+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RIFT Beta PvP Duels - Recorded in closed beta #1 & 2 (HD Video)

Default RIFT Beta PvP Duels - Recorded in closed beta #1 & 2 (HD Video)

This footage is a collection of duels that I participated in during the first two RIFT closed beta events. Take it for what you will, I was just getting a feel for the game and testing out the various classes/souls.

For exclusive RIFT screenshots & more be sure to check out: http://www.secretcloud.blogspot.com/

Subscribe to the channel for more RIFT videos & other exclusive content from future betas: www.youtube.com/playerversusplayer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR6j_uEr5pk

My characters that appear in this video:
    Ghost - Male Dwarf Blade Dancer / Assassin
    Sprite - Female Eth Elementalist / Dominator
    Jesus - Male Eth Sentinel / Warden
    Smash - Male - Bahmi Champion / Void Knight
    Anxient - Male - Kelari Nightblade / Assassin

Recorded using Fraps with the Nvidia GTX 260 video card, quad core cpu rated at 2.3 mhz, 1680x1050, ultra settings but with shadows turned off in most clips.

Low level duels with like 3 abilities aren't really that enjoyable to watch, you should stick to at least level 20 duels.

Yeah level 20 duels are a lot of fun. I won almost every duel
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=92262&dateline=134088  9999

Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Low level duels with like 3 abilities aren't really that enjoyable to watch, you should stick to at least level 20 duels.
    Certainly more than 3 abilities in these videos. Nonetheless I just posted the video to share what combat will somewhat resemble in RIFT. The game isn't balanced for low level pvp so this certainly isn't a "look at my leet skills" video. If you want that kind of video check out my other more serious pvp videos (youtube.com/playerversusplayer)

Like I said, I just shared this so people could check out the basics of combat and player versus player action. I don't think level 20 duels would be much different then these duels. It is still low level dueling and proves nothing in relation to skill and balance. Regardless, I will try to get some level 20 duels recorded in beta #3.

Cheers.

Thanks for posting the vids. I noticed in one of your duels you attacked from stealth and stayed invis until your second attack ( when fighting the player named Vortice). It seems a little unfair to attack someone and not become visible.Your attack looked like a stun or something similar and by your second attack you have about 1/4 of his health down,seems a little OP to me, but w/e I know its Beta and all.
    One other thing, I hope they have better death knells, or"death cries" when a player dies when they release the game.

+ Reply to Thread