+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gold farmers already coin-"locked-up" in China

Default Gold farmers already coin-"locked-up" in China

So funny/sad I had to share the link.
    http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/...detainee-says/

Apparently Chinese Prisoners were forced to play Wow, in Gold farming/money making scam. Lets keep these leaches out of our economy. Please people don't buy gold, and thank you Trion for pro-actively seeking them out.

Plane Touched

If it was rift I would ask how I sign up
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    Warriors are on par with cleric and rogue tanking

Quote Originally Posted by ixvolt View Post
    So funny/sad I had to share the link.
    You and 99 others apparently.

Rift Disciple

I like that the recomended story below that one was Area 51...

also, Fox news is ******ed, its like the WWF of news.

(Not saying it isnt happening or anything, just..Fox is ******ed)

LOL nice!!!!!
    Last edited by corrin; 05-26-2011 at 02:23 PM.

Shield of Telara

If I was in Prison and FORCED to play WoW, I would have to committ another crime while in jail, so my next punishment was execution.

Quote Originally Posted by NetherTwist View Post
    I like that the recomended story below that one was Area 51...

also, Fox news is ******ed, its like the WWF of news.

(Not saying it isnt happening or anything, just..Fox is ******ed)
    Post facts, not opinion. Fox news has never been successfully sued for false broadcasting. And it's the most watched news channel. Where does that leave MSNBC or CNN?

Take your politically driven drivel elsewhere. It doesn't belong on an MMO forum.
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Reciprocity View Post
    Post facts, not opinion. Fox news has never been successfully sued for false broadcasting. And it's the most watched news channel. Where does that leave MSNBC or CNN?

Take your politically driven drivel elsewhere. It doesn't belong on an MMO forum.

Ratings does not equal credibility. Faux News is not "fair and balanced" no matter what they advertise.

Rift Disciple

I don't see what's newsworthy about it.

Gold selling is big business? We knew that.
    Inmates of forced labour camps are forced to do labour? We knew that.
    Buying gold supports potentially unsavoury activities? We knew that.

I think the only reason this was reported at all is because some types of press have a passion for bashing both video games and China, and this just happened to be a perfect storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Erex View Post
    I don't see what's newsworthy about it.

Gold selling is big business? We knew that.
    Inmates of forced labour camps are forced to do labour? We knew that.
    Buying gold supports potentially unsavoury activities? We knew that.

I think the only reason this was reported at all is because some types of press have a passion for bashing both video games and China, and this just happened to be a perfect storm.
    How does pointing out inhumane practices in China qualify as "bashing" China?

I've nothing against video games or China. However, I do think there is a legitimate reason to publicize the fact that many of those gold sellers are, in fact, working under almost slave-labor conditions. I think the people buying the gold should be aware of what they're supporting. That awareness is not going to happen without publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Palvy View Post
    How does pointing out inhumane practices in China qualify as "bashing" China?

I've nothing against video games or China. However, I do think there is a legitimate reason to publicize the fact that many of those gold sellers are, in fact, working under almost slave-labor conditions. I think the people buying the gold should be aware of what they're supporting. That awareness is not going to happen without publicity.
    Most know what they are supporting when they buy it, but they don't care about it.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Reciprocity View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN823dUu6KA

Because not being sued means your right? In that case, your a female spider monkey wearing a leotard who managed to learn how to use a computer. Haz i ben su yet????
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    Warriors are on par with cleric and rogue tanking

Rift Disciple

Palvy, I made no comment on whether the negative reporting was justified or not.

I will say this, however - that witness has very little credibility. As the chinese representive who commented on the story pointed out (after offering tours of the labour camps) they don't have that many computers in those jails, and they're certainly not going to allow inmates unfettered access to the outside world. The anonymous ex-convict's story doesn't sound right, either: 12 hour shifts after a full day's regular work? The inmates would never sleep. Even a very cruel taskmaster understands that his workers need rest. I'm unconvinced.

But even if I were convinced, I still don't see the great shock or revelation. It's not hard to imagine that chinese prison guards might use force on unco-operative inmates, and plenty of western countries use prison labout for profit, particularly the USA.
    Last edited by Erex; 05-26-2011 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DJTimeKiller View Post
    Most know what they are supporting when they buy it, but they don't care about it.
    I'd say those buying gold have plenty of issues besides the fact that they just don't care about Chinese workers.

Quote Originally Posted by Athera View Post
    Ratings does not equal credibility. Faux News is not "fair and balanced" no matter what they advertise.
    Yeah, ask Dan Rather and Eric Terkewitz from CBS and the New York Times about that.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast