Closed Thread

Thread: Its my Duty as a Gamer to Inform you all.

Default Its my Duty as a Gamer to Inform you all.

To inform you that Age of Conan, three years later, is a friggen amazing game. I was one of those people back in 2008 that was totally let down by Funcom's (Failcom as I called them) early release of a game that needed so much work. Well, I recently went back after Godslayer expansion and the new Dream engine update (like 2 months ago) that completely revitalized my interest in AOC.

Here are the biggest things I've noticed so far:

1) Better pvp balance with a large CC revamp recently
    2) Smooth FPS on max settings with real DX11 fx/support (new engine looks amazing)
    3) Never ran out of quests or content all the way to 80
    4) Its fun after Tortage, unlike before.
    5) Their new expansion zone faction system was totally revamped to be much more accessible.
    6) The AA system is skill or time-based (kinda like EVE offline leveling)
    7) PVP is better than ever (well this was always one of the best parts of AOC)
    8) New minigames and matching system
    9) Solo level 80 instances and new raids
    10) Lot of new people coming back every day (newbie zones have tons running around)

Endless trial : http://www.ageofconan.com/trial

Anyways, I have subs to both Rift and AOC. I play Rift for PVE stuff and because my guild that I love is here, and when I want to have PVP fun and really explore a deep and engaging world I go to AOC. It was worth the monthly sub. But anyways, I'm pretty sure a LOT of you have bought AOC (it sold over 1,000,000 copies) so its worth another look.

Yes, and I am here to inform you that Dark and Light has also improved and is worth subbing for......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Yea yea, just download the free trial and see what I'm talking about. Then come back here and joke around.

Rift Disciple

I'll have to try it when I get home, not like I am leaving this game or anything.
    <Ethereal Order> - Guardian Guild - Corthana Shard.
    http://www.etherealorder.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dwadili View Post
    I'll have to try it when I get home, not like I am leaving this game or anything.
    Well thats what I mean. I'm not leaving Rift, either, but when I get bored of it (and I do) I play AOC.

Rift Disciple

It is unfortunate that there are so many good games on the market these days and that's not even limited to MMOs. I barely have time to play the single player and console games I want let alone the MMOs. Although I do encourage people to play any MMO that interests them. At least the free trials.

I left AoC for two main reasons.

Firstly, my rig at the time could barely handle it! I was really diggin' the game itself, but my computer just couldn't hack it. If I was in...that starter town...tortage?...with the graphics on max, the game looked absolutely beautiful. As soon as I stepped outside though, I had to kick everything all the way down just to get ~25 FPS. Like I said, my comp sucked lol.

THEY GOT RID OF THE BOOBS! What the frack? AoC was supposed to be an adult game, but too many people complained that if a female ran around armor-less, they were topless underneath. HELLO, this is CONAN we're talking about! Barbarians and such! SHEESH! I personally do not run around with my boobs hanging out all the time (though I doubt anyone would complain) but I do think it fit the AoC theme extremely well. No, I did not ogle my characters boobs all day, although I'm sure some people did, but it was nice to know they were there. I seriously canceled my account when this happened ><

Quote Originally Posted by corrin View Post
    I left AoC for two main reasons.

Firstly, my rig at the time could barely handle it! I was really diggin' the game itself, but my computer just couldn't hack it. If I was in...that starter town...tortage?...with the graphics on max, the game looked absolutely beautiful. As soon as I stepped outside though, I had to kick everything all the way down just to get ~25 FPS. Like I said, my comp sucked lol.

THEY GOT RID OF THE BOOBS! What the frack? AoC was supposed to be an adult game, but too many people complained that if a female ran around armor-less, they were topless underneath. HELLO, this is CONAN we're talking about! Barbarians and such! SHEESH! I personally do not run around with my boobs hanging out all the time (though I doubt anyone would complain) but I do think it fit the AoC theme extremely well. No, I did not ogle my characters boobs all day, although I'm sure some people did, but it was nice to know they were there. I seriously canceled my account when this happened ><
    LOL what are you talking about mate? The boobs are still there, all over! Boobs boobs boobs! Maybe they got rid of it but its back.

Thread closing in 3.. 2.. 1..
    CPU: i7-2600k @ 4.5 Ghz | GPU: GeForce 560 GTX Ti | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz 7-9-7-24 | OS: Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Hi folks,

We've closed this thread. We do appreciate that we're all gamers here and many of us play multiple games, but these are the official RIFT forums. As such, we ask that you please respect that these forums are primarily for discussion of RIFT, and we do not allow promotion or advertisement of other games on our forums.

Thanks!

Closed Thread