+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Guild Wars 2

Exclamation Guild Wars 2

Is anyone else crazily excited with anticipation for Guild Wars 2? I am, and with every new piece of information or every new video, I get even moreso. It is going to be a HUGE let-down for me if ArenaNet doesn't deliver on what they are promising.

The "Manifesto" video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35BPhT-KI1E
    GeeksNGamers.com- Get Plugged In!

there are a few threads about it already
    im not excited at all, fixed 10 slot bar = no thnx for me
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1282&dateline=1279040  725

Saw that video yesterday and it is an awesome video, I am just not overly excited about the fact that there are no healers and everyone had self heals, but I am interested enough that I will assuredly pick it up!
    Crowl - Bahmi Justicar/Shaman/Purifier Tank
    Aramon Alshan 32 Riftstalker/34 Nightblade PVP setup
    Sunrest RP-PVP
    Foe's Watch

I don't know how I feel about that either Crowl, but I DO like the fact that ArenaNet is trying to be different from everyone else. I will have it day 1, so we should play together.
    GeeksNGamers.com- Get Plugged In!

In every video they appear to be actively trying to hype and sell the game, not just inform. That makes me wary.
    -According to a Facebook quiz, I'm a genius.

I picked Rift because i dont think Gw2 looks that great, some races look wierd, some terrains lacks color imo, i dont like to see guns mixed with fantasy mmo's tbh, and at the end of the video.... a pink dragon O.o?

Guild Wars is and probably, as seen from the videos, will be a game with the most beautiful environment in an mmorpg. But other than that, Guild Wars only gave me excitement for few days and to this day when I see my guild wars box, I want my money back. Every time I've gone to play it again I haven't been able to play it more than few hours, and pretty much most of the other people I've played with have had the same feeling. I really hope they've made Guild Wars 2 better, but I hugely doubt it. But I will probably play it as well, for the environmental beauty. And I hope they this time added jumping and don't have invisible walls and blocks everywhere.

I don't know, I'm not too sure on Guild Wars 2, I think I will wait a couple weeks after it is released to see how it is. I didn't go well with Guild Wars, it was a beautiful game but for some reason when I logged out I just couldn't pick it up again. I guess I was kind of bored of the game but I'm sure Guild Wars 2 will be different.
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Soulwalker

I'm interested but cautiously so. The good thing about Guild Wars is the non subscription model, at least it will only cost me the price of the game to discover if its something I want to continue.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Starseeker's Avatar

I think it will be a good burn out game, when you are burned out on your primary game due to the no sub model, just like the old guildwars was, however as a full time MMO, I'm not sure...I know I'll be here either way

Cleric - Defiant - Greybriar

Leader of Midnight Aeternus Guild

If it really is an MMO this time and they deliver on their promises it will be great. I am skeptical of a F2P game, but if it turns out to be good I may try it. I didn't like how the first one was set up, and I do doubt this one will be much different.

I remember playing the guild wars original beta and realizing how amazing the game was. After that I bought the game and eventually got bored at around the level of 17. The game just seems like its never ending single player. I don't like the idea of instanced gameplay that completely takes you away from a real MMORPG. Guildwars is not a MMORPG it has MMORPG aspects but it does not have an open world that provides gamers to freely roam the world with their friends. This is all just my opinion but I am fairly sure that other players here would also agree with me.

Keeping an eye on the game, but am not as exited as I was few minutes ago when I found out that Kelari will be on Defiant side! OH GOODIE!
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

its a neck n neck race for me which i will be playing between rift and guild wars 2. as i have said in other threads I love the outside the box thinking the guild wars 2 devs have done, I love the sound of their dynamic events system, their personality mechanic, and of course the PVP sounds really cool as well.

my only concerns are the skills system having 10 with 5 being preset seems very limiting, but i will have to see how that works out.

WTB the above item .... mine broke

Nope not excited at all. I hated GW1 because of heavily instanced world and the fact that i had to buy like wat 4 expansions all costing me 140$ together. And the fact that I personally believe a mmo that does not have P2P wont be as successful.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast