+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "WoW Killer"

Shadowlander

Default "WoW Killer"

This term has been used now for... a few years id say, Every new mmo was label'd this way and they all flunked, then theres Rift, I think rift has done what games like AoC and WAR didnt do, by offering a game that has appeal to the avarage WoW player, i like to think im not biased, i played wow for along time, and like some i got tired of it, 5 years of any game will burn you out eventually, ive played other games since stopping wow after cata, but have now settled on rift, Why? becuase its not a complete style change from wow, it has elements of wow but through similarity you will gain subscribers.

AoC really was a let down, i bought it and think i played it 3-4 times before just giving up completely, trying to introduce somthing such as a new combat style can break a game and i think AoC tried to do everything unrelated to wow in the hopes people would simply convert to a new style.

So, my thoughts on a "WoW killer" honestly, i dont think there will ever be one, as years come and go new games will come out, blizzard will lose its subscribers to wow eventually, but they bring new games out just like any other company, so why you might not play wow anymore you might play Sc2, or D3.

If there ever was going to be a wow killer, by that i mean take the majority of wows playerbase id put my money on there new MMO, which technically wouldnt be a wow killer as the same company will generate the same revenue if not more.

i wish people wouldnt use the term wow killer, as there never will be one, they lost 600,000 subscribers lately, sounds massive and it is, but when you compare that to the 11.4 MILLION they still have, you cant honestly think 1 game will take the majority of them, which btw, would mean at this present time 1 single new game would need to gain atleast 5.7 million subscribers, and wow would have to lose the same number. Love or hate the game you cant argue with numbers.

Ghostcrawler is the biggest wow killer. I quit wow last week when he decided to **** dks at pvp.
    Last edited by Chomag; 06-02-2011 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Ghostcrawler is the biggest wow killer. I quit wow last week when he decided to **** dks at pvp.
    Best thing about Rift - people like this are leaving WoW so our forums are so much nicer now, hopefully we can start having "nice things" again.

WoW forums and Rift forums are quite distinctive imo. There are similarities - because ppl hit the forums when something is wrong. But the level of discussion on WoW forums is vastly inferior to Rift imo. Nuance and analysis are missing for the most part. I hope WoW continues to flourish, because it acts as a containment device for the lowest common denominator.
    My shiny carapace is cracked. I should have never left the sea. Krugon.

Smile

I have washed my hands of that other game and couldn't care less what becomes of it (I expect it to be around for a looooong time). All I wish for is a healthily populated Rift shard.
    Thanks for the haircuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeden View Post
    Best thing about Rift - people like this are leaving WoW so our forums are so much nicer now, hopefully we can start having "nice things" again.
    I don't see how us leaving wow will stop your face from being ugly ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but classes get nerfed, and sometimes it's you. I'm predicting you'll up and leave rift once your current class/soul gets nerfed, and you'll cry about it on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Friar Tuck View Post
    I hope WoW continues to flourish, because it acts as a containment device for the lowest common denominator.
    This is a great quote ^_^
    Grievance, Ethian Chloromaster, Leader of <Chaos>
    +Rithius, +Aro
    How to have rational discussions

Quote Originally Posted by Friar Tuck View Post
    WoW forums and Rift forums are quite distinctive imo. There are similarities - because ppl hit the forums when something is wrong. But the level of discussion on WoW forums is vastly inferior to Rift imo. Nuance and analysis are missing for the most part. I hope WoW continues to flourish, because it acts as a containment device for the lowest common denominator.
    On the whole, very true from what I've seen.
    Last edited by Qnaluus; 06-04-2011 at 06:26 PM.

+ Reply to Thread