+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Reasons Rift will not make it a year.

Default Reasons Rift will not make it a year.

Sadly, I have played every MMo every realesed except Ashrons Call and Anarchy Online. 75% of all the MMOS I have played have tanked in the first three months Except EQ1, DAOC and sadly WOW. I say sadly wow Cuase i absolutly hate that game... So here are your major issues which im sure most are known or posted in the forums, but honestly i hate trollin around online forums when i can be playing. Problem one why the heck isn't their a way to get level 50 gear other then expert? This is a issue that bugs me greatly after running ap 5-8 times and cc3-5 times you still really wont have gear enough to run experts. Still on point one why isnt their atleast one level 50 dungeon. It is bad enough you guys make us run the same exact 5 dungeons untils you finish T1 maby a little veriaty would be nice. Point two T gear It all looks the same wth? I understand you had to push the game out, but when I waste 50 plaqs on a chest piece not that its hard to get 50 and 2 days latter I get the Chest piece from IT and looks identical??? Come on guys IT was bad enough as a warrior to wear the same White Skull Red top knot helm for 10 levels. Also why is my T gear none selvageable sellable? You Spend hours in thes T1 Dungeons why is it when i replace a piece it becomes junk. Huge problem #3 I waste 15-20 mins if a day doing crafting dailies. I have 2 Artificer and Armorsmith when i can do both quests of carmantium items i use 48 ore. Do you have any idea how long it takes to farm 48 carmantium ore?? Atleast 45mins and on top of all the wasted time im 0-30 on plaqs and no longer need any of the items. So to wrap up my wall of texts I want to end with this is my observation, Im not QQIng I have played games worse then this, but i have a 3 month sub once its done and things dont get fixed. TRion will lose my 14.50 and prob 8,000-10,0000 others.
    Last edited by Synstral; 04-30-2011 at 11:47 AM.

it's kind hard to read a block of text like that, but i think i got the gist of it before i went crosseyed.

the game is doomed because you expect to only do a dungeon once ever and be fully geared?
    This is why we can't have nice things.

[QUOTE=Synstral;2299909]Sadly, I have played every MMo every realesed except Ashrons Call and Anarchy Online. 75% of all the MMOS I have played have tanked in the first three months Except EQ1, DAOC and sadly WOW. I say sadly wow Cuase i absolutly hate that game... So here are your major issues which im sure most are known or posted in the forums, but honestly i hate trollin around online forums when i can be playing.

Problem one why the heck isn't their a way to get level 50 gear other then expert? This is a issue that bugs me greatly after running ap 5-8 times and cc 3-5 times you still really wont have gear enough to run experts. Still on point one why isnt their atleast one level 50 dungeon. It is bad enough you guys make us run the same exact 5 dungeons untils you finish T1 maby a little veriaty would be nice.
    Problem two T gear It all looks the same wth? I understand you had to push the game out, but when I waste 50 plaqs on a chest piece not that its hard to get 50 and 2 days latter I get the Chest piece from IT and looks identical??? Come on guys IT was bad enough as a warrior to wear the same White Skull Red top knot helm for 10 levels. Also why is my T gear none selvageable sellable? You Spend hours in thes T1 Dungeons why is it when i replace a piece it becomes junk.

Huge problem #3 I waste 15-20 mins if a day doing crafting dailies. I have 2 Artificer and Armorsmith when i can do both quests of carmantium items i use 48 ore. Do you have any idea how long it takes to farm 48 carmantium ore?? Atleast 45mins and on top of all the wasted time im 0-30 on plaqs and no longer need any of the items. So to wrap up my wall of texts I want to end with this is my observation, Im not QQIng I have played games worse then this, but i have a 3 month sub once its done and things dont get fixed. TRion will lose my 14.50 and prob 8,000-10,0000 others.

Here i broke it up a bit soTrolls can skim it a little faster.
    Last edited by Synstral; 04-30-2011 at 11:57 AM.

Ten

looking forward to seeing trion prove you wrong tbh.
    ~To Die Is The Only Way To Know~

What is your definition of making it a year? If it means not being cancelled, then Rift will certainly last a year. In fact I can't think of many AAA MMOs that have been cancelled within a year, whether they were horrible or not. How successful Rift will be in a year is certainly debatable, but I won't bet against it lasting that long.

lol, your post made me smile. Thanks for sharing your bad day with me. I'm honored to be able to take a little bit of your gaming burden off your back.

thanks again for inspiring me with your strength.

Sov

1. L2Paragraph
    2. L2Spell
    3. What did I just read?

You honestly think this game is going to fail before it reaches it's first birthday just because the gear looks identical? 45mins farming is nothing.

4. GoPlayWoW
    'This disease you call "Hope" is eating you alive'

Shadowlander

Every single point he makes is being remedied in 1.2

Well, the needing to do experts thing maybe not quite. But the Dungeon Finder makes that easier.

I ran CC and AP once or twice and was in experts right after... I think I just invalidated the OP's first point with that fact.

As for point two. I'm in favor of keeping the armor styles down to a minimum within reason. Why? Future additions in races and or illusions is much easier.

Think about it. 12 Races (3 on Defiant, 3 on Guardian x2 genders), with say 5 armor styles per class is 240 unique sets of model for armor. Bring it up to 6 per class and its 288, or 48 more.

Lets say the game is matured and there is 10 armor styles per class with a total of 40 pieces of armor styles. Thats 480 models, and then if you wish to add another race per faction you're up to 640 total or 160 new models to work out.

Thats assuming just chest armor btw. For Helm, Boots, Legs, Shoulders, and Chest together multiply all figures by 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Ten View Post
    looking forward to seeing trion prove you wrong tbh.
    They wont

POTBS great launch 3 Months in they did a server merger on a game with player run econ now F2p.

Lord of the Rings Online here again Great luanch even had housing lil coslty. Great achievment system and lore almost made it a year befor servers dropped and now look F2P.

DDO Game had another good luanch Bugged to beat all gut up but still look strong but after 5 months tanked now oh yes F2p.

Fallen Earth <-- makes me sad awsome concept really really bad exocution tanked but still has small cult following not f2p yet but give it time.

Grandady of all Tanks EQ 2 Man this game had everything at luanch Cross faction quest housing guild cities farming NPCS OH and it tanked and now is FTp.

I know what im talking about Rift is showing the same signs. I am not QQing Im just Saying if they dont do something huge this game will end up on the F2p List.

Ascendant

I only read.. I am so experienced at this blah blah so I must be right.. blah blah. Give it a rest. I honestly think these posts are a structured attempt to headline on the forums. It really is old now and not interesting. Those that enjoy playing couldn't give a jot. And here is the scoop.. I'll still be here in a year. But hey.. you will have long gone.. moaning no doubt on some other games forum just about how experienced you are and why that fails.

Bye.

Rift Chaser

If they dont fix customer support it certainly wont rise any. People only have a tolerance for waiting to solve large inconveniences (from a gaming perspective) with huge wait times for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajhal View Post
    I only read.. I am so experienced at this blah blah so I must be right.. blah blah. Give it a rest. I honestly think these posts are a structured attempt to headline on the forums. It really is old now and not interesting. Those that enjoy playing couldn't give a jot. And here is the scoop.. I'll still be here in a year. But hey.. you will have long gone.. moaning no doubt on some other games forum just about how experienced you are and why that fails.

Bye.
    Your a fool i have 5 posts lol I dont want attention i said this was my opinion. People if you dont like what i write i dont care it's not for you.
    I wouldn't have wrote it if the game had a ingame feedback system. So just shove off im not looking to cap the forums.

Soulwalker

Just an FYI, EQ2 is not totally FTP now, it still has regular sub servers. There's just one FTP server.

There IS an ingame feedback system. You see that question mark icon on the bottom left of your client? Yeah, that one.

Also, LOTRO was released in 2007 and went fremium last year. Lasted a lot longer than a year as P2P, and it was still profitable before the pricing model switch. Turbine just saw how much more revenue going f2p brought in to DDO and applied it to LOTRO.
    Last edited by PandoraG; 04-30-2011 at 12:16 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast