+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DC Fans be honest.

Default DC Fans be honest.

I'm a DC fan. I really really don't like Marvel. I just don't really connect with their heroes (That and being from Philadelphia most of Marvel's big hitters are from NY so yeah...) DC is more my thing. I fell in love with DC when I first watched all of the DCAU JL, Superman, Batman, Batman Beyond, JLU, TT, YJ ect.. Then I read a couple of comic books from DC. I just like the universe a lot better.

However this is not the point of the thread. Level with me DC fans now that we're two weeks out from having one of the major JL hero's own feature Live Action movie, how many of you are going I might be walking into another Batman and Robin? Cause I am.

I'm a comic book fan, I root for both Marvel and DC properties. And I share your apprehension about the GL flick. The teaser trailer looked great...but then they released the second trailer with more scenes. Plenty of good still, but a couple of 'Umm' moments for me.

I liked the training scenes they showed, with Sinestro seeing Hal make a sword, shake his head, and go, 'So human,' and pull out two swords of his own. But then they show Hal pulling out a green Gatling gun later, and I'm like, "Ummm...that's the best he can do?' I like finally hearing the oath in the trailer, but then the villain with the swollen head looks...silly.

We can hope, though.
    Win when you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!

Apart from Superman, Marvel have been aggressively marketing their heroes to the big screen better than DC these past few years....well decades then. Until DC start doing the same then they will just not be as noticeable to the mainstream. But why choose Green Lantern and an actor that played a marvel character to start has me wishing they had chose Power Girl hehe Now that would get a few lads off the computers and into the multiplex's hehe

There's always the few exceptions, buts for the most part, movie adaptations don't generally sit well with people who know better.
    The X-Men movies are a good example of that, especially the most recent.
    Snob - Rogue
    Smug - Cleric

Everyone and their grandma has super powers in the Marvel universe. I don't like that. Think there are more mutants/super heroes than normal ppl.

DC is more...logical.
    Last edited by Chomag; 06-03-2011 at 06:22 AM.

Shadowlander

Road to Civil War / Civil war series probably my favourite run.

I like both houses. Movie adaptions never will be anywhere near as good as the original, imo, but im biased ofc. Comics <3

+ Reply to Thread