+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MMO pet peeves

Telaran

Default MMO pet peeves

My biggest one: Rouge is make up that women wear. It is not overpowered, it does not stealth. ROGUE is the word you're looking for. You sound like a complete *** when you say rouge.
    Last edited by Darhken; 05-31-2011 at 07:53 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Darhken View Post
    My biggest one: Rouge is make up that women wear. It is not overpowered, it does not stealth. ROGUE is the word you're looking for. You sound like a complete *** when you say rouge.
    I personally find rouge to be very overpowered.

Every time I see a woman wearing it I lose huge amounts of respect almost instantly. My respect bar goes down in seconds and I have zero defenses against it.

Rift Master

When ppl use leet speak all the time and aren't leetoh nor cheetoh.
    They make me imagine them with black spiked and gelled hair fist pumping with a fake tan. Tools the lot of them. They make me ashamed the internet was opened up to the world. They are probably twittering right now about their last meal or party or someone uglier than them (so they think) because they are so very important.

One liners that are have been repeated around the net so much they don't even seem funny like can I have your stuff. It's like watching a sheep be a sheep. Baaaaa

Tonight in pvp I thought the screaming insults was pretty childish does that count.
    We all are there to kill each other, no reason to be an animal about it just because you can scream and talk to the other side. It ties in with the one above too because they say GG if you lost as an example. Extraordinarily childish.

Rolling need and not needing it.

Being told what to do by someone that thinks you know nothing because you haven't said everything you know. That's an eye roller inducing scenario.
    Last edited by Fernt; 05-31-2011 at 08:01 PM.

Ascendant

A lot of gaming language breaks immersion for me. Mob, trash mob, boss, for example.

I can't imagine Gandalf facing the orcs and saying let's clear these trash mobs, because the boss is coming. If you play for immersion, these terms are just...well...bleh.

Instead of mob I'd use the word foe. I wouldn't use the word trash mob at all.

I usually call bosses elites, because they are elite foes. Even that's not perfect, but it's better than boss.

The image boss conjures up for me is a guy in charge of a mob hit. Not really what I'm looking for in a fantasy game.

Noob, nub and bad are also on my hit list and frankly, those who use them or insist on using them should have their own servers.

Servers, in fact, should be divided into people who want immersion and people who don't. And immersion, btw isn't roleplaying. I'm not a roleplayer.

Although next time I start a new game, I'll probably make it my business to roll on a roleplaying server, because I'm sure the immersion would be better.

I'm guessing character transfers won't let me transfer to Faeblight.

You know, that's an interesting thing.

My background in P&P RPGs means I'm good at immersing with or without something "immersive", up to a point. But I pretty much always play on RP servers because I really like the more consistent world.

I don't mind MMO terminology in OOC channels, but I like it when IC channels are, well, IC.

One of the things I don't comprehend is why anyone would play these games mostly out of character; the games are trivial for the most part and the fun, for me, comes from the character modeling.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

+ Reply to Thread