful LOTRO travesties. Rift's High Elves are near, too, but a bit too youngish-looking.

Current signature is a Latin motto meaning, more or less: "Expect nothing good from their decisions", referring mostly to the general situation of our world (and a little to the current plight of MMO games).

The old "L2P" signature has been patched away.

Last edited by Goodberry; 06-09-2011 at 07:41 AM.
    Never give a sword to a man who can't dance (Confucius)

This is some guy that I use as my background on my android phone. He gives me the feeling that hes just a cool dude and hes probably layed back and saying spitting some wisdom.

My sig is because the devs nitpicked. But it was just explaining that people should mind their business. Like people complaining that macros make the game too easy and that you have no life if you enjoy rift alot. Stuff like that.

Goodberry
    Your L2p sig was too cool to leave man...
    Last edited by BlestSol; 06-09-2011 at 07:46 AM.
    What I eat doesnt make you......*
    Why do you care about what Im doing?

*Thanks RiftMods, i'm sure that my sig was just getting under your skin that you had to bother me...why dont you run along and bother some trolls in those threads?

The avatar is from an MMO that was released in '99, and is still going to this day. One of the best sandbox games ever. Bonus points if you recognize it.

The signature is just a quote from a forum poster that just killed me. So many players these days demand instant satisfaction, and make ridiculous demands because they want everything *now*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireforge View Post
    Your patience is completely unnecessary in this matter. You put a quarter in the machine and you need your gumball. It's cool.
    Your "Likes" fuel me.
    E . ` ' / . F
    Selling 1.4 Crafting Components. X-Shard Delivery Available.

Avatar is my cool cat Tiger. Watching, waiting.
    I took a photo of him and did the changes in Gimp.

Sig is guild promo.

My avatar is Nick Cave, because he's a legend.

I don't bother with sigs.

Quote Originally Posted by BlestSol View Post
    Goodberry
    Your L2p sig was too cool to leave man...
    Due to OVERWHELMING request...

RESTORED!

LOL
    Never give a sword to a man who can't dance (Confucius)

My Avatar is Primo from Katekyo Hitman Reborn(anime) because i needed to change it. I'll prob be changing it to something else soon too. Usually my favorite character in w/e anime i'm watching at the time.

My Sig is my character and my guild haha. I have a very long story behind it, but the short version is....i went to guild launch and found the sig generator
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

aux

My avatar is a Ninja. And my sig speaks for itself!
    I'm so BORED

mine is because this forum(when it first opened) was flooded with EQ1 fanboys who looked back at it with rose colored glasses and at the time trying to trick the devs into thinking they were the Majority and EQ1 with all its tedium is how MMOs should be. I played it and don't look back on it as fondly.

so thus .....
    Last edited by Apoth; 06-09-2011 at 09:08 AM.

WTB the above item .... mine broke

Mine's on a Grateful Dead T-Shirt, that I had a picture of and cropped into a forums avatar. Signature is just character names in Rift or EQ2.
    Mabes Tion Varos

Off-topic forum my butt ';..;' And funny sig there.

You need to look for shortcomings in yourself before you look for them in others. Otherwise, you're just a fat bluff and your word means nothing.

By the way, I noticed something - All the moderators have the same generic avatar and not even a picture for signature. Lol, snarl, snorfle, haha.

I chose this avatar because it's silly and I think people put way too much time into choosing something so insignificant. I chose the sig because it's neat and clean unlike everyone else's eyesore borderline table-breaking signatures with absolutely no significance to RIFT or anything worth discussing. You come off as a loud twelve year old and nobody cares if you've got breast cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Helmholz View Post
    I chose this avatar because it's silly and I think people put way too much time into choosing something so insignificant. I chose the sig because it's neat and clean unlike everyone else's eyesore borderline table-breaking signatures with absolutely no significance to RIFT or anything worth discussing. You come off as a loud twelve year old and nobody cares if you've got breast cancer.
    Huh. /10char

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast