+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yay NFL Preseason starts this week!

Default Yay NFL Preseason starts this week!

Just a few more stinkin weeks till the NFL official season starts once more. ******* I love football! GO PACKERS!
    "Midget soothsayer robs bank. Small medium at large!"

Sports are so boring without football and hockey being played on TV. Go Broncos!
    Stabby Stabby, Pokey Pokey
    Calitar, Calmara, Calidor, Calmereth - Guardian - Wolfsbane
    http://www.virtuegaming.com/portal.php

Go 49ers

WTH , im european and i like football , sooo GOOOOO VIKINGS !!! But only if Favre plays .. i like the old dog , hes so alive on the field and hes 40 !
    Last edited by DeceneU; 08-10-2010 at 09:45 PM.
    Deceneu - Xanadu
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/profile/1898430
    eat good-look good;look good-play good;play good-paid good;paid good-eat good

Finally, had enough of lame european football , time to watch a real sport
    sad enough the only TV station that has the NFL here in Romania is not on my TV Provider list time to STream-watch the games
    gotta catch up on the transfers too
    no favorite for me, i just hope the Giants burn and loose every match for ruining that PERFECT SEASON for the Pats
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1282&dateline=1279040  725

Quote Originally Posted by Kara View Post
    Go 49ers
    !!!! We might actually win our division this year... maybe. I don't trust Alex Smith.
    When darkness falls it is because we have brought it upon ourselves.

KASE Breakdown: Achiever 46.67%, Explorer 46.67%, Killer 66.67%, Socializer 46.67%

Woo hoo! I'm excited! I live in Washington, so I'll be rooting Seahawks. I'm hoping Pete Carrol can save them...but I don't think even a god could

I've always been with the Steelers .
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Gah.. Now I have to put up with my dad entire 10 months again... This is soo annoying.. What do you people see in football anyway??
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

Quote Originally Posted by aahingenuity View Post
    I've always been with the Steelers .
    WOOT! Steelers fan
    http://i30.tinypic.com/xpofgk.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Elladar View Post
    Gah.. Now I have to put up with my dad entire 10 months again... This is soo annoying.. What do you people see in football anyway??
    What don't you see in it? Football is an analogy for the best part of America. Baseball is boring, basketball and hockey are ok but they drag because the seasons are ridiculously long. Football is 17 weeks where every single game counts, no 'We'll get 'em next tine.' It's win or perish!

You should read How Football Explains America.

Paolantonio, a television football correspondent, opens with an intriguing question: Why does conventional wisdom say that it was television that made football so popular, when other countries that have television are not the slightest bit interested in the game? What if the truth was exactly the opposite—football helped make television? The book relates the evolution of the sport to the evolution of the country: just as America declared its independence from England, so American footballers redesigned the game and made it independent from the British import, rugby. And just as immigrants to the U.S. helped build the country, so various ethnic groups helped build football. The parallels between football and combat are obvious, but Paolantonio doesn’t hammer at them, preferring instead to talk about the way the sport captured the interest of its fans to a degree that few recreational pursuits ever equaled. The hyperbole of its title aside, this volume has surprisingly insightful things to say about football as a sociocultural phenomenon. Expect some interest beyond football fans.
    Once you get into football you'll be hooked for life!
    "Midget soothsayer robs bank. Small medium at large!"

I agree! I am definitely excited that football season is here! Should be fun and more reason to make football food for the hubby!! And we just moved to Louisiana so we're in for some serious football fans here. LSU and The Saints have a lot of hardcore fans. Fun fun!

.... Recruiting officer for The Watch

I kind of like basketball so I at least have something to watch up until spring, but then I go into mourning until Football starts back up. I've been a big Giants fan for a lot of years and fall is just my favorite time of year because of football.

woohoo - Go Patriots, Packers and Pittsburg - in that order and with Patriots taking the Superbowl in the end.
    Veteran MMORPG Player for 10 years. Played almost all of them at one point. Played variety of races and classes and am good at most of them also.

Quote Originally Posted by Paks View Post
    woohoo - Go Packers

WTB the above item .... mine broke

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast