+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Green Lantern or Thor?

Rift Disciple

Default Green Lantern or Thor?

Which will be the better movie this year. Me, I gotta side with Ryan Reynolds.
    "I'd rather you hate me for who I am, than to love me for being something I am not"

Rift Disciple

They're giving Deadpool a power ring?!

Quote Originally Posted by DJahy View Post
    Which will be the better movie this year. Me, I gotta side with Ryan Reynolds.
    Van Wilder is not a super hero. If they'd cast just about anyone else for that role, I would probably enjoy it. Unfortunately, I can't see him being a super hero, so I'm gonna side with Thor on this one. Besides, Watching Thor get hit TWICE by Natalie Portman was priceless lol.

Rich Aemry

Meh to both. Won't pay $16USD for mediocrity. $32USD since I'd have to take my fiancée.

Why does Hollywood insist on making overly expensive films, and then raising ticket prices to pay for them? Bad idea in a crappy economy. They can't just buy the gross anymore with better and cheaper entertainment options available.

RIFT Community Ambassador Sodahelm's Avatar

Green Lantern is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. There are no redeeming qualities to it, and I never wanted to see Admiral Adama dragged through the mud that way.

Thor was a lot of fun. Earth scenes were the worst scenes, imo, but it was definitely a step above most comic book movies, and the art direction was fantastic.

I haven't seen anything about Green Lantern, but I saw Thor, and I thought it was really good minus the chick flick they had running in the background that didn't quite flow. Like someone else said, the Earth scenes were meh...

Oh, also the reference to Iron Man, and the promise that they will eventually make a "The Avengers" movie really pisses me off.

RIFT Community Ambassador Sodahelm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    I haven't seen anything about Green Lantern, but I saw Thor, and I thought it was really good minus the chick flick they had running in the background that didn't quite flow. Like someone else said, the Earth scenes were meh...

Oh, also the reference to Iron Man, and the promise that they will eventually make a "The Avengers" movie really pisses me off.
    Yeah. I forgot about that. All of the Iron Man references were just incredibly stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodahelm View Post
    Yeah. I forgot about that. All of the Iron Man references were just incredibly stupid.
    "Is this one of Stark's? That guy doesn't tell us anything" - Shield operative referring to giant robot of death.

Yeah, I was sitting there going, I are not amused. Then I realized what they are doing. All the recent marvel movies. Captain America, The Hulk, Thor, Green Lantern, The fantastic 4, etc... they are going to make "The Avengers" and it's going to suck.

P.S. the Shield operative with the bow in the tower who is going to shoot Thor while he's trying to get to the hammer in the crater? Hawkeye -.- *le sigh*
    Last edited by Sinndel; 05-16-2011 at 06:34 AM.

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

Saw the Green Lantern commercial yesterday and it looks awful. More handsome white guy with superpowers to save the world. Stark is the worst. I usually cheer for the evil. Think I'll pass on these. Still emotionally scarred from Phoenix not crushing Wolverine.

Yeah, I was sitting there going, I are not amused. Then I realized what they are doing. All the recent marvel movies. Captain America, The Hulk, Thor, Green Lantern, The fantastic 4, etc... they are going to make "The Avengers" and it's going to suck.
    Green Lantern is a DC character, not Marvel. Just a little FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by lestatx718 View Post
    Green Lantern is a DC character, not Marvel. Just a little FYI.
    My bad, but my point still stands.

Rift Chaser

I thought Thor would be pretty crappy, but enjoyed the movie a lot. I can't see Green Lantern matching it in any way, but on a side note, Steve Rodgers will blow them both away.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    P.S. the Shield operative with the bow in the tower who is going to shoot Thor while he's trying to get to the hammer in the crater? Hawkeye -.- *le sigh*
    I TOTALLY got that! Me and the gaggle of friends I went with to see Thor argued about that for HOURS! Glad I wasn't the only one!

I actually really like the fact that the recent marvel movies all have snippets that allude to another movie. Captain America's Shield in Iron Man 2 was great, especially how he used it lol. I'm just trying to figure out what specifically the end of Thor was leading to. (The part after the credits - not going to ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.)

It's especially nice that they've managed to keep the same actors throughout. There's nothing more I hate than when they get someone else to play a character that we've already come to know as someone else. The Mummy comes to mind >.>

One of the things I'm hating about these super hero movies lately is when they get the PERFECT people to play a role, but he's not the right RACE! I'm not a racist person, but Kingpin in Daredevil is a GIANT BLACK DUDE, instead of a giant white dude! Nick Fury is white as well. Although Samuel L. Jackson definitely pulls that role off quite nicely, it just feels extremely out of place! What next, Indian Superman?

Quote Originally Posted by corrin View Post
    One of the things I'm hating about these super hero movies lately is when they get the PERFECT people to play a role, but he's not the right RACE! I'm not a racist person, but Kingpin in Daredevil is a GIANT BLACK DUDE, instead of a giant white dude! Nick Fury is white as well. Although Samuel L. Jackson definitely pulls that role off quite nicely, it just feels extremely out of place! What next, Indian Superman?
    heard Superman is actually a Brit now. Though i can't judge yet because I can't say i have ever actually seen anything he's done.

Also i was a fan of Sam Jackson as Fury. he looked badass enough in the eyepatch to make it work haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Aemry View Post
    Meh to both. Won't pay $16USD for mediocrity. $32USD since I'd have to take my fiancée.

Why does Hollywood insist on making overly expensive films, and then raising ticket prices to pay for them? Bad idea in a crappy economy. They can't just buy the gross anymore with better and cheaper entertainment options available.
    $16 USD for one ticket??? WTH do you go see movies, the moon??

Matinees here in Vegas are half that. Sheesh.
    "I'm not afraid of death. It's the stake one puts up in order to play the game of life."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast