Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: @ people who buy gold a story of where some of it comes from

Default @ people who buy gold a story of where some of it comes from

This is a story i ran across on techmeme about china labor camps forcing prisoners to farm 12+ hours a day.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...et-gaming-scam

and this isnt counting all of the hacked accounts that have been cleaned out also.

I can think of many worse things happening to someone in prison than being made to play an mmo.

Sorry, not that big of a sob story to me.
    <Imagine Sweet Sig Here>

Quote Originally Posted by mordd View Post
    This is a story i ran across on techmeme about china labor camps forcing prisoners to farm 12+ hours a day.

and this isnt counting all of the hacked accounts that have been cleaned out also.
    you know in america they "force" prisoners to walk along the side of the road and pickup trash for 12+ hours a day in 100 degree heat with shotguns pointed at them

china sounds cushy

Telaran

breaking rocks for 8h then playing wow for 12h doesnt seem that much fun or easier then picking up highway trash

Plane Touched

wait.. so they are in jail and they get to play computer games all day? doesn't sound like much of a punishment to me..

The article paints a picture like they are all slaves. However these are prisoners and not slaves. I don't buy gold but I'm sure that people who do won't care about this.

Ascendant

Default Ummm...

I'd have a bit more faith in that article if it wasn't posted in the guardian......

Shadowlander

Really?! You people make me sick. Either you only read the headline or your a extremely jaded individual to not feel sick about the horrible persecution of these individuals.

The guy was arrested for trying to stop government corruption, put in jail and forced to dig ditches all day, and farm gold all night only to be beaten with pvc piping if he failed to meet his daily quota. All the while living in conditions which would make an American prison look like a resort.

The day the average person feels no sympathy for a individual in such a horrid situation is the day I lose my faith in humanity as a whole.
    Last edited by Sazio; 05-25-2011 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sazio View Post
    Really?! You people make me sick. Either you only read the headline or your a extremely jaded individual to not feel sick about the horrible persecution of these individuals.

The guy was arrested for trying to stop government corruption, put in jail and forced to dig ditches all day, and farm gold all night only to be beaten with pvc piping if he failed to meet his daily quota. All the while living in conditions which would make an American prison look like a resort.

The day the average person feels no sympathy for a person in such a horrid situation is the day I lose my faith ik humanity as a whole.
    thats what he said he was arrested for, just like 99% of people in american jails say they are innocent.

This was also designed as a labor camp, that was the entire intent of anyone who went there. And they stayed in dorms, not even cells.
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 05-25-2011 at 09:25 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    thats what he said he was arrested for, just like 99% of people in american jails say they are innocent

I live in asia ,
    You have zero idea what it is like here. The amount of corruption and abuse of human rights is paralleled by few places in the world.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Sazio View Post
    I live in asia ,
    You have zero idea what it is like here. The amount of corruption and abuse of human rights is paralleled by few places in the world.
    Someone will say, "Deal with it. America #1." or something, you'll have to learn to just ignore people on the internet like I have.

Soulwalker

It shouldn't matter what any of them did. They're human beings. Have you no empathy whatsoever?

Telaran

Logged in to chime in and say... inb4L

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by searion View Post
    Someone will say, "Deal with it. America #1." or something, you'll have to learn to just ignore people on the internet like I have.
    You're right. It just saddens me that the majority of the responses to this article have so callous and spiteful. (#`皿)

You know the guardian is little more than a tabloid right?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast