+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Slow day at the office

Default Slow day at the office

So whom else works the standard 9-5 and has the opportunity to frequent forums during the day?

It's rainy and slow at work today, do something more entertaining for these forums.

Yeah..... IDK..... got nothing interesting to say.... i just want someone to talk too :-)
    Xerise, Eliana, Eurydice, Rissa and December
    http://www.direman.com/everwas/index.php

same 8:30am - 4:30am server time.

Sit at work, most hours browsing the interwebs, much of that time on these forums lately. :P

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

This is maybe the third day in three years that I've finished everything I need to do for the day before noon. Probably because of the three day weekend. :3

Soulwalker

While not in an office, we are real slow today at the restaurant...lots of time to browse forums. We do have an interesting Bike Week going on at the beach though, but im at work...

Rift Disciple

If you're not bored enough to let me nitpick your grammar, please disregard the following and have a nice day:

You can't use "whom" like that! "Whom" is a pronoun like "me" or "him", it refers to the object of a clause - the person to which something is being done. "Who" is a pronoun like "I" or "he", it refers to the person doing the verb. Who works / I work / He works, not Whom works / Me work / Him works. Who is working upon whom? I am working upon me!

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

I don't know that we ever have a slow day at the office around here, but somehow still find time to check the forums.

I'm stuck at work for four more hours. It'll be well past midnight before I can go home and collapse from sheer exhaustion. Entertain me!
    "Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea."

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #8

I feel like I'm always reading the forums, even when I'm busy...o wait, I think I generally get busy because of reading something on the forums. Curse you paradox!!

Default Not 9-5 or anything, but...

http://xkcd.com/303/

That's pretty much why I'm here.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    I feel like I'm always reading the forums, even when I'm busy...o wait, I think I generally get busy because of reading something on the forums. Curse you paradox!!
    "Ha-ha! Oh goodness, these photographs of felines coupled with humorous phrases are just capital! And what's this? Yon gentleman seems stricken with a sort of madness, I shall see what is the matter."

And then you wish you hadn't.
    Last edited by Akhet; 05-27-2011 at 12:28 PM.

11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #11

Quote Originally Posted by Akhet View Post
    "Ha-ha! Oh goodness, these photographs of felines coupled with humorous phrases are just capital! And what's this? Yon gentleman seems stricken with a sort of madness, I shall see what is the matter."

And then you wish you hadn't.
    This is exactly how my inner voice sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    I don't know that we ever have a slow day at the office around here, but somehow still find time to check the forums.
    you guys should find time to post more.

On a similar note, what jobs do you all have that permit you to browse the forums during the work day? (Not you, silly Devs : P)

I do. But these forums don't provide me with enough entertainment.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.

My internet access is strictly controlled at work. Sometimes I can't go to websites even when I have a completely legitimate reason for visiting them.

OTOH, I was able to show my friend the "All dogs go to heaven" church sign war... obviously, there is not a lot of consistency in what gets blocked at work.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast