+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: Some good news for rift players

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5

    Thumbs up Some good news for rift players

    On March 31, 2011, SOE announced that it would be ending development of their spy-themed MMO The Agency and refocusing efforts on EverQuest Next and PlanetSide Next

  2. #2
    Ascendant Fireforge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,459

    Default

    I prefer to leave my nostalgia for EQ just where it belongs. In the past.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,684

    Default

    Here's to hoping that EQ Next, or any other game that is due to come out refocuses energy towards open world events and less of the gear carrot on a stick dungeon grinds..

  4. #4
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    What does this have to do with Rift?
    Daishiki
    Deepwood :: Eth Warrior :: "It's Swahili... for something..."
    Scrunt
    Wolfsbane :: Dwarf Warrior :: "I will tank it, or spank it... especially if she's good lookin'!"

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Im getting both them games when they come out

    My best mmo experience from mmos ive had come from soe games.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rydeson View Post
    Here's to hoping that EQ Next, or any other game that is due to come out refocuses energy towards open world events and less of the gear carrot on a stick dungeon grinds..
    Might be playing the wrong genre then there bud, you are looking for either a fps or platformer.

    RGP's are always about upgrading your gear and that means earning it thru either faction, dugeon or event.

  7. #7
    Plane Walker Stargeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    441

    Default

    Yeah, this is awesome because Sony is not only totally into giving their customers what they want, but they have a rock-solid network and are quick to shore up any real or perceived holes in their security!





    (wait for it...wait...for...it...)






    Oh, wait...NO THEY'RE NOT!

    And weekend #4 with no PSN ensues. Yeah, color me excited.

    Sorry, anything Sony says these days doesn't hold water with me. They're gonna be a long time gaining back the trust of their customer base. Except maybe for the throngs of lemmings with real short memories.

    Proudly hitching dreams to stars for over fifty years!

  8. #8
    Plane Walker Erravi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Novare View Post
    Might be playing the wrong genre then there bud, you are looking for either a fps or platformer.

    RGP's are always about upgrading your gear and that means earning it thru either faction, dugeon or event.
    true to an extent, but WoW really drove home the idea of gear-based advancement and Rift (along with many other recent mmos since) have followed suit. I too am rather fatigued with the constant gear grind, wish they'd introduce something more interesting to strive for.

    Sage advice for life: All people are A-holes at heart, Mother Teresa would spit in your face and **** your *** with a broken broom handle as long as her anonymity was guaranteed. Always hope for the best in people, but never expect anything more then the worst.

  9. #9
    Sez
    Sez is offline
    Ascendant Sez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fireforge View Post
    I prefer to leave my nostalgia for EQ just where it belongs. In the past.
    Old games are like old girlfriends. Don't call them up drunk at 2am.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrunt View Post
    What does this have to do with Rift?
    He wrote that so he wouldn't get an insta-locked thread.

    De-sepp-shawn: How interneters get past Mods
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

    - Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

  10. #10
    Sword of Telara Shriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    800

    Default

    Sony. Lol

    Tried playing your PS3 lately?

  11. #11
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Novare View Post
    Might be playing the wrong genre then there bud, you are looking for either a fps or platformer.

    RGP's are always about upgrading your gear and that means earning it thru either faction, dugeon or event.
    The correction would be:

    "For the unimaginative, locked into a mindless grind RPG's are always about upgrading yoru gear and that means earning it through either faction, dungeon or event"

    For those who actually appreciate video games and content gear is not the sum of a Role Playing Game.
    Isz on other, unreleased MMOs :

    "Enjoy buying another $60 box for forum access to the next thing to complain about"
    About right, ayuh.

  12. #12
    Soulwalker Jarina87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erravi View Post
    true to an extent, but WoW really drove home the idea of gear-based advancement and Rift (along with many other recent mmos since) have followed suit. I too am rather fatigued with the constant gear grind, wish they'd introduce something more interesting to strive for.
    sorry to say this bub, but if you think WoW was gear heavy, try FFXI at endgame state

  13. #13
    Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarina87 View Post
    sorry to say this bub, but if you think WoW was gear heavy, try FFXI at endgame state
    This is kind of like saying "You're don't like wrestling bears? Well, i guess you've never wrestled with a great white shark!" Still don't like wrestling bears... Kind of agree with Erravi.

  14. #14
    Plane Touched Helmstead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stargeezer View Post
    Sorry, anything Sony says these days doesn't hold water with me. They're gonna be a long time gaining back the trust of their customer base. Except maybe for the throngs of lemmings with real short memories.
    Pishawww. It will take one cool looking game, thats it.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Treras View Post
    The correction would be:

    "For the unimaginative, locked into a mindless grind RPG's are always about upgrading yoru gear and that means earning it through either faction, dungeon or event"

    For those who actually appreciate video games and content gear is not the sum of a Role Playing Game.
    Well the "unimaginative" will see all the content offered were the "role" player will be stuck oggling the starting area only.

    I wish there was another way to progress but if you want to play a rpg lvls and gear are needed or it becomes a platformer or fps.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts