+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Word String Game

Lightbulb The Word String Game

Ok. Let's play a game. The object of the game is to take the last syllable of the previous person's word or words and type a new word or words using that syllable as the beginning of your new word or words and add it to the end of the previous word string. The result becomes a long single word comprised of a series of other words strung together. In order to win the game, you must tie your word back in to the very first word.

Here is an example of how it works:
    First word is "Pirate"
    The next person uses "Rhett and Link" (from youtube)
    The result makes "Pirhettandlink"
    The next person uses "Lincoln Logs"
    The result makes "Pirhettandlincolnlogs"
    Next person uses "Logorithm"
    The result makes "Pirhettandlincolnlogorithm"
    and so on....
    The winner would be the person to tie it back in to the word "Pirate" since that was the first word.

Rules are as follows:
    1. You may change the form of the word to suit your new word as long as it sounds the same when read aloud. Example with "Pirate". The last syllable is "rate" (pronounced 'ret') So, "Rhett" is a plausible substitute.
    2. If the previous word is plural, you may remove the "s" at the end to suit your word, provided it doesn't change the meaning of the word. Example with "Lincoln Logs" the 's' is removed so that "Logorithm" can be used.
    3. The word(s) used must be somewhat well known or common vocabulary.
    4. You may use more than one word at a time provided it is part of the same thing. Example "Rhett and Link" is a youtube channel or "Lincoln Logs" are toys.

I will start this off with the word:

Graphical

Ascendant

CALibrate

Graphicalibrate

Eighteen (-ate to Eight)

Graphicalibreighteen

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by CoNiGMa View Post
    Eighteen (-ate to Eight)

Graphicalibreighteen
    Actually, the last syllable is "brate"

So we are still at Grapgicalibrate

Yes, I realize that, but it doesn't necessarily have to be just the last syllable. More along the lines of the last part of the word. I just used the word "syllable", because that's the only word I could think of at the time to best describe it and make the most sense. For instance, if I were to continue my example above, there's no word that starts with "thm" So, I could use 2 syllables and say "Rhythm and Blues" making the word string "Pirhettandlincolnlogorythmandblues". I actually realized this after my initial post, but it was too late to edit it. Besides, I'm not sure there are many well known words that start with "brate"

So, it is "Graphicalibreighteen"
    Last edited by CoNiGMa; 06-09-2011 at 04:22 PM.

+ Reply to Thread