+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: EQ Next

Default EQ Next

Now it's official: Massively Article Looks like very early stages.

interestingly enough they have said they are building PVP from the ground up in this one. though it will be more true to the roots of EQ1 (again from what i have heard)

WTB the above item .... mine broke

Plane Touched

I will not trust any pre-release footage of an SOE game. Not after the crap they pulled with EQ2.

I am just not that interested in SOE stuff anymore. They disappoint too often and trust is lost. I might try their game when it is done but I certainly am not going to follow it that much unless it really starts looking promising for reason x y or z. Nice post though. Just sad for SOE.

Quote Originally Posted by Anasazi View Post
    I am just not that interested in SOE stuff anymore. They disappoint too often and trust is lost. I might try their game when it is done but I certainly am not going to follow it that much unless it really starts looking promising for reason x y or z. Nice post though. Just sad for SOE.
    after they NGE'd my favorite game I swore i would never play another game from there ... i lied i played EQ2 but thats because my wife played it.

I blame her.

No.

I guess I have to post more. So... No.

Fozzik rates this game:

Definite must miss.
    "Behind this mask, there's an idea... and ideas are bulletproof." -V for Vendetta

forums - Fozzik's Hardware
    blog - The Last Bastion

Quote Originally Posted by Fozzik View Post
    No.

I guess I have to post more. So... No.

Fozzik rates this game:

Definite must miss.
    would it entice you more if you knew at fan faire Smedley mentioned something about a server with corpse runs?

I swore I would hang up my SOE account for good, so I wrote a script to purge my drive and zero out the platters if a directory was ever created on my drive. I then installed a Sony DVD burner, I now post this from my laptop. I deserve it

Quote Originally Posted by Apoth View Post
    would it entice you more if you knew at fan faire Smedley mentioned something about a server with corpse runs?
    lol. I'm sure that will be right next to the servers with RMT built in.

For many reasons, I personally will never buy an SOE-designed or controlled game again. They can throw a couple bones in the direction of the old school crowd if they want...I think we're savvy enough at this point to know what'll happen once we get drawn in, and we'd be stupid to play that sucker's game for the 100th time.
    "Behind this mask, there's an idea... and ideas are bulletproof." -V for Vendetta

blog - The Last Bastion

Prophet of Telara

Well I got to be honest and say it has my interest.

It's Rift for me now though. I'll wait for more before I make any firm opinions.

I'm not going to let the names SOE and Smed make my mind up either.

Hmm just heard the bit about transitioning stuff from EQ and EQ2 to the next game. It's only an idea but I don't like that. It needs to be a seperate game.
    We Were The Defiant

Then Rift went Trivial and Dull

I figured they'd announce that at some point, couldn't be less interested in a game made by Sony after EQ2 lol. Wouldn't touch it with a ten foot stick.

the thing that scares me about SOE is how they change their game so drastically to fit the market, instead of just sticking with original design. I liked EQ2 when it first launched and in fact (this may shock you) i liked the shards that players dropped on death, the access quests to zones, the more group oriented feeling of the game ... just wish it had more PVP on PVE servers.

Then WoW started beating them in subs and they changed the whole game, most overland areas became soloable, questing was preferred more than grouping. Then ROK came around and that sealed it, since it was much MUCH faster to solo quest then group.

and i think every MMO players has heard about the NGE.

I understand playing the market and wanting to steal subs from other games but damn at least stick to your "vision".
    Last edited by Apoth; 08-10-2010 at 07:02 AM.

I understand playing the market and wanting to steal subs from other games but damn at least stick to your "vision".
    I heard that.

On that, sir...we most definitely agree.

blog - The Last Bastion

the thing that scares me about SOE is how they change their game so drastically to fit the market, instead of just sticking with original design. I liked EQ2 when it first launched and in fact (this may shock you) i liked the shards that players dropped on death, the access quests to zones, the more group oriented feeling of the game ... just wish it had more PVP on PVE servers.

Then WoW started beating them in subs and they changed the whole game, most overland areas became soloable, questing was preferred more than grouping. Then ROK came around and that sealed it, since it was much MUCH faster to solo quest then group.

and i think every MMO players has heard about the NGE.

Took the words right out of my mouth, Apoth... Dang you.

I share the same sentiment as a few other posters here, not interested. They took a very decent game (EQ2), Ba*dized it and dumbed it down, essentially creating a new game (over the 6 years it's been out), and because it's not doing so well another Everquest is being made?

Pfffft. Forget the not interested bit.

Not to sound overly dramatic about this, but I'm livid. Nerd rage is burning as hot as a thousand suns. Mechanics were changed six ways from Sunday, RMT is being added - Or already has if you count the fluff items in the station store, PvP is still broken, and... Oh, nevermind, all I know now is that I can no longer recommend EQ2 to people who are looking for an alternative.

Just play Wow until Rift comes out.

Krush

ps. Sorry for the negativity, it was far worse the first four times I wrote this

Its a game I will keep an eye on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast