+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I'm going to try out Warhammer online

Telaran

Default I'm going to try out Warhammer online

This game came out in 2008 and I didn't have a fast enough PC to play it now since I have a fast PC now which I built for Rift which I'm no longer playing because it's a click fest.

Warhammer is Mythic's baby so I suspect I'll like elements of it better then Rift. But it's 14 gigs =)

Just remember that pve ends at first 5 lvls, after 5 lvl there is ONLY PVP nothink else

click fest??? have you tried macros in rift, makes rotations a lot easier if thats what your having issues with .

Soulwalker

I played WAR at launch for a few months, but like most MMOs it just was not good enough at the time. It has some very good features and PvP was a blast. I generally played tanks so it was great to be viable in PvP. If you have never tried it I recommend giving it a go. However, if you like traditional MMOs like Rift WAR may not be your thing.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Klytemnestra View Post
    I played WAR at launch for a few months, but like most MMOs it just was not good enough at the time. It has some very good features and PvP was a blast. I generally played tanks so it was great to be viable in PvP. If you have never tried it I recommend giving it a go. However, if you like traditional MMOs like Rift WAR may not be your thing.
    If OP doesn't like RIFT then the OP won't like WAR. If you want something different I'd recommend DAOC (which is still alive and well) if you haven't already played it. Aside from that I found D&D online to be pretty cool and different.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 06-04-2011 at 01:34 PM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Telaran

Warhammer Endless Trial is awesome I love the graphics so far cartoon like the areas are reallly big and easy to get lost in. I was suprised at the number of people online but last patch update for the game was in June of 2010. Leveling seems really slow though =) I

There is a reason why Mythic no longer exists and why WAR is f2p.
    :: Ceileigh Amberlight - Dwarf Engineer :: Nimhue Amberlight - Dwarf Druid :: Faeblight ::

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by FoxMaiden View Post
    There is a reason why Mythic no longer exists and why WAR is f2p.
    WAR is not F2P.....
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    If OP doesn't like RIFT then the OP won't like WAR. If you want something different I'd recommend DAOC (which is still alive and well) if you haven't already played it. Aside from that I found D&D online to be pretty cool and different.
    DDO is different, but boy does Turbine know how to screw content up. There is too much content in the low levels (and it's too easy) and not enough in the high levels. You basically have to grind the same high end quests in DDO to level past 15. This is with an XP reduction every time you redo a quest.

There are other problems like the very sharp difficult increase from level 10 quests and up. Mobs get much, much more hp and damage. The low level content is too easy which is why the difficulty curve is so sharp. If you don't have Heavy Fortification, you might as well not try any content GH and up. You have to grind tapestries in the outside area of this quest chain I forgot the name of to get a helmet with heavy fort on it.

If I were to list every problem it would take all day. Just saying, DDO is cool until level 10 or so when anyone without an optimal build is going to have to re-roll or lesser reincarnate.

Played WAR for over a year from release, and then came back the end of last year/beginning of this year. The same bugs were there, the same gross class imbalanced definitely in place, the same empty keep fights still taking place, and the city siege was incredibly dumbed down. No thanks, that game would have made me stop playing MMOs if I hadn't decided to try the Rift beta on a whim.
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    WAR is not F2P.....
    Warhammer has an "endless trial" Same thing basically.
    :: Ceileigh Amberlight - Dwarf Engineer :: Nimhue Amberlight - Dwarf Druid :: Faeblight ::

Quote Originally Posted by FoxMaiden View Post
    Warhammer has an "endless trial" Same thing basically.
    Not basically. You only get to play up to lvl 10 RR 10 with the endless trial. The game goes to RR100 now, which is the reason I'm playing rift atm. After lvl 80 you can play all day and maybe get a 10th of a lvl, and later lvl's are even worse. It would take the average gamer(playing every evening and weekends) 6months + to go from lvl 80 to 100.
    Last edited by Rayk; 06-06-2011 at 04:53 PM.

Soulwalker

I am going to give Vanguard another shot.

I played warhammer for a good year and i really enjoyed it. up until mythic decided to bill me 600 dollars worth of subscription payments at once and then i didnt get it back until two months later. that made me quit that game in a heartbeat. never had a problem with any mmo screwing me over with my subscription until then.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rayk View Post
    Not basically. You only get to play up to lvl 10 RR 10 with the endless trial. The game goes to RR100 now, which is the reason I'm playing rift atm. After lvl 80 you can play all day and maybe get a 10th of a lvl, and later lvl's are even worse. It would take the average gamer(playing every evening and weekends) 6months + to go from lvl 80 to 100.
    What you said.

The Endless Trial is not F2P. F2P's use some sort of microtransaction system to keep afloat wether it be in the form of content packs or buyable items or both. GW I don't consider F2P cause you still have to buy the base game even if its free on a monthly basis.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast