+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THIS is the next wow ?!?

Default THIS is the next wow ?!?

This is supposed to be the next wow. Really ?!?

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/06...an/2#c34242462

Anyone else not impressed at all ?!? Really, I quit wow for good this time, about 2 weeks ago and I really don't see why I should leave Rift for this.

Well, WoW was such huge success just because non-mmo players that liked warcraft/starcraft/diablo came and played. And that was a LOT more than there were MMO players at the time.

And now we have a flashy Star Wars MMO.

It's possible.
    The Guardians are short sighted zealots who refuse to see the bigger picture, and the Defiant are so focused on the bigger picture that they take enormous risks.
    -- Renashin

Looks like a very dull and wattered down version of wow only sci-fi-ish. Everything just reaks of simplicity and ******-friendliness, in accordance with EA's marketing strategies, after all.

This won't kill wow. This won't kill even Rift or anything else that is to be released soon, but I guess the raging SW fanboys will buy it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Looks like a very dull and wattered down version of wow only sci-fi-ish. Everything just reaks of simplicity and ******-friendliness, in accordance with EA's marketing strategies, after all.

This won't kill wow. This won't kill even Rift or anything else that is to be released soon, but I guess the raging SW fanboys will buy it, though.
    Of course it wont kill wow.
    You dont have dwarfs, elfs. But you have lasers. lol

I don't have much interest in science fiction games. Too much nonsense gets passed off as being plausible. I'll stick with fantasy, because there, no one is trying to say that the nonsense *could* happen, we just don't have the technology for it yet.

Soulwalker

Honestly I MIGHT check this out. BUT I doubt it will ever replace or be as good as SWG Pre 1st CU.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bearmug View Post
    Well, WoW was such huge success just because non-mmo players that liked warcraft/starcraft/diablo came and played. And that was a LOT more than there were MMO players at the time.

And now we have a flashy Star Wars MMO.

It's possible.
    I got long list why SWTOR fails, first is definitely its Star Wars. Star Wars just doesnt have it anymore, of course theres some hardcore SW nerds from 90s but thats ****ing , thus I believe SWTOR is some sort of con. U aint going to see open beta even devs tell you! Just take a look at facebook, Mass Effect 3 got double more followers than SWTOR.
    Last edited by June; 06-09-2011 at 03:14 AM.

I personally found the video very promising - great environment, attention to detail, strong lore feeling. Hell even the combat looks decent - which is still my biggest concern.

Oh, and huge maps with lots of traveling and exploring are awesome.

So yes, it looks like my game. And I'm not a SW fan.

Ascendant

I think SWTOR is going to stay under my radar, well if these same few idiot would stop spamming it everywhere, I remember OP back in the days when I was active poster here. Too many games coming, GW2, TSW, Tera.. Diablo 3, Skyrim. I especially think D3 is going to be ****ing huge, if SC3 sold 3 mill within first month, game like D3 does 5mill, that kind of game is so rare and it comes from Blizzard just instant hit, btw it seems like SWTOR and D3 comes at the same time, EA alreayd mentioned "possible" January 2012 for SWTOR, os its basically it.
    Last edited by June; 06-09-2011 at 04:50 AM.

Soulwalker

I really don't think anyone will kill WoW cept maybe Blizz themselves. If they keep going down the road they are then more than likely they will do just that. But time will tell i suppose.

+ Reply to Thread