+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What Anime are You Watching

Default What Anime are You Watching

If you are like me, you're not just into gaming, but anime as well. Anime is what actually got me into MMORPGs in the first place (Ragnarok). So I was wondering what you all are watching?

I just finished the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya series, complete with The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya as well as Air Gear. I'm now starting Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood from the beginning and watching High School of the Dead as it airs.
    GeeksNGamers.com- Get Plugged In!

I've heard such bad things about the Ragnarok anime, though the clips look hilarious. So far brotherhood has been great.

I have a pretty good selection of Anime. I'm not watching too many at the moment, but on my list is the last disk of Season 1 of Super Gals Ran Kotobuki. And I'm borrowing Season 4 of Bleach from a friend ... but I haven't felt like watching it yet. I'm a big fan of Hayao Miyazaki.

Never really tried it. If you could only pick one series or movie etc for your anime collection what would it be so I can try it to see if I like it.

Only one? Hmm ... that's a hard one to answer. Well, I would say if you're female, the entire Hayao Miyazaki collection. If you're male ... ummm ... either Cowboy Bebop or Outlaw Star.

For standalone movies - Appleseed and Appleseed Ex Machina.

At the moment I'm not watching any animes, but hoping to fix that situation as soon as I find something interesting to watch. Last serie I watched was Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood but since it just finished up recently, I haven't really found anything to fill that spot yet...

That aside though, FMA:B was such a wonderful serie. Bit of a rarity too, since the official European distributor released the entire show on YouTube in high quality and with subtitles for various euro languages (although excluding english, since I guess someone else distributes it in UK).

Right now I'm just freelancing on my anime...I watch both subs and dubs, depending on the series so it depends. Anyways, I agree, I'd recommend Cowboy Bebop, awesome anime.

Bleach is another good one, but it is quite poor in a mature sense of things, filled with cliches etc, so if you don't like cliched stuff, I recommend it, but go into it knowing its gonna be cliche

I'm the type of guy that watches things for story, characters, etc, so if it is a good anime, I usually watch it. The same for TV shows...which reminds me, I have some TV shows to catch up on too *sigh*

I've never been into Anime. I just think I've never been really impressed with what I've heard from friends about Anime.
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

I'm not watching anything atm as i've got an irritating dead pixel problem. Was watching One Piece, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Bleach, and a lot of things I can't remember atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Anasazi View Post
    Never really tried it. If you could only pick one series or movie etc for your anime collection what would it
    be so I can try it to see if I like it.
    It is an awesome way to spend time you have nothing better to do in.

Quote Originally Posted by Maladhiel View Post
    Only one? Hmm ... that's a hard one to answer. Well, I would say if you're female, the entire Hayao Miyazaki collection. If you're male ... ummm ... either Cowboy Bebop or Outlaw Star.

For standalone movies - Appleseed and Appleseed Ex Machina.
    I would say that Cowboy Bebop is great for anyone who wants to give it a try. Outlaw Star kinda has that Saturday morning cartoon feeling to it, although I do enjoy it. Speed Grapher is a little perverse at times, but has an awesome story (camera bazooka ftw). Trigun is pretty cool for a first watch as well. Any of the Standalone stuff is cool.

I pretty follow everything that comes out, but atm I'm personally enjoying shows like Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu.
    Reminds me of druaga.

Sengoku Basara 2, Fairy Tail, and Shippuden are all on my list currently. I'm pretty new to all anime but ive really liked those 3 especially.

Does The Simpsons count as 'anime' ?

Quote Originally Posted by Slyde View Post
    Does The Simpsons count as 'anime' ?

Careful now lol, one thing about Anime people is they freak out when you call them cartoons. I've made that mistake now a few times, a couple even on purpose =p

So far the best ive seen:
    Death Note
    Hellsing
    Code Geass
    Samurai 7
    And im still watching the weekly Naruto and Bleach.

Aiming for Darker then black, elfen lied, gintama and Soul Eater now. ^^

Btw Hinata <3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast