+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EPIC VERSUS: James Bond v. Jason Bourne

Soulwalker

Default EPIC VERSUS: James Bond v. Jason Bourne

Who would win in an all out brawl with an entire city as the arena?

Now before you say it, no Bond can't have his gadgets.

The scenario is as follows: both men are dropped into a city with nothing but the shirts on their back (or stylish suit in Bond's case). Their job is to find the other guy and eliminate him in whatever way possible.

Both are going at it alone. Bond doesn't get the help of MI6, and Bourne doesn't get the help of some random foreigner with a Mini.

Any argument must be backed up with a thorough explanation as to your logic, because this is important!

Round 1

FIGHT!

Rift Disciple

I think Jason Bourne would win, he's portrayed as being a consumate master at hand-to-hand combat. Bond's a good fighter, but his skills in combat don't tend to be pumped up to the same level in order to retain more of a sense of cloak-and-dagger style risk. Bond's also not down the clean living thing, and he's got a light build, and is quite likely to be older, depending on when in the chronology of either character you bring them in. I suspect Bond would have much more of an edge in a match involving a social component, but in a deathmatch style situation such as this, I'd have to give it to Bourne.
    Last edited by Erex; 05-19-2011 at 11:18 PM.

For any social gathering or aspect, Bond would win. Hands down.

In a deathmatch, however, Bourne would whupp Bond so bad it would hurt just thinking about it.
    "Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea."

Jason Bourne, in a landslide.
    Fare thee well
    Let your life proceed by its own design
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine.

Soulwalker

While you say his own tech gadgets are off-limits, you never said nothing else in any possible environment is off-limits. So long as James Bond has access to anything, he'll win. I like Jason Bourne better (except for Sean Connery's James Bond portrayal); however, James Bond knows how to utilize his environment better while deceiving the enemy (and there is nothing more important for victory than deception and utilization).
    CPU: Intel i7-920 2.67GHz
    GFX: MSI Nvidia Geforce NGTX480
    MOBO: EVGA FTW3 x58 Edition
    RAM: 3x2GB Corsair Dominator 1600MHz
    HDD: 2x1TB Samsung F3 7200RPM HDD
    Opt.Drive: Pioneer Blu-Ray Burner
    PSU: XFX 850w
    Casing: XCLIO Windtunnel

Ascendant

Epic battles you wanna see:

Godzilla vs. King Kong
    Darth Vader vs. Captain Kirk (or Picard to make it more Challenging
    Alsbeth vs. The Lich King ^^
    Spiderman vs. Superman
    Fantastic 4 vs. the X-men crew
    Dracula vs. Alice

more?

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    Epic battles you wanna see:

Godzilla vs. King Kong
    Darth Vader vs. Captain Kirk (or Picard to make it more Challenging
    Alsbeth vs. The Lich King ^^
    Spiderman vs. Superman
    Fantastic 4 vs. the X-men crew
    Dracula vs. Alice

more?
    Godzilla vs King Kong... hmm. I'd pay to see that. Some good ol' destruction and mayhem. Tossing buildings back and forth. Could be fun!

Alsbeth vs Lich King. I'd say LK has this one in the bag. Alsbeth never really stood out as a bad seed.

Spiderman vs Superman? Really?
    "Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea."

+ Reply to Thread