+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ArcheAge

Default ArcheAge

Anyone else that are actually paying attention to this game?
    So far besides Rifts, this one is number 2 for me. Tera, Star Wars and even GW2 pale in comparison with this one (in my eyes at least).
    Here is a few videos to get an idea about this game:

Social and so on:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_2Vh...layer_embedded
    Destructible environment:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNZpj...eature=related
    CryEngine 2 Graphics demostration:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv586...eature=related
    Group Battle:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-RYh...eature=related
    Housing:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv5Sh...layer_embedded

And here's the official web page: http://www.archeage.com/en

So far little info, but in my eyes it looks very promising. Just ain't sure when its coming over to the west.

I had never heard of it honestly. It doesn't look like something I want to play personally.

It is Korean. I have learned my lesson playing eastern based games.

Gameplay looks a lot like A Tale In The Desert. There is such a thing as too real-life, however. Not really enough information on the game to tell whether the crafting system would be just a huge timesink.

*Edit*
    If you notice, there is something called Labor Power. You gain labor power over time and it used by nearly every function in-game. There's your catch. Chances are you accrue Labor Power slowly, therefore you are forced to play longer to accomplish something. The longer you play, the more $$$ the company makes. Especially if it's an Eastern one.
    Last edited by Brolael; 07-29-2010 at 05:25 PM.

I've heard of it. Apparently it's a huge community interaction type game. For instance, you have to literraly get a group together to do every single thing. For instance, you have to get a group to help you plant crops and farm. Help you build your house, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brolael View Post
    Gameplay looks a lot like A Tale In The Desert. There is such a thing as too real-life, however. Not really enough information on the game to tell whether the crafting system would be just a huge timesink.

*Edit*
    If you notice, there is something called Labor Power. You gain labor power over time and it used by nearly every function in-game. There's your catch. Chances are you accrue Labor Power slowly, therefore you are forced to play longer to accomplish something. The longer you play, the more $$$ the company makes. Especially if it's an Eastern one.
    Well yes, the labor power will be used for any work you do (crafting, production, building and so on) and if you run out of it - hire other people to continue the work, i rather see it as a nice feature than a drawback. Than again all this working is only a feature in the game, if you don't like it - go on adventuring, since its not something all of the game is build upon.

Now i understand that many people are sceptical about games from the east.. Well, even i am,but somehow this one really managed to spark my interest.

Yeah the tendency towards huge grind session games from the east is huge, and is a real turn off for me. I know they even had to add a huge number of quests and other non-grindy things to Aion just to market it to the West. But hey every gamer has their own cup of tea, probably wont pay much attention to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tynta View Post
    Well yes, the labor power will be used for any work you do (crafting, production, building and so on) and if you run out of it - hire other people to continue the work, i rather see it as a nice feature than a drawback. Than again all this working is only a feature in the game, if you don't like it - go on adventuring, since its not something all of the game is build upon.

Now i understand that many people are sceptical about games from the east.. Well, even i am,but somehow this one really managed to spark my interest.
    I understand it's only a single feature in what does seem to be a massive game, but what's to say Labor Power isn't used in adventuring?

With that being said, it's all speculation. Doesn't seem to be that much information on the official site. So pretty much I'm blowing smoke out my chimney.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Sornin's Avatar

The pedigree of one of the men behind it, Jake Song, is quite good. He was behind Baram, known as Nexus here, and Lineage. Love or hate those games, both were immensely popular in Korea, and really helped kick off the MMORPG genre.

As for my interest: zero.

Never have heard of this game, but this breaking things with spells system looks really good. Might keep an eye on this game! Thanks for all links!
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

To answer some of the questions i did search some more about this game and found some nice info: http://community.archeage-online.com...bout-archeage/

Somehow it made me an impression that this game will be a modern L2 with a lot of sandbox elements. Might be a wrong impression but its a good one, at least for me.

Mmm....love the housing!
    If you say plz instead of please, I say no because it's shorter than yes.

Yeah, if I can build a house and grow corn then I'm a happy camper!!

Korean games are usually pretty grindy though. Is there scheduled for a US beta and release or just the asian market? I'd love to get in the test if it's US.

It has potential, that's all you can say atm I suppose.

Here, 500 screens from the closed beta:
    http://community.archeage-online.com...sed-beta-test/

The more I study the more interesting it looks, but I've been burned many times before of getting exciting off of cool videos only to find the game is terrible. I'll most likely look into it, hopefully there is a free trial or it's F2P though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast