+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Giantbomb's Jeff Gerstmann SLAMS upcoming Bioware MMO Star Wars: The Old Republic

Default Giantbomb's Jeff Gerstmann SLAMS upcoming Bioware MMO Star Wars: The Old Republic

The E3 Day 1 video. Jump straight to 10:50 where they start to talk about it.

"So I have played that game (Star Wars: The Old Republic) relatively recently, and I've made up my mind as well. I don't want to play that game."
    It's pretty safe to say RIFT has nothing to worry about at this point.

I'm torn! I don't know which conclusion to jump to.

On the one hand, no internet site reviewer has ever been wrong about a game.
    On the other hand, no Star Wars game, book, or movie has ever been overhyped and not actually very good.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

I'm just afraid that with EA poking their noses into BioWare's stuff it usually ends up bad. Let's hope there's more to the game than what was shown at E3. It would be a shame if they've spent so much time on it, only for it to fail completely.
    "Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea."

Ascendant

Yea this game looked and sounded awesome till I heard EA was involved. I loved the old Bioware games, but I can't say I'm at all suprised that its getting slammed. It looks horrible. A complete waste of a very large amount of money.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

For some reason those voices annoyed the eff out of me - I will just play if it offers a free trial and see if I like it.

You need to look for shortcomings in yourself before you look for them in others. Otherwise, you're just a fat bluff and your word means nothing.

Ascendant

I think SWTOR is BS. Let it come already and fail. I could give long list why it fails. EA is probably so pissed off "hype" times are over. Way over hyped and rated.
    Last edited by June; 06-09-2011 at 09:25 PM.

Ascendant

It sells less than Rift or I eat hat full of ****.

Rift Disciple

Guys, keep telling yourself that.
    Its Bioware we are talking about, but most important its Star wars.
    Ill check back when it reaches 2 mil sub and going up, around 3-5 months after launch.
    RPG is back, and people have been waiting for something like this for along time.
    This is the first MMORPG i ever played, and i played and tried a few like war, aion, wow.

Even tho i usually do it for money, sw tor will be the first i will play for fun

I'm confused; at 10:50 they're talking about ME2.

NM - the link goes to the site & not the actual video; you have to search for Day 1 review.

Edit: Meh I give up - 10:50 1st day isn't a review of that game either.
    Last edited by Morituri; 06-10-2011 at 12:37 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tirien View Post
    Ill check back when it reaches 2 mil sub and going up, around 3-5 months after launch.
    RPG is back, and people have been waiting for something like this for along time.
    This is the first MMORPG i ever played, and i played and tried a few like war, aion, wow.

Even tho i usually do it for money, sw tor will be the first i will play for fun
    Sorry to tell you but no Bioware game ever sold over 1 mill for PC only whats SWTOR. Story games aint so popular as some people like to believe. Hell, why there isnt anyone else making story games if they're so damn popular. Bioware is black sheep and no wonder EA needed to buy them. I havent EVER so much delusional people in my life, well I dont know Im just so eager to wait and know, for me its obvious fail.
    Last edited by June; 06-10-2011 at 02:10 AM.

I give up as well. They don't talk about SWTOR at 10:50 in the day 1 video. So I have no clue where you heard their review of SWTOR. It certainly isn't at the time you said it is.
    Last edited by AngelOfTheGuardians; 06-10-2011 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    Sorry to tell you but no Bioware game ever sold over 1 mill for PC only whats SWTOR. Story games aint so popular as some people like to believe. Hell, why there isnt anyone else making story games if they're so damn popular. Bioware is black sheep and no wonder EA needed to buy them. I havent EVER so much delusional people in my life, well I dont know Im just so eager to wait and know, for me its obvious fail.
    Right, that is why when they bought Bioware, the Ceo of Bioware was made the CEO of EA....becuase they're a scrub company.
    that's why there is still an active NWN1 community.....Mass Effect.....

You're a troll arent you....you gotta be either a troll or under 18.

All that aside....
    SWTOR is gonna be a failure. But it isnt because Bioware is a POS company.
    In the dusts of hell Lurked the blackest of hates, For he who eats fear awaits you
    RIFT Mantra: Exploit Now and Exploit Often, You wont be punished!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tirien View Post

Bioware has no experience with MMO's. Mythic is a dead company and hasn't been able to duplicate DAoC's success. EA ruins everything it touches outside the EA sports franchises. Most star wars games have been terrible. The previous star wars MMO was god awful.

I'm sorry, I don't care how many star wars fanboys there are over the books and the movies, there's not enough of them to keep a bad MMO afloat, and this new star wars offering will be no different. They're almost as bad as games workshop and the warhammer franchises. Multitudes of games have been released, and all but one (the dawn of war series) has been a complete failure. I have no faith in THQ with dark millenium online for that matter.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast