+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Have you seen the new GW2 Manifesto trailer?

Default Have you seen the new GW2 Manifesto trailer?

GW2 Manifesto

I must admit it looks pretty impressive.
    "Midget soothsayer robs bank. Small medium at large!"

It does look good but is not it all pvp? Is there a pve server? Or how does the pvp work? Is it just guilds that declare war on each other that can pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by Anasazi View Post
    It does look good but is not it all pvp? Is there a pve server? Or how does the pvp work? Is it just guilds that declare war on each other that can pvp?
    how i understand it is the game sets PVP up in "the mists" which is a special land where its server vs server vs server over keeps and special resources. servers are rotated every couple weeks or so. but besides the mists there is also "structured" PVP which is more like the original guild wars PVP. other than that mostly PVE.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pvp

I tell you want I was blown away by the Manifesto trailer, love the way it looks and love the outside the box thinking of the devs there.
    Last edited by Apoth; 08-10-2010 at 10:50 PM. Reason: was mistaken.

WTB the above item .... mine broke

i have said a few times of forums here that GW2 is almost as good as RIFT, it looks amazing, has a much bigger fanbase and also has dynamic content from what i've heard
    rift has a better class system and more complex dynamic system
    all it needs is a fanbase

the bad : 1. NCSOFT, after aion, i hate em, and wish they die
    2. the leveling curve is flat , which means roughly same time to level 10->11 as 49->50
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1282&dateline=1279040  725

As far as I can tell, GW2 is the largest contender out there. It is developed by a western studio, and has to some degree similar pulling features (dynamic content, fantastic graphics). I think either game could go the distance, and these are the question marks in gw2 - if they work out good, Gw2 will be a hit, regardless of Rift's outcome:

1. NCSoft suck... I always felt with Aion that they just wanted to sell box copies and then hang on to people for as long as possible. And Gw2 will be F2P except for the box sales. This makes me very weary of what kind of non-paid support you will get.

2. Class/skill system. Gw2 classes are extremely generic, and there are no true healers either. The no tank/dps/healer could be fun in PvP, but I must say I'm skeptical for it in PvE.

3. PvE. As an opinion, I get the feeling that the PvE will be a pushover. People will be max level really quick with the "flat" leveling graph.

4. 10 skill bar system with 5 that are changed when you change weapon... no idea how this will feel.

Quote Originally Posted by charlionfire View Post

2. Class/skill system. Gw2 classes are extremely generic, and there are no true healers either. The no tank/dps/healer could be fun in PvP, but I must say I'm skeptical for it in PvE.
    this is something i am very interested in seeing how it will play out. I think its going to either boom or bust, no middle ground. its either gonna suck hard and they will have to change it or it will be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    GW2 Manifesto

I must admit it looks pretty impressive.
    Ye, pretty impressive and some beautiful arts. Enjoyed watching it.

I have to admit, Guild Wars 2 is shaping up to be one incredible looking title and could find itself in a very strong position once launched. I think that I will be playing this alongside Rift as much as I can for sure, and since it has no subscription costs...why not?

I saw it, and it piqued my interest a little bit, but I am one of those analomies who hates completely instanced games, so I lost interest in the original guild wars way early on. I don't even really know how they can get away with calling it an MMO, it's more like a social network, since you only run into people in the towns.

But taking instancing to the next level - where Blizzard is going with WoW and what they're doing here - is the next logical step in the evolution of MOGs. Let's face it, we all want to see our actions impact the world around us. It sucks saving the village from a horde of ravenous trolls by blowing up a bridge only to come by a few hours later and everything is exactly the same as when you first showed up. The world should change as a result of your actions. I sure hope Telara is taking that to heart and going to utilize it.
    "Midget soothsayer robs bank. Small medium at large!"

Quote Originally Posted by Arrocken View Post
    I saw it, and it piqued my interest a little bit, but I am one of those analomies who hates completely instanced games, so I lost interest in the original guild wars way early on. I don't even really know how they can get away with calling it an MMO, it's more like a social network, since you only run into people in the towns.
    guild wars 2 is a fully persistant world, its not going to be like guild wars 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrocken View Post
    Actually, they did emphasized very clearly that Guild Wars is not an MMO, rather as a Competitive Online Game or something like that. However, Guild Wars 2 is not like Guild Wars and this time developers can say this will be a fully blown MMO game.

The difference between GW2 and Rift for me right now is that whenever Rift devs do interviews or videos we're getting information, not just hopes and intentions and 'vision.' Even the class unveilings for GW2 so far have been more about everything BUT telling us how the actual game is going to work. It all feels so scripted and like a Vanguard-McQuaid hype-train with GW2 that I'm not buying in just yet. Definitely worth keeping my eye on, but I'll stay cautiously optimistic about GW2 until they start telling us HOW combat is going to work, for instance, instead of just making promises and pontificating on doing away with the holy trinity (good luck with that, lol).

The info I know about Rift has me excited. The hopes and intentions of GW2 have me excited. One of those, imo, isn't yet worth any monetary or emotional investment.
    -According to a Facebook quiz, I'm a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Apoth View Post
    I tell you want I was blown away by the Manifesto trailer, love the way it looks and love the outside the box thinking of the devs there.
    GW was/is a good game.. It was different and the business model was very unique and allowed people to still play GW even if they were involved in another MMO... Which is why I DO plan on picking up GW2 even when I'm playing Rift... It will sort of be my ALT char in a sense...

But with that model.. Money comes in expansions... So they tend to put out more expansions than the average... Least it seemed that way during the time I was playing WoW....

The content of the game in the original was reached after just a month of me playing.. I ran out of things to do.. Even with the massive amounts of stuff in the second rendition, I think it will still be this way.. And it will just come to us in terms of expansions.. That's ok though...

GW and WoW both cost me less than buying console games that could give me same amount of entertainment... This time when GW2 comes out, it will be Rift instead... And it was Battlefield BC and Aion that I played simultaneously after WoW cause Aion just didn't fill the bill for keeping my attention 100%...

Rift may keep my attention 100%, but I still will get GW2 simply cause of the business model and it offering a different kind of play... I'm just not so positive with all the combat styles.. I like fast paced games.. Why I enjoyed Aion more than WoW even though it was really boring in PvE... The PvP was way more entertaining just unbalanced in ways that made you wanna throw your computer out the window sometimes and a 100ms lag more than an opponent could be your death...

If you read the last interview from Curse, seems Rift has that same approach sort of.. Curse guys explain that the first 12 levels they never really dealt with a quest that was a kill quest.. They were all entertaining quests that kept you involved in the game.. So I'm thinking a lot of "out of box" thinking was here also...

I do think the idea that if you walked up to a village and saw centaurs killing people, that you shouldn't need a quest for that.. That's dynamic quest right there, you just jump in beat them down and you get rewards.. Sounds like the Rifts to me in the game, sort of the same light... They are claiming dynamics also in that the world will change based on what you do...

With both these titles coming out... I don't know which game will actually be crowned for being the first "Dynamic" game of it's kind... Cause they are sort of the same kind of fantasy MMO...

Another thing also... GW2 sort of has that pretty fantasy look I'm kind of tired of though in a way.. I love the look yes, but I want something more sinister looking.. And I see that in this game moreso... I want dark dead looking villages and creepy pathways... etc... That stuff is great in my book... I saw a few shots in GW2 in that Manifesto vid of the Scar killing something that looked like it shouldn't be killed, haha.. I was like "Oh noes! Save the puppy!" Anyway... I want scary, creepy, real fantasy stuff I grew up with like Krull, Beastmaster, Conan the Barbarian/Destroyer, LotR, or those D&D Fiend Folio books... That's the world I'm wanting to live in and enjoy taking part of...
    Last edited by DarkoneNeo; 08-16-2010 at 12:16 AM.

Most Likely to be: Defiant - Cleric Calling (PvP Server)

I liked the Maifesto and I dont know if you all read what the combat is lije but being able to use enviroment and others peoples spells or moves with your seems pretty neat! They have shown a Mage using static field with a hunter shooting through it so then the arrow is electrically charged and has a static effect to it.But the whole decision and seeing things I think is neat to but granted I still want rift but I am thinking about picking Gw2 up until rift when it comes out.

I like doing everything in groups! More joy and fun especially for the unexpected!

Its not the developers who make the profit of ideas its the community who helps while they make the greatest of ideas become the vision of what we play of there hard work!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast