+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30

Thread: Those with PhDs, Master's degrees, professional degrees

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    44

    Default Those with PhDs, Master's degrees, professional degrees

    Transfer/reroll on Briarcliff and message me. Sick of playing with unemployeds.

    Rextelarorum
    Last edited by Rex Terrae; 05-20-2011 at 06:35 AM.

  2. #2
    Ascendant the_real_seebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    16,859

    Default

    What's wrong with "unemployeds"? I have a job and a degree and stuff, but some of the people I most enjoy hanging out with don't. (Trivia point: Federal disability money isn't enough to really pay for an MMO, but if a friend buys you a sub you don't have much else to do some days...)
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

  3. #3
    Prophet of Telara Sarablu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Terrae View Post
    Transfer/reroll on Briarcliff and message me. Sick of playing with unemployeds.

    Rextelarorum
    Not certain that having a secondary education degrees is evidence of employment. There are a lot of people that turn into "professional students" chasing higher degrees.

    And those that are employed, I suspect, have less free time to spend in Rift - whether they're a grade school dropout or an Architect.
    Cogito Ergo Femina Sum

  4. #4
    General of Telara I Fear Kittens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    LOST In translation
    Posts
    903

    Default

    I guess I qualify:

    PhD (gaming) from SCU*

    I'll be seeing you soon Rex once Trion gets the server pop/transfer issue out of the way.

    Much love (hugs and kisses),

    [CENTER]-Phearstunr[/CENTER

    *Street Corner University-Denver
    Last edited by Walsingham; 05-20-2011 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Edited per Op Request
    "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall piss you off." Norse Proverb
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    When it's ready...... You wouldn't want it released before it was ready, right? And you wouldn't want us to hold it back after it was ready, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollolololol View Post
    I am honored to have made your /ignore list

  5. #5
    General of Telara I Fear Kittens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    LOST In translation
    Posts
    903

    Thumbs down Stupid editing timer!!!

    Edit*

    Much love, Hugs and Kisses,

    -Phearsome



    (*sidenote* and who ever took the name Phear i will be petitioning for you te get a name change)

    There can be only one Phear and I'm the OG

    *giggles*
    Last edited by I Fear Kittens; 05-20-2011 at 07:24 AM.
    "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall piss you off." Norse Proverb
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    When it's ready...... You wouldn't want it released before it was ready, right? And you wouldn't want us to hold it back after it was ready, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollolololol View Post
    I am honored to have made your /ignore list

  6. #6
    Plane Walker Urtha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A deep woods log cabin
    Posts
    411

    Default

    So if I state here that I have a degree, that means it must be true? That also means that I can hang out with a bunch of people that want to play together because they don't want to play with "unemployeds?" What the hell is an "unemployeds" anyway? Is your degree in making up new words?

    While we are on the subject, you are now one of the unemployed.

    You were supposed to be washing my vehicles, they're quite dusty and I don't have time to employ someone with your work ethic and dreams of creating your own language.

  7. #7
    General of Telara I Fear Kittens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    LOST In translation
    Posts
    903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Urtha View Post
    ......

    You were supposed to be washing my vehicles,
    you forgot to mention 'flying' the carboard sign

    http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/a...ss-coder-1.jpg
    Last edited by I Fear Kittens; 05-20-2011 at 07:58 AM.
    "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall piss you off." Norse Proverb
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    When it's ready...... You wouldn't want it released before it was ready, right? And you wouldn't want us to hold it back after it was ready, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollolololol View Post
    I am honored to have made your /ignore list

  8. #8
    Telaran Helvetica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Do you think that every person that's unemployed right now is dumb or uneducated? Are you aware of the fact that this whole country is in the midst of an economic crisis?

  9. #9
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Helvetica View Post
    Do you think that every person that's unemployed right now is dumb or uneducated? Are you aware of the fact that this whole country is in the midst of an economic crisis?
    QFT

    It'll take up more space to write up a formal 2 column proof, but simply: fast food crew workers mostly don't have a higher education, yet they are employed. I know 2 people that have a bachelor's degree that are not working.

    The blatant obviousness of this truth leads me to believe that this is our OP.

  10. #10
    Prophet of Telara Friar Tuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,089

    Default

    The 'unemployeds' you're seeing are all the people with degrees in Maths and Astrophysics who didn't run off to space with Zaphod Beeblebrox.



    "Well, with one degree in maths and another in astrophysics, it was either that or back to the dole queue on Monday."
    My shiny carapace is cracked. I should have never left the sea. Krugon.

  11. #11
    Sword of Telara Palvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Terrae View Post
    Transfer/reroll on Briarcliff and message me. Sick of playing with unemployeds.

    Rextelarorum
    Sorry, I'm not going to transfer just to talk to someone who wants to talk to someone with a high level degree.

    You probably have a few with advanced degrees on Briarcliff already, they just don't talk about it.

  12. #12
    Shield of Telara Ferathka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Helvetica View Post
    Do you think that every person that's unemployed right now is dumb or uneducated? Are you aware of the fact that this whole country is in the midst of an economic crisis?
    Apparantly this guy thinks that having a degree of some sort makes you entitled to something. The country is a major mess thanks to 8 years of moronic management by Bushy boy. Just because someone is unemployed does not make them dumb etc. You sir sound like the uneducated dumb one.
    Stupid People P*** Me Off

  13. #13
    Rift Chaser Syndacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    320

    Default

    College drop out here....just saying....I don't have a degree, but I betcha I make more money than OP and still have flexible hours to play with my friends.
    Total Artifact Collection turn-ins: 182/300


    Co-Leader of Sanatorium on Millrush.
    KoS: Chaotic Destiny and General Goods

  14. #14
    Plane Touched Nikovdh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Corona, CA
    Posts
    237

    Default

    What about the people who started to experience suffering and disability before they got an adequate chance at a stable adult life and experience high levels of stress everyday because of it? Oops, I guess they are not worth playing with.

    Until it happens to you, I guess you don't understand completely.

    Peace, love, health and happiness for all humans~
    Last edited by Nikovdh; 05-22-2011 at 06:52 AM.
    SEPTIMA of <BottomLine> on Millrush

  15. #15
    Ascendant the_real_seebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    16,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikovdh View Post
    What about the people who started to experience suffering and disability before they got an adequate chance at a stable adult life and experience high levels of stress everyday because of it? Oops, I guess they are not worth playing with.
    You know, it's funny you say that, because two of my favoritest MMO players have exactly that problem. No likelihood of ever being able to hold a stable job, might some day get stable enough to basically be able to live on their own... But smart, adaptable, and great to hang out with.

    I'm biased, though, I'm autistic enough to understand how having to talk face-to-face with people could be too stressful to bear for any length of time. I might not be able to hold down a job if I couldn't telecommute. (As is, I'm doing fine.)
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts