+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Some good news for rift players

Soulwalker

Thumbs up Some good news for rift players

On March 31, 2011, SOE announced that it would be ending development of their spy-themed MMO The Agency and refocusing efforts on EverQuest Next and PlanetSide Next

I prefer to leave my nostalgia for EQ just where it belongs. In the past.

Banned

Here's to hoping that EQ Next, or any other game that is due to come out refocuses energy towards open world events and less of the gear carrot on a stick dungeon grinds..

Prophet of Telara

What does this have to do with Rift?
    Daishiki
    Deepwood :: Eth Warrior :: "It's Swahili... for something..."
    Scrunt
    Wolfsbane :: Dwarf Warrior :: "I will tank it, or spank it... especially if she's good lookin'!"

Rift Disciple

Im getting both them games when they come out

My best mmo experience from mmos ive had come from soe games.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rydeson View Post
    Here's to hoping that EQ Next, or any other game that is due to come out refocuses energy towards open world events and less of the gear carrot on a stick dungeon grinds..
    Might be playing the wrong genre then there bud, you are looking for either a fps or platformer.

RGP's are always about upgrading your gear and that means earning it thru either faction, dugeon or event.

Yeah, this is awesome because Sony is not only totally into giving their customers what they want, but they have a rock-solid network and are quick to shore up any real or perceived holes in their security!

(wait for it...wait...for...it...)

Oh, wait...NO THEY'RE NOT!

And weekend #4 with no PSN ensues. Yeah, color me excited.

Sorry, anything Sony says these days doesn't hold water with me. They're gonna be a long time gaining back the trust of their customer base. Except maybe for the throngs of lemmings with real short memories.

Proudly hitching dreams to stars for over fifty years!

Quote Originally Posted by Novare View Post
    Might be playing the wrong genre then there bud, you are looking for either a fps or platformer.

RGP's are always about upgrading your gear and that means earning it thru either faction, dugeon or event.
    true to an extent, but WoW really drove home the idea of gear-based advancement and Rift (along with many other recent mmos since) have followed suit. I too am rather fatigued with the constant gear grind, wish they'd introduce something more interesting to strive for.

Sage advice for life: All people are A-holes at heart, Mother Teresa would spit in your face and **** your *** with a broken broom handle as long as her anonymity was guaranteed. Always hope for the best in people, but never expect anything more then the worst.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Fireforge View Post
    I prefer to leave my nostalgia for EQ just where it belongs. In the past.
    Old games are like old girlfriends. Don't call them up drunk at 2am.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunt View Post
    What does this have to do with Rift?
    He wrote that so he wouldn't get an insta-locked thread.

De-sepp-shawn: How interneters get past Mods
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Sony. Lol

Tried playing your PS3 lately?

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Novare View Post

The correction would be:

"For the unimaginative, locked into a mindless grind RPG's are always about upgrading yoru gear and that means earning it through either faction, dungeon or event"

For those who actually appreciate video games and content gear is not the sum of a Role Playing Game.
    Isz on other, unreleased MMOs :

"Enjoy buying another $60 box for forum access to the next thing to complain about"
    About right, ayuh.

Quote Originally Posted by Erravi View Post
    true to an extent, but WoW really drove home the idea of gear-based advancement and Rift (along with many other recent mmos since) have followed suit. I too am rather fatigued with the constant gear grind, wish they'd introduce something more interesting to strive for.
    sorry to say this bub, but if you think WoW was gear heavy, try FFXI at endgame state

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jarina87 View Post
    sorry to say this bub, but if you think WoW was gear heavy, try FFXI at endgame state
    This is kind of like saying "You're don't like wrestling bears? Well, i guess you've never wrestled with a great white shark!" Still don't like wrestling bears... Kind of agree with Erravi.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargeezer View Post
    Sorry, anything Sony says these days doesn't hold water with me. They're gonna be a long time gaining back the trust of their customer base. Except maybe for the throngs of lemmings with real short memories.
    Pishawww. It will take one cool looking game, thats it.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Treras View Post
    The correction would be:

"For the unimaginative, locked into a mindless grind RPG's are always about upgrading yoru gear and that means earning it through either faction, dungeon or event"

For those who actually appreciate video games and content gear is not the sum of a Role Playing Game.
    Well the "unimaginative" will see all the content offered were the "role" player will be stuck oggling the starting area only.

I wish there was another way to progress but if you want to play a rpg lvls and gear are needed or it becomes a platformer or fps.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast