+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Razer Switchblade thoughts...

Soulwalker

Default Razer Switchblade thoughts...

Hi all! Just curious on your thoughts on the new Razor Switchblade and will it be able to run Rift descently.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn9PlkbIcgw

Does anyone have a ballpark figure on the razer, seems impossible to find $$$?
    Last edited by Lexx78; 05-27-2011 at 07:51 AM.

$$ - More than it's worth
    Rift functional - Doubtful, probably about as good as playing Starcraft 2 on your phone would be
    Gimmick factor - Off the charts

Soulwalker

yeah i noticed that they keep hiding the price to build the hype

Ascendant

If it's Razer, it's over priced and probably under constructed.

I've owned 2 razer headphones, a keyboard and a mouse. While their quality in execution is exceptional, the integrity and build of the products is that of cheap sweat-shop labor quality.

As a gamer my whole life who demands top quality, razer is off my list.

While I agree most of Razer's stuff is overpriced, the Deathadder Black Edition is the best mouse i've ever owned, period. And i've had a lot of mice.
    Last edited by Diay; 05-27-2011 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diay View Post
    While I agree most of Razer's stuff is overpriced, the Deathadder Black Edition is the best mouse i've ever owned, period. And i've had a lot of mice.
    Logitech helped me let go of Microsoft. Razer helped me let go of Logitech. Mionix helped me let go of Razer. The 5000 isn't amazing but it just fits my wide hand like a glove. 5000 DPI doesn't hurt either ;)
    Last edited by Trisian; 05-27-2011 at 08:41 AM.

Prophet of Telara

I own the Logitech G700 mouse and the G19 keyboard. In all honesty, when it comes to peripherals, Ive never found a better company.

Logitech almost turned into an "apple" style company but they are slowly returning to their roots.

I've owned many Logitech mice but I don't play company favoritism. I buy what the best product is for my price range when I need it, whichever company that might be at the time. Last time I needed a mouse it was Razer.

That Mionix mouse looks nice, but i'm not spending $80 for a mouse ever. Steelseries makes some very good ones like the Xai in that price range as well.
    Last edited by Diay; 05-27-2011 at 09:02 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Yeah. The only bad Logitech product Ive ever purchased was also my favorite . The wired trackman trackball. The thing was so ridiculously accurate but had the most poorly constructed right mouse button Ive ever seen haha

Rich Aemry

Razer isn't actually making the switchblade. It's a UI platform they are hoping OEMs will build on top of.

BTW I loved Logitech G9s. Would still use them exclusively if they weren't wired, or I wasn't constantly on the road.
    Last edited by Rich Aemry; 05-29-2011 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diay View Post
    Agree. I like this mouse a lot - I've abused the cord dragging my laptop all over the house, and bashed the mouse on the floor - it's constructed well. It has just enough buttons for me, not too many to remember!

This Switchblade looks kind of cool, but when I have my 17" laptop at maximum resolution to enjoy the graphics' appearance, I can sometimes hardly read nameplates and quest info easily. On a screen as small as the Switchblade, I'm thinking you'll either have that problem or not have much in the way of peripheral vision...which would make pvp or running through areas with lots of monsters kind of tough.

+ Reply to Thread