+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Common Courtesy, a definition

Soulwalker

Default Common Courtesy, a definition

Common Courtesy: rolling need on items useful to you; rolling greed or pass on items not useful to you.

Antonym: acting butt hurt when a pugged invasion raid member rolls need on a potion, eternal planesource, etc. and you were a dumbass, abused-as-a-child, carebear who rolled greed instead.

It's quite obvious this is a response to a debate in another thread, I can't fathom why you felt you needed to make an entirely new thread for it.

0/10 Troll rejected.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    It's quite obvious this is a response to a debate in another thread, I can't fathom why you felt you needed to make an entirely new thread for it.

0/10 Troll rejected.
    Actually this is a direct response to some crap happening irt. more.

Ascendant
    Last edited by Vydor; 05-16-2011 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreossi View Post
    Common Courtesy: rolling need on items useful to you; rolling greed or pass on items not useful to you.

Antonym: acting butt hurt when a pugged invasion raid member rolls need on a potion, eternal planesource, etc. and you were a dumbass, abused-as-a-child, carebear who rolled greed instead.
    I completely disagree but I don't act "butt hurt" when some inconsiderate ******* thinks a potion is need, you should look up the definitions of common courtesy, need and greed.

Actually this is a direct response to some crap happening irt. more.
    HOLY CRAP you got potions and eternal planesources in RL? I thought they were just in game items...

Lol, I couldn't agree more.

If you're in a pug of 20 people you don't know, and something pops that you want (and will use) don't roll greed and then cry like a little brat when someone else rolls need.

This isn't even about etiquette, it's about people being stupid and then blaming someone else for their own mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Giginous View Post
    I completely disagree but I don't act "butt hurt" when some inconsiderate ******* thinks a potion is need, you should look up the definitions of common courtesy, need and greed.
    Maybe you should change the loot rule to Roll/Pass when in a pug?

Oh wait... Trion didn't bother to include that option. /fail

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    HOLY CRAP you got potions and eternal planesources in RL? I thought they were just in game items...
    Nice sarcasm-fail, "t" is intentional for time. Another common courtesy is at least being correct in your witticisms, though I'm sure many will appreciate the layers of meta-humor you're adding to this affair.
    Last edited by Walsingham; 05-16-2011 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Insult

Quote Originally Posted by Sneezer View Post

That would be handy, especially with pug groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneezer View Post

I always roll need on potions because I quite literally need potions. But I disagree with a simple "roll/pass" system. Had too many problems with that in Aion. If everyone would see that roll/pass is the same as greed/pass, then they would realize need is a way for people to get something they need even if they aren't fast enough to type it in group chat before someone rolls.

Under aion's roll/pass system:
    Something drops that is BoP and I need it. I start typing "need it", but 2 people have already rolled. I watch it get bound to someone else and proceed to my corner where I assume the fetal position and cry myself to sleep, becuase drop rates in Aion were about 1 in 1000000000000000000000000000000.

That's why NCsoft added a feature that rare loot stays tradable within the party for so many minutes, but I personally prefer the Need button that takes priority. It just makes sense.

Shadowlander

If you were using common courtesy no one would ever have a reason to get "butthurt". So if someone did get "butthurt" over your actions, then said actions clearly could not be labeled as "common courtesy", putting you firmly in the wrong.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendSaintJay View Post
    If you were using common courtesy no one would ever have a reason to get "butthurt". So if someone did get "butthurt" over your actions, then said actions clearly could not be labeled as "common courtesy", putting you firmly in the wrong.
    If common indicates average, and the average person is an idiot, it doesn't make idiocy correct.

Champion

While I do agree that rolling need on shards and pots isn't exactly a bad thing, were you attempting to do anything other than come off like a total raging ****wad with this thread of yours? Just curious.
    Last edited by Ashthra; 05-16-2011 at 01:24 PM.

The Guitar Slayer says: are we doing this with or without the mask on?
    The Guitar Slayer says: ..that came out wrong

If common indicates average, and the average person is an idiot, it doesn't make idiocy correct.
    This clears it up for me, this idiot is one of those "i am superior to all" type goons.

To help you out the average person will have well an average IQ of 100, an idiot such as yourself would be below average.
    Last edited by Giginous; 05-16-2011 at 01:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast