veterinarian for domestic animals
    business school professor
    family court judge
    small-business owner
    new car sales reprasentative
    stockbroker/financial consultant
    Plastic surgeon

The above is definitely BIASed.

Personally, theres no grey area to ethics.... is there? Either you do or you don't, either your ethical in your decisions and practice or your not ethical... Can you truely be ethical once in a while and achieve a true semi-ethical practice?

I suppose it could be argued that to be truely ethical someone else has to percieve what your doing as ethical... meaning that from one person to the next the question of ethics is based purely on your personal view of the ethical decision/practice in question.

Seems odd, but if thats the case I could view murdering the competetion as not-ethical and then donate company resources to charity the next day and make up for my non-ethical with ethical... achieving a balance? *ponders*

Odd question to me, but then i'm just an uneducated Canadian.

By definition, this is a philosophical term

Ethics, also known as moral philosophy, is a branch of philosophy that addresses questions about morality—that is, concepts such as good and evil, right and wrong, virtue and vice, justice, etc.
    Last edited by Endlaw; 05-27-2011 at 11:39 AM.
    Guild Leader of Unholy - Defiant Regulos.

Quote Originally Posted by Kozza
    Anyone who has worked in customer service knows that customers will always complain about something. Trion could give out kittens to everyone and you'd still get people saying "Where's my puppy Trion? In fact, you should have given me a puppy two weeks ago. Don't you realize that most of your customers are puppy-lovers and not kitten-lovers? If you don't give us puppies right away, you're going to lose EVEN MORE subs."

Possibly followed by someone else saying "Trion never advertised this as a puppy-centric game, 80% of players want kittens, get over it."

Quote Originally Posted by Myrosan View Post
    its apart of my homework so required
    No. I meant in terms of job ethics as to whether the question was a ranking of job requirements or a ranking of what professions had the most/least ethical members?

In other words, are you asking for opinions as to which professions require more attention to ethical considerations? Or are you asking for opinions as to which professions have the most/least ethical persons?
    Cogito Ergo Femina Sum

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Sarablu View Post
    No. I meant in terms of job ethics as to whether the question was a ranking of job requirements or a ranking of what professions had the most/least ethical members?

In other words, are you asking for opinions as to which professions require more attention to ethical considerations? Or are you asking for opinions as to which professions have the most/least ethical persons?
    ranking of what professions had the most/least ethical members?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Endlaw View Post
    Ethical
    computer programer
    Unethical
    criminal lawyer
    family court judge
    small-business owner
    Plastic surgeon

The above is definitely BIASed.

Personally, theres no grey area to ethics.... is there? Either you do or you don't, either your ethical in your decisions and practice or your not ethical... Can you truely be ethical once in a while and achieve a true semi-ethical practice?

I suppose it could be argued that to be truely ethical someone else has to percieve what your doing as ethical... meaning that from one person to the next the question of ethics is based purely on your personal view of the ethical decision/practice in question.

Seems odd, but if thats the case I could view murdering the competetion as not-ethical and then donate company resources to charity the next day and make up for my non-ethical with ethical... achieving a balance? *ponders*

Odd question to me, but then i'm just an uneducated Canadian.

By definition, this is a philosophical term

Ethics, also known as moral philosophy, is a branch of philosophy that addresses questions about morality—that is, concepts such as good and evil, right and wrong, virtue and vice, justice, etc.
    this is the point of the question its a "debate" topic =)

Shadowlander

Unethical
    criminal lawyer
    family court judge
    small-business owner
    Plastic surgeon

[/QUOTE]

most to least or least to most?

Quote Originally Posted by Myrosan View Post
    a project for my principles o managment class

Rank from most ethical to least ethical job

Plastic surgeon
    computer programer
    Business executive, major firm
    criminal lawyer
    family court judge
    small-business owner
    new car sales representative
    Are you trying to gauge the perceived ethical values or perceived ratio of ethical vs. nonethical members of each profession? Because I doubt anyone on this forum has done any sort of study on the type of person (ethical or not) that tends to be drawn towards each profession.

No doubt, you can pick members of any of those listed professions and find some that are ethical in all their dealings, and others who will bend any rule to further their personal agenda. Plastic surgeons, for example, work (ethically) to give normal appearances to people suffering from birth defects or disfiguring accidents; they also get rich (unethically) by doing cosmetic surgery on people who look fine, but have self-acceptance issues. Any profession has its share of bad apples, and I have no way of knowing what that share is, per profession.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Palvy View Post
    Are you trying to gauge the perceived ethical values or perceived ratio of ethical vs. nonethical members of each profession? Because I doubt anyone on this forum has done any sort of study on the type of person (ethical or not) that tends to be drawn towards each profession.

No doubt, you can pick members of any of those listed professions and find some that are ethical in all their dealings, and others who will bend any rule to further their personal agenda. Plastic surgeons, for example, work (ethically) to give normal appearances to people suffering from birth defects or disfiguring accidents; they also get rich (unethically) by doing cosmetic surgery on people who look fine, but have self-acceptance issues. Any profession has its share of bad apples, and I have no way of knowing what that share is, per profession.
    it is solely how you pres-eve the profession you guys seem to be looking way to much into it

Rift Disciple

Surely it's not the job that is ethical or unethical (except in extreme cases such as illegal or exploitative jobs) but the conduct of the individual while performing that job?

The most creditable roles when performed ethically would be the ones with the greatest moral responsibility, such as Family Court Judge and Criminal Lawyer. The least creditable would be the ones that are most strongly motivated by achieving profit through manipulation, such as New Car Sales Representative and Stockbroker. There are also some that only have a minimal moral dimension at all, like Computer Programmer. However, if the conduct of the person performing the job is unethical, then the most creditable jobs also hold the worst potential for abuse.

+ Reply to Thread