+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Why dont you just enjoy "Rift" As a pasttime just like any other pasttime in life !

  1. #1
    Champion of Telara Exxyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,213

    Default Why dont you just enjoy "Rift" As a pasttime just like any other pasttime in life !

    The same applies to all pasttime,

    You get bored, you do something different,

    If you have to complain because you feel its boring,

    Go play bowling, Poker, Golf, Another game,

    In Resume, If you dont like "Rift" , Go do something else, No one forces you to play "Rift"

    Sincerely, Exxy

  2. #2
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    479

    Default

    I think part of it is the pay to play mentality. I pay $x to y company per month to play z game, so I'm going to play it as much as I possibly can to get my moneys worth.

    Never mind paying on a monthly basis cost less then going to the mall and playing 1 round on an arcade machine a day. People seem to think that we need to be able to play non stop 24/7 and never get bored. A lot of you pay for television service on a monthly basis for the purpose of entertainment. Can you honestly tell me that there is always something on that you want to watch?

    I agree with you. Fortunately I can find other things in life to entertain me so I haven't reached this point of boredom in rift. For those of you who are feeling burned out, perhaps another hobbie is in order? Just because you pay $15 or less / month doesn't mean you need to play non stop to get a value.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exxyy View Post
    The same applies to all pasttime,

    You get bored, you do something different,

    If you have to complain because you feel its boring,

    Go play bowling, Poker, Golf, Another game,

    In Resume, If you dont like "Rift" , Go do something else, No one forces you to play "Rift"

    Sincerely, Exxy
    What people like you don't seem to understand is that when people complain, it means they like something but there's something wrong with it that impedes their enjoyment.

    For example say I take your advice and go bowling, but the lanes are so warped it's impossible to play, I'm gonna complain. I go and play poker but there's 6 queens, 10 kings, and no tens in the deck, I'm going to complain. I go to play golf, and there's only 1 hole on the entire course, I'm going to complain. Why? To improve my experience. Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.

  4. #4
    Shield of Telara Kelvenaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    What people like you don't seem to understand is that when people complain, it means they like something but there's something wrong with it that impedes their enjoyment.

    For example say I take your advice and go bowling, but the lanes are so warped it's impossible to play, I'm gonna complain. I go and play poker but there's 6 queens, 10 kings, and no tens in the deck, I'm going to complain. I go to play golf, and there's only 1 hole on the entire course, I'm going to complain. Why? To improve my experience. Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
    I see what you did there, taking things that would never really occur irl and putting them in a sentance....I'll just go get you a new bale of straw to help you construct your next argument.

    To the OP, I am the same really. I am enjoying the game. If I find something strange or wrong I use the in game feedback and leave it at that. If it gets to the point I start to dislike a game like this I will stop paying and stop playing, simple. Until then, well the odd moan and argument with people on the forums from time to time helps pass the time of day and gives me a chuckle every once and a while to see what some think is acceptable behaviour.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelvenaru View Post
    I see what you did there, taking things that would never really occur irl and putting them in a sentance....I'll just go get you a new bale of straw to help you construct your next argument.

    To the OP, I am the same really. I am enjoying the game. If I find something strange or wrong I use the in game feedback and leave it at that. If it gets to the point I start to dislike a game like this I will stop paying and stop playing, simple. Until then, well the odd moan and argument with people on the forums from time to time helps pass the time of day and gives me a chuckle every once and a while to see what some think is acceptable behaviour.
    How can you say those things would never happen? They happen on a regular basis everywhere...

  6. #6
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    479

    Default

    I understand where you are coming from Sindel, but some of the complaints here are like, complaining about a piece of gum stuck to the bottom of your seat at the bowling ally.

    All though everytime I get 1 shot by a pyro it does make me wish I was bowling on a warped lane!

  7. #7
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tuluka View Post
    I understand where you are coming from Sindel, but some of the complaints here are like, complaining about a piece of gum stuck to the bottom of your seat at the bowling ally.

    All though everytime I get 1 shot by a pyro it does make me wish I was bowling on a warped lane!
    lol I know what you mean, sometimes I read a comment and think, really? How could that possibly have you this upset? But then I just click the back button because if I'm entitled to my oppinion they are entitled to theirs. In essence complaining about people complaining is just as ridiculous imo. I either agree with them or I don't but am otherwise unaffected by their oppinion.

    P.S. I also hate pyro's.
    Last edited by Sinndel; 06-06-2011 at 06:41 AM.

  8. #8
    Champion of Telara Exxyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    What people like you don't seem to understand is that when people complain, it means they like something but there's something wrong with it that impedes their enjoyment.

    For example say I take your advice and go bowling, but the lanes are so warped it's impossible to play, I'm gonna complain. I go and play poker but there's 6 queens, 10 kings, and no tens in the deck, I'm going to complain. I go to play golf, and there's only 1 hole on the entire course, I'm going to complain. Why? To improve my experience. Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
    Honestly?

    There'S always 2 sides to a medal,

    The Good And The Bad, You always have the choice which one to focus on,

    Warped lanes, But you were with your best friend and 3 hot girls,
    Screwed decks for poker, Yeah but you won 250$,
    Golf, Only 1 hole, but you practiced and developped new techniques,

    (To resume, All your examples r kinda silly and does'nt make any sense)
    I just shown you some positive way of thinkin of the situations you've mentionned,

    Its easier to see the negative than the positive side of everything in the current world we live in,

    All in all, In every situation, There is positive and negative,
    The one who decides to focus only on the negative is the only responsible for their unhappinness,

    So please dont blame Trion for offering you a great chance to play an awesome game and let you a chance to evade reality,

    If you are that much unhappy, You should look in a mirror, And take a minute or 2 to look at you, and question yourself about your global vision and understanding of your surroundings

    Hope I helped,

    Think positive, See whats good, Do efforts, Be a better person overall,

    Its not that hard you know,

    Sincerelly, Exxy

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exxyy View Post
    Honestly?

    There'S always 2 sides to a medal,

    The Good And The Bad, You always have the choice which one to focus on,

    Warped lanes, But you were with your best friend and 3 hot girls,
    Screwed decks for poker, Yeah but you won 250$,
    Golf, Only 1 hole, but you practiced and developped new techniques,

    (To resume, All your examples r kinda silly and does'nt make any sense)
    I just shown you some positive way of thinkin of the situations you've mentionned,

    Its easier to see the negative than the positive side of everything in the current world we live in,

    All in all, In every situation, There is positive and negative,
    The one who decides to focus only on the negative is the only responsible for their unhappinness,

    So please dont blame Trion for offering you a great chance to play an awesome game and let you a chance to evade reality,

    If you are that much unhappy, You should look in a mirror, And take a minute or 2 to look at you, and question yourself about your global vision and understanding of your surroundings

    Hope I helped,

    Think positive, See whats good, Do efforts, Be a better person overall,

    Its not that hard you know,

    Sincerelly, Exxy
    The very essence of duality. Nice post.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts