+ Reply to Thread

Thread: People on Youtube are idiots

Rift Disciple

Thumbs down People on Youtube are idiots

People on youtube who comment on the videos are really bad. All I read in the comments is just a bunch of socially mis-aligned 20 - 40 year olds arguing, being racist, and even making death threats to people. I've even seen pedo's on there too. It's gotten so bad that I really think they need to have some rules on youtube. It's got to be one of the worst social networking sites on the internet.

I like to go to youtube to watch some of the documentary's on there, but was wondering if there was a way to completely block out the comments section so I don't have to read the incoherent nonsense on the videos? My husband just told me to delete my account but I don't want too. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Wildvixen; 06-08-2011 at 04:03 AM.

Ascendant

Don't read them?
    they are below the video so you don't even have to pass over them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestran View Post
    Don't read them?
    This. Also, you could just ignore them. Watch the vid, not the comments. How is this even an issue?
    "Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea."

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Falkus View Post
    This. Also, you could just ignore them. Watch the vid, not the comments. How is this even an issue?
    You two didn't understand the point of my post. I know i can simply not read them, but I was wondering if there was a way to completely block them entirely from the videos. IS there a option to block it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nestran View Post
    Don't read them?
    You must be running at a very low resolution on your desktop, because this is not true. If you look on the videos of youtube I can see the comments as plain as day without having to scroll down.

---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixIl0...rec_grec_index
    Last edited by Wildvixen; 06-08-2011 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildvixen View Post
    People on youtube who comment on the videos are really bad. All I read in the comments is just a bunch of socially mis-aligned 20 - 40 year olds arguing, being racist, and even making death threats to people. I've even seen pedo's on there too. It's gotten so bad that I really think they need to have some rules on youtube. It's got to be one of the worst social networking sites on the internet.

I like to go to youtube to watch some of the documentary's on there, but was wondering if there was a way to completely block out the comments section so I don't have to read the incoherent nonsense on the videos? My husband just told me to delete my account but I don't want too. Any suggestions?
    overly sensitive people like you are just as bad as the people who post comments, it's the internet.
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 06-08-2011 at 03:34 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    overly sensitive people like you are just as bad as the people who post comments, it's the internet.
    whats with the insults? I was just asking a question about if I could turn the comments off? Sheesh, Forget i even asked. You guys sound really incoherent on these forums. All you do is argue and complain like a bunch of toddlers. No wonder why I see no woman on these forums. Cuz it's mostly men who don't have a life.
    Last edited by Wildvixen; 06-09-2011 at 06:01 PM.

Soulwalker

Correction: People on the internet are idiots.

It's just magnified on Youtube.
    I like to read Youtube comments for lols. I'll usually shy away from the multipage debates though. Those are just plain inane!

Ascendant

How about this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApOWWb7Mqdo

Guy tattoos all facebook friends on arm. Stupid teens nowadays sucking the wrong ****.
    Last edited by June; 06-09-2011 at 09:47 PM.

Ppl in general are idiots. Well not all but A LOT. Youtube is just another part of the Internet who allows them to act the way they are and not suffer the consequences they would if they acted like that irl.

Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    How about this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApOWWb7Mqdo

Guy tattoos all facebook friends on arm. Stupid teens nowadays sucking the wrong ****.
    I dunno about this one, the fake alarm is going off pretty loudly.

Adding idiots to Youtube is like throwing sand on a beach. I usually just ignore the trolls unless someone makes a REAL fool of himself in which case I point it out to him, flaw by flaw, and then ignore him. Like a boss.

You need to look for shortcomings in yourself before you look for them in others. Otherwise, you're just a fat bluff and your word means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildvixen View Post
    whats with the insults? I was just asking a question about if I could turn the comments off? Sheesh, Forget i even asked. You guys sound really incoherent on these forums. All you do is argue and complain like a bunch of toddlers. No wonder why I see no woman on these forums. Cuz it's mostly men who don't have a life.
    Ahem.

I'm a woman, and I love forums. I spend more time on the forums than playing the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQCYM...eature=feedlik

All I see below that is the top line of the description of the video, and the first comment. Most of the time, I do not scroll down to see the comments (even if I do, they're usually fairly innocuous). For some reason, people started discussing religion under this video of incredibly cute kittens... still, I don't see name-calling, and I had to go pretty far back in the comments (5 pages) before I found a flagged one.

Mousing over any youtube comment gives you three options: like, dislike, or flag for spam. If you really don't like some of the comments, maybe you should flag them. I don't know if flagged comments are reviewed and deleted; I never really went back to check. But if they are flagged (by someone else), all you will see is the name of the poster, and that the comment was flagged. You only read it if you make an effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Falkus View Post
    Falkus wins.

+ Reply to Thread