+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Blizz to release new Sub model, Trion's chance to shine!

Default Blizz to release new Sub model, Trion's chance to shine!

So Blizzard has announced a new LFD feature allowing for Real ID friends to group cross server for dungeons. This service, as stated here will be part of the new "premium" subscription model that is an addition to the monthly sub. Some of their community is so blinded by the over polished turd that they are actually defending Blizzard in this. Now instead of a fight between the so called "bads" ( I swear I hate that term), "casuals" and "hardcores"; now its a battle between the wealthy and poor.

rofl...

Its Trion's time to shine by breaking the mold and showing the MMO communities that money isn't everything and innovations are the key to success.

Hopefully Trion is enjoying their game and will continue to lead the way in providing a quality product and quality MMORPG team that will leave the competitors wondering what happened to their subscribers as their once fat bank accounts begin to dwindle to nothing.
    Day gives way to night on the storefront mannequins, the audience with Mona Lisa grins.
    Moonlight builds emotion as the players scuttle in.
    Pull the curtain back and let the show begin....

no offence gets ready with the 'locked' thread already

hopefully they are now looking at blizzard to see the things they should NOT do. i'm all for merchandise but i think the pet/mount store was the beginning of the end. if i'm playing a game its much more enjoyable for me to earn those pets/mounts in game instead of earning them by going to work and making the dough to purchase them... this coming from someone who did in fact by several of the online store pets. people don't like feeling taking advantage of and whether or not blizzard realized this is how it would come across i am not sure but it sure seems like people felt rubbed in very inappropriate ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Ndangerdfevr View Post
    hopefully they are now looking at blizzard to see the things they should NOT do. i'm all for merchandise but i think the pet/mount store was the beginning of the end. if i'm playing a game its much more enjoyable for me to earn those pets/mounts in game instead of earning them by going to work and making the dough to purchase them... this coming from someone who did in fact by several of the online store pets. people don't like feeling taking advantage of and whether or not blizzard realized this is how it would come across i am not sure but it sure seems like people felt rubbed in very inappropriate ways.
    Well fluff features bought with real money, eh if Trion adopts that it wouldn't bother me. But if Trion ever adopted something that was going to give one player an advantage over another, Id be gone in a heartbeat. Luckily greed is something that comes with time and Trion is still in "for the people" mode and I really hope they continue with that. In the current market you can stand to be pretty successful when the **** hits the fan by keeping it "real" or so to speak. There's always a breaking point, people will only take it up the rear for so long. As the word gets out on how much Trion has already done and the fact that they actually do listen and respond, more and more people will want to spend their money where its actually wanted. Trions dynamic content system is going to be huge in the coming years and if they continue to get subs to fuel the developments who knows where they can take it. But never forget where you come from Trion =)
    Day gives way to night on the storefront mannequins, the audience with Mona Lisa grins.

Wow....charging to play with friends cross server.

I could have sworn Blizzard was all about getting people to play with friends and such, but they charge for everything that blocks people playing with friends.

Blizzard is slowly killing itself.
    With Faith and Fury I fight on.

I don't care what you think about what WoW's doing and I care even less about which you think is the better game.

If I wanted to read about WoW i'd go read a WoW site, keep this crap off my Rift forums ok thanks.

Blizzard is amazing as a game developer, I will give them that. However, ever since they merged with Craptivision, they have nickel and dimed people to death.

Trion (thus far) has much better customer service, subscription models and overall support AND THEY ARE NEW TO MMOs.

Kudos Trion, thanks for doing what you do and making an enjoyable game.
    Last edited by Mistria; 05-18-2011 at 09:30 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ndangerdfevr View Post
    hopefully they are now looking at blizzard to see the things they should NOT do.
    LOL

The forum hate for WoW is hilarious.

WoW is still the most successful MMO. It's still the game Rift has to COMPETE with.

If the developers have any brains, they don't blindly "look at blizzard to see things they should NOT do." In fact, they should look at Blizzard for many things they SHOULD do.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Well fluff features bought with real money, eh if Trion adopts that it wouldn't bother me. But if Trion ever adopted something that was going to give one player an advantage over another, Id be gone in a heartbeat.
    You just described why I quit Champions Online the day it went "F2P" (farming bad/new/poorly-equipped F2P players in their version of warfronts isn't fun at all, and charging players for features that'll make them competitive isn't right either).

And if I stuck with Warhammer Online long enough, I would have quit the day they released their ridiculous "RVR Packs" as well.

Luckily greed is something that comes with time and Trion is still in "for the people" mode and I really hope they continue with that. In the current market you can stand to be pretty successful when the **** hits the fan by keeping it "real" or so to speak. There's always a breaking point, people will only take it up the rear for so long. As the word gets out on how much Trion has already done and the fact that they actually do listen and respond, more and more people will want to spend their money where its actually wanted. Trions dynamic content system is going to be huge in the coming years and if they continue to get subs to fuel the developments who knows where they can take it. But never forget where you come from Trion =)
    Agree 100%
    Last edited by Jothan; 05-18-2011 at 09:33 AM.

Blizzard is slowly killing itself.
    You are so right, 150+ million from subscription fees per month is the first sign of imminent death.

You have two brain cells left and they are arguing with each other. Or possilby just one and he's arguing with himself in a mirror.
    Last edited by Diay; 05-18-2011 at 09:32 AM.

Oh boy! You mean I get to pay more AND have my personal information out there for the world to see? Sign me back up!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

Rift Disciple

This begs the question... if the are your RL friends, why are they playing on different servers than you?

It's like hey Joe, I play this game called WoW, you want to play to? Sure! Okay, roll a new toon on some distant server so that we can use the LFG tool to play together.

Quote Originally Posted by Diay View Post
    I don't care what you think about what WoW's doing and I care even less about which you think is the better game.

If I wanted to read about WoW i'd go read a WoW site, keep this crap off my Rift forums ok thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diay View Post
    You are so right, 150+ million from subscription fees per month is the first sign of imminent death.

You have two brain cells left and they are arguing with each other. Or possilby just one and he's arguing with himself in a mirror.
    For someone who doesnt care, you sure seem to keep coming back to this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    For someone who doesnt care, you sure seem to keep coming back to this thread...
    It's lunch time and i'm bored, I also love to make fun of the things stupid people say. Anytime WoW is brought up on a game forum that is not the WoW forums a goldmine of stupidity is soon to follow.
    Last edited by Diay; 05-18-2011 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanay View Post
    This begs the question... if the are your RL friends, why are they playing on different servers than you?

It's like hey Joe, I play this game called WoW, you want to play to? Sure! Okay, roll a new toon on some distant server so that we can use the LFG tool to play together.
    Well I have this issue with most games, I like to play PvP servers most of my friends dont. So a feature like this is highly advantages.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast