Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: @ people who buy gold a story of where some of it comes from

who cares about criminals...................
    cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by tyrranis View Post
    who cares about criminals...................
    Nice attitude there.

Let me tell you a story. When I was a child, some ******* broke into our house and pretty much wrecked the place. My father found out who it was and confronted him. Nothing ever came of it, and we eventually got everything settled.

However, had my father actually hit the guy or whatever, he would have went to jail. Do you think, since he defended everything he has ever worked for, that he is a criminal?

There a lot of people in jail for the most mundane crap, while people with DUI and stuff walk the streets. This world is unjust and unfair. To label all people who are in prison criminals that deserve no rights? You're worse then most of the people in there.

Empathy goes a long way, and makes you a better person. Might not want to keep going down the road your on and becoming a sociopath.

Quote Originally Posted by neodevileet View Post
    breaking rocks for 8h then playing wow for 12h doesnt seem that much fun or easier then picking up highway trash
    Would you rather break rocks for 20 hours?

Havus - 50 warrior - Gnarlwood
    Stark - 50 Rogue - Asphodel

Shadowlander

I'm surprised no one has posted a link to the gold farmers who make a living article. To the chinese that do it, it's not forced labor. They live there. They eat there. They make more than they would if they had to work in a factory or a mine. To them, it's just work. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho5Yxe6UVv4 http://www.juliandibbell.com/texts/goldfarmers.html

Forced labor or a sweatshop type of life style? You judge. But it's nothing new for them.

This thread should be closed. It is political and has the potential to become hateful. I myself am feeling nauseated by some of the responses here.

Please close this thread.
    "Almost everything you do will seem insignificant, but it is important that you do it" - Ghandi

Plane Touched

Better than making ipods all day by hand which is what 450,000 people do at the foxconn plant.

Shadowlander

Why would anyone buy gold when you can buy platinum?

Plane Walker

The bigger story, to me, is what he was imprisoned for.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Sirhealsalot View Post
    The bigger story, to me, is what he was imprisoned for.
    Apparently most people here have no clue what the Chinese government is like. They think this guy is a criminal when he was a victim of a corrupt government that's been exploiting the populace for decades while not allowing access to free speech and global news. Cool!

This story isn't shocking in the least to me. They'll do anything to keep their economy going, and gaming is a huge industry. They literally have so many prisoners they have invented mobile execution buses that drive from prison to prison, sounds like a great labor source to me. He did it at

Here's a question, would this article make you think twice before harassing/interfering with a gold farmer? My smart *** running around tagging his bot's mobs could, according to this, get a guy on the other side of the world beaten.

(PS. Farmers still break the economy, like the guy doing it or not...)
    Last edited by FuseAQM; 05-26-2011 at 12:58 AM.

If the squeaky wheel's always gettin' the grease,
    I'm totally devoted to disturbing the peace.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by FuseAQM View Post
    Apparently most people here have no clue what the Chinese government is like. They think this guy is a criminal when he was a victim of a corrupt government that's been exploiting the populace for decades while not allowing access to free speech and global news. Cool!
    Very interesting. Before I moved to the United States, I spent the first 24 years of my life living in the Pudong district of Shanghai. What part of China are you from?
    Last edited by Sirhealsalot; 05-26-2011 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    thats what he said he was arrested for, just like 99% of people in american jails say they are innocent.

This was also designed as a labor camp, that was the entire intent of anyone who went there. And they stayed in dorms, not even cells.
    Listen to fellow capitalist pig! This man was dangerous terrorist who said many false things about Glorious People's Republic of China!
    Last edited by Lmaoboat; 05-26-2011 at 01:09 AM.

Fat, young rich kids know everything about the world. Didnt you all know that?

Server: Now at Laethys (Was: Estrael)
    Toon: FrozenBlood
    Class: warrior - Raid Tank - (G)
    Guild: --

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Sirhealsalot View Post
    Very interesting. Before I moved to the United States, I spent the first 24 years of my life living in the Pudong district of Shanghai. What part of China are you from?
    Thankfully I'm not from China. This means news and information isn't censored.
    Isn't Pudong one of the richest parts of China? Congrats on moving to the States, something most of the people from your country could never dream of doing.

Try visiting one of these families:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPILhiTJv7E
    Last edited by FuseAQM; 05-26-2011 at 01:21 AM.

If the squeaky wheel's always gettin' the grease,
    I'm totally devoted to disturbing the peace.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy69x View Post
    I can think of many worse things happening to someone in prison than being made to play an mmo.

Sorry, not that big of a sob story to me.
    Heh, just what I was thinking. "YOU! yeah you! Stop digging that ditch in 95 degree weather and come inside and play this videogame for me!"

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Haptiic View Post
    wait.. so they are in jail and they get to play computer games all day? doesn't sound like much of a punishment to me..
    That's because you're stupid.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast