+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which game lags the least. 'WoW or 'Rift'

Soulwalker

Cool Which game lags the least. 'WoW or 'Rift'

??????????

That depends on if you're actually talking about LAG, as in your connection to the game, or if you're getting it confused with FPS loss.

If you're talking about real lag, that is entirely based on your connection to the game's server, and if you base your like or dislike of a game simply because you have a shoddy connection...well, all I can say is, I'm glad I don't play games based on your opinion.

If you're talking about FPS loss, that has a lot to do with your computer and the game's engine. Even on the godly computer I have, I can't get more than 30 FPS running around SW when it's packed. Rift, on the other hand, even in a packed Sanctum, I never dip below 50. But it's completely hardware-dependent, my laptop with it's extremely outdated hardware and shared video card can run both Rift and WoW at around 30 FPS in non-populated places. Some computers can handle it, some can't.

Quote Originally Posted by corrin View Post
    If you're talking about FPS loss, that has a lot to do with your computer and the game's engine. Even on the godly computer I have, I can't get more than 30 FPS running around SW when it's packed. Rift, on the other hand, even in a packed Sanctum, I never dip below 50. But it's completely hardware-dependent, my laptop with it's extremely outdated hardware and shared video card can run both Rift and WoW at around 30 FPS in non-populated places. Some computers can handle it, some can't.
    One thing I noticed with Rift is that it doesn't always load everything like WoW does. When running around in extremely populated areas, sometimes I will see wandering heads/hands where as I never just see parts of people in WoW.

WoW seems a lot less system intensive though. I play WoW on max settings and never lag where as I have to have Rift on "High" graphics in order to not lag. Rift high graphics are still superior to WoWs max graphics though, so the trade off is fine imo.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by corrin View Post
    That depends on if you're actually talking about LAG, as in your connection to
    True, sometimes my screen just freeze for a couple of secs. But never had this on my main computer. Still the graphics are amazing. So i rather have a little lag or FPS drops sometimes then watching too ugly graphics.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by vanillaunit View Post
    ??????????
    Gratz, you've posted probably the most worthless question I've seen round here yet.

General of Telara I Fear Kittens's Avatar

??????????
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
    Gratz, you've posted probably the most worthless question I've seen round here yet.

another /failattempt at compairing RIFT to that ''other game''
    Last edited by I Fear Kittens; 05-19-2011 at 05:51 AM.
    "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall piss you off." Norse Proverb
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    When it's ready...... You wouldn't want it released before it was ready, right? And you wouldn't want us to hold it back after it was ready, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollolololol View Post
    I am honored to have made your /ignore list

I never experienced lag in Rift for now, while I experienced it in WoW (specially at patch days). As of resource needs, I can run WoW on full graphics at around 200 FPS, in RIFT with ultra settings at around 50 FPS (even if I don't remember if I applied AA filters to WoW... I'll never know).
    CPU: i7-2600k @ 4.5 Ghz | GPU: GeForce 560 GTX Ti | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz 7-9-7-24 | OS: Windows 7 Pro 64bit

??????????
    Neither. Age of Conan lags the least now since latest game engine release.

+ Reply to Thread