+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Pizza vs. Wings

Default Pizza vs. Wings

Which is better? Which is better with bear or soda?

I like Dominos fiery hawaiian pizza with Coke or Dr. Pepper. I like Buffalo Wild wings parmesan garlic wings with a 20z Coors Light draft.

Got the munchies yet?

Quote Originally Posted by blackweb View Post
    Which is better? Which is better with bear or soda?

I like Dominos fiery hawaiian pizza with Coke or Dr. Pepper. I like Buffalo Wild wings parmesan garlic wings with a 20z Coors Light draft.

Got the munchies yet?
    See you in the off-topic forum!

/wave Walsingham

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by blackweb View Post
    Which is better with bear or soda?
    If I were to eat with a bear, I think I'd go with pizza.

P v W:
    Pizza. While you can make a widely diverse flavor of wing, each wing is pretty much its own man. Pizza lets you get a lot of complexity into a single food. Also, wings usually have bones that you have to clean up. Ugh. work.

B v S:
    Soda with meals. Beer as a meal. Unless you meant Bear and then beer with bear.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

Pizza
    Beer (Guinness)
    Pie (Cheesecake)
    Ninjas
    Chuck Norris
    That is all.

If I was hungry, pizza. If I wanted to fly, wings

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

Funny, was talking about doing wings for lunch today...

So I'm going to say Wings. Why?

Consistency. I can get good wings (some are way better than other still) anywhere in the country. Good pizza is difficult to find, and while I'll settle for Dominos I loathe to put it in the same category as "real pizza." (They actually have pretty decent wings though)

For me, nothing beats real NYC style pizza. The best pizza I've had outside of NY, NJ, and CT is about the average of what I could get at any mom & pop place in the tri-state.

As for Soda or Beer? Give me a good lager/ale if it's spicy and an IPA if it's not.

Cheers
    Last edited by Elrar; 05-19-2011 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post

Consistency. I can get good wings (some are way better than other still) anywhere in the country. Good pizza is difficult to find, and while I'll settle for Dominos I loathe to put it in the same category as "real pizza." (They actually have pretty decent wings though)

For me, nothing beats real NYC style pizza. The best pizza I've had outside of NY, NJ, and CT is about the average of what I could get at any mom & pop place in the tri-state.

As for Soda or Beer? Give me a good lager/ale if it's spicy and an IPA if it's not.

Cheers
    While I love good wings, even the same place has variable quality. Mostly I hate getting the last of a batch, when they are shrunken, dried out, and the 'meat' is tooth breakingly hard.
    For me pizza is nearly ambrosia, I'll eat even the bad stuff... well almost. Once at a convention we ordered 2 dozen pies, the next morning we threw out half of it, 3000 attendees and they couldn't be even forced to eat it...

Domino's & Pizza Hut fall into the category of stomach fillers, not pizza.
    I have yet to have a pizza in the NY area, but what they sell here in Minneapolis as "New York Style" while better than those two, is mediocre at best.
    If you are ever in the area, check out Davanni's for deep dish, and Carbonne's for thin crust. Both local chains are a treat for the taste buds.

Wings.

Dumbass.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post

Cheers
    Sometimes Dominos is the best pizza you can get in certain areas... I live in NY and I'll always get pizza from a local pizzaria, but if I'm out of state, some of the local stuff can be really, reallycrappy. Dominos wings are _always_ a great idea though, unless you're in Buffalo in which case, Anchor Bar all the way baby.
    Last edited by Tassels; 05-19-2011 at 05:23 PM.

wings

on wednesdays

Quote Originally Posted by CyclopsSlayer View Post
    While I love good wings, even the same place has variable quality. Mostly I hate getting the last of a batch, when they are shrunken, dried out, and the 'meat' is tooth breakingly hard.
    For me pizza is nearly ambrosia, I'll eat even the bad stuff... well almost. Once at a convention we ordered 2 dozen pies, the next morning we threw out half of it, 3000 attendees and they couldn't be even forced to eat it...

Domino's & Pizza Hut fall into the category of stomach fillers, not pizza.
    I have yet to have a pizza in the NY area, but what they sell here in Minneapolis as "New York Style" while better than those two, is mediocre at best.
    If you are ever in the area, check out Davanni's for deep dish, and Carbonne's for thin crust. Both local chains are a treat for the taste buds.
    Bah Broadway > Carbone's. Also while Green Mill tries very hard they are NOT a Chicago style pizza, but I still eat there because a pizza 3 inches thick is still a darn good pizza. I have had pizza all over the place and Chicago pizza is still one of my favorites.

Had wings last night, Buffalo Wild Wings and Weck, the one poster who said its variable is right, sometimes you get a good well mixed up batch and sometimes you get a slap dash in and out of the bowl barely covered batch

Soda always, I never got a taste for the beers, even after 2 years in Germany.
    Last edited by Rukagaku; 05-20-2011 at 07:42 AM.

Chichago style deep dish pizza is really more of a casserole than a pizza.
    Existenz@Lotham
    <Excess>

I like both.

But I like pizza more. YAY PIZZA!
    Fare thee well
    Let your life proceed by its own design
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine.

Telaran

A pizza with wings!

You don't need a deliveryman anymore and you can eat the wings too!
    I was once on a vegetarian diet, I quit though. Turns out Vegetarians are harder to catch and kill than cows and the meat is too stringy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast