+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Stopped Reading At Rouge" Campaign

Default "Stopped Reading At Rouge" Campaign

I'm starting a campaign called, "Stopped Reading At Rouge". Anyone is free to join. All you have to do is, when someone says "rouge" instead of "rogue", you immediately stop reading the post, quote that part of the post, and respond simply with, "Stopped reading at 'Rouge'". This is made in the hopes that people will learn the difference between a color and an unscrupulous reprobate, scallywag, or vagabond.

May this pet peeve of 12+ years worth of MMORPG gaming be forgotten and fade into obscurity.
    An Experiment In Design - Deioth's Warrior Soul Revamps - More In The Works
    Beastmaster - Paragon - Warlord Coming Soon

Please Click, Read, And Respond! Thank you!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Deioth View Post
    I'm starting a campaign called, "Stopped Reading At Rouge". Anyone is free to join. All you have to do is, when someone says "rouge" instead of "rogue", you immediately stop reading the post, quote that part of the post, and respond simply with, "Stopped reading at 'Rouge'". This is made in the hopes that people will learn the difference between a color and an unscrupulous reprobate, scallywag, or vagabond.

May this pet peeve of 12+ years worth of MMORPG gaming be forgotten and fade into obscurity.
    I don't get the point of this thread..

Maybe its cause i stopped reading when you said Rouge instead of Rogue..
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

You'll miss out on a world of interesting, cosmetics based discussions. Consider yourself warned.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

Shadowlander

I tell myself that people use "rouge" on purpose as some kind of a joke. Wish I believed it.

So let me understand this. You're ok with people using there, their, and they're wrong, but rouge bothers you? I think it's time we all realized people on the internet suck at spelling everything, and forgive all transgressions against the english language, so long as you still understand what they are saying.

Now, in the unlikely event that someone says "I got on my rouge to go to a party" when they meant "I logged on my rogue to join a party of my fellow adventurers" then you are justified in calling them Nancy and proceeding to rofl at a joke they probably won't understand.
    Last edited by Sinndel; 05-15-2011 at 08:03 AM.

I don't wear cosmetics myself, but what's wrong with discussing them?

I remember that rogues in another game used to advertise rouge for picking locks all the time. If rouge is so abrasive, then where is the wisdom in putting it on the delicate facial skin?

These issues simply are not adequately discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Palvy View Post
    I don't wear cosmetics myself, but what's wrong with discussing them?

I remember that rogues in another game used to advertise rouge for picking locks all the time. If rouge is so abrasive, then where is the wisdom in putting it on the delicate facial skin?

These issues simply are not adequately discussed.
    I stopped reading at ZOMG THIS POST IS SO F'ING WIN <3

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    So let me understand this. You're ok with people using there, their, and they're wrong, but rouge bothers you? I think it's time we all realized people on the internet suck at spelling everything, and forgive all transgressions against the english language, so long as you still understand what they are saying.

Now, in the unlikely event that someone says "I got on my rouge to go to a party" when they meant "I logged on my rogue to join a party of my fellow adventurers" then you are justified in calling them Nancy and proceeding to rofl at a joke they probably won't understand.
    If we campaigned against they're/there/their and its/it's and etc., we'd overwhelm too many people with grammatical correction. At least a rogue is something in the game, that might be enough for these ADD-addled masses to pay some extra attention.
    An Experiment In Design - Deioth's Warrior Soul Revamps - More In The Works
    Beastmaster - Paragon - Warlord Coming Soon

Please Click, Read, And Respond! Thank you!

Fave sig seen a few yrs ago on WoW forums but prolly been around as long as rogues:

"Rouges are overpowdered"
    My shiny carapace is cracked. I should have never left the sea. Krugon.

General of Telara I Fear Kittens's Avatar

OP's post was to long....didnt read
    "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall piss you off." Norse Proverb
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    When it's ready...... You wouldn't want it released before it was ready, right? And you wouldn't want us to hold it back after it was ready, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollolololol View Post
    I am honored to have made your /ignore list

This is a criticism of my typo problem, isn't it.

*blush*
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

tau
    Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    *blush*
    Not blush, rouge.

Telaran

Using "Rouge" in a post leaves you a little red faced...

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

I think we should get rid of the word altogether as denigrating to a particular class of people, since it comes from the latin "rogare", to beg, implying that all beggars are thieves, scoundrels, and backstabbers.

A new word has apparently been coined recently on the Rift forums: "ridiclious". I nominate that as a replacement anathema..

+ Reply to Thread