+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: How PvP works in GW2.

Default How PvP works in GW2.

Take a look Trion, or else GW2 will be like "All your subs are belong to me".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4VKhrCDWfg

Rift Disciple

God, I can't wait for GW2.

So... Fantasy FPS and a dumbed down base game for "instanced" World PvP...?

And that is something to brag about?

Well, then again - lots of folks want a Fantasy FPS and the rest - so those folks will probably enjoy it.

Ascendant

Man, I just peed a little.

If it's anything like the snoozefest that GW was I'll pass.
    Even free cost too much now

Champion of Telara

Competitive mode.

Wuts dat?

Set of armor everyone else has?
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-09-2011 at 12:28 PM.
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.

Also, the tab targeting needs to be fixed with two things.
    1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ght=imageshack

Thank you for pretty much fixing the nearest target button, it's noticeable.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    So... Fantasy FPS and a dumbed down base game for "instanced" World PvP...?
    World PvP that matters, as opposed to.... <nothing>.

That's a difficult choice, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Copenhagen View Post

^QFT^
    10chars

Champion of Telara

Hard to even get a warfront.

They might as well just take the level cap off so I can be level 150 in the 150-155 bracket and have absolutely 0% chance for a que due to segregation.

Have level 1000's it'll be fun, segregate each bracket to only 5 levels instead of ten, make world pvp where people can only run around solo, let rogues one hit people from stealthmode, touch pvpinesis with a neighbor boy. (This got Rogers point across)
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.

1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! OMG that sounds so awesome. Sorry Rift.

It is not World PvP.

Three servers fighting in an instanced area is not World PvP.

It is casual instanced PvP - as opposed to their Fantasy FPS version of PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    It is not World PvP.

Three servers fighting in an instanced area is not World PvP.

It is casual instanced PvP - as opposed to their Fantasy FPS version of PvP.
    It's rvr, very fun stuff nonetheless.

Go play AoC or something if you want hardcore pvp, they are coming out with a hardcore server.

wewt that looks amazingly epic...!!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1169507&dateline=1307  205688
    Kats@Vigil - 50 Rogue

Can anyone name me ONE game that was destroyed at the release of another game? Just one?

Play what you like, drink what you like, eat what you like.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Champion of Telara

Can anyone tell me the last release of one good competitive mmo pvp game? Just one?

Was it Guild wars 1?
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-09-2011 at 12:54 PM.
    TL;DR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast