+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rift Wiki

Soulwalker

Default Rift Wiki

Normally, when I play MMOs, I often reference the wiki for the MMO in order to learn and understand certain aspects of the game before I actually reach that area so I don't make critical mistakes and such. However, after some research, I feel like the wikis provided for Rift seem incomplete and just generally lacking. Should there be a better community effort in filling these wikis, or am I missing something and there's in fact a very detailed and complete wiki that I just overlooked?

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

You're right. It's a little hard to find clear and complete explanations of things. It seems like you have to go googling and cobbling things together. Rift ZAM seems like the best overall reference for quests and practical how-and-what. Telarapedia seems like the best for lore. RiftJunkies and others are good for guides. If I'm wrong, please correct me.
    Last edited by Silverangel69; 06-06-2011 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverangel69 View Post
    If I'm wrong, please correct me.
    nar those are the same resources i use also

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Silverangel69 View Post
    You're right. It's a little hard to find clear and complete explanations of things. It seems like you have to go googling and cobbling things together. Rift ZAM seems like the best overall reference for quests and practical how-and-what. Telarapedia seems like the best for lore. RiftJunkies and others are good for guides. If I'm wrong, please correct me.
    I also noticed this, and given that this game is fairly recent, I suppose it's understandable. However, is it possible to get a collective group of people who are interested and begin to compile the scattered data into one, cohesive location for easier reference? A good wiki that I recall was the Guild Wars one where every quest location to every dungeon to every possible armor image was all compiled in the official wiki. If there was ever a question, everyone just pointed to the wiki and it was answered. I feel like this should be a requirement to all games :O

+ Reply to Thread