+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Five random facts about you

Default Five random facts about you

Mate of mine tagged me on this recently (curse them) and I figured; hm, I haven't seen this in off-topic yet so I'll go there. Gods help you.

1) I live in England, grew up in the US, and was born in Canada. Trying to explain my "racial description" to a nation that doesn't know a native american isn't just "indian" can be...interesting, especially as Indians here are from West India. And black people are also considered to be Indian. And my hair turns red because of the Irish, mixed with Norwegian...Erm...I tell them to just tick "other".

2) I am a former bodybuilder, and was training for amateur strength-training before my illness struck around 2000. At 12 I was bench-pressing over 300lbs as normal reps, and was getting some pressure to register for the world's strongest girl competitions (which I had no interest in, I just wanted to lift). Now I can't even open up a jar, demmit.

3) Thanks to the joy which makes me have to ask my son to ask jars for me (and he's six) I have a condition called "fibro-fog" which means I can be in mid-flow during a deep philosophical discussion here on the forums and then...go completely blank. Which usually results in me ending a post abruptly or wheezing to a not entirely convincing halt. Not much of an excuse, really, I should know just to avoid the internet ENTIRELY on those days. So now, as an apologia to the masses, you know why I give up on threads; it's not entirely unattributable to a horrified embarrassment on my part, roughly akin to reading what you might have posted on your guild forums while drunk.

4) I have worked as a heavy equipment operator, a plumber, a pantry chef in a laundering front masquerading as a restaurant (not mine), a go-go-dancer, a welder, a apprentice bladesmith, a silversmith, soap and cosmetics maker, a writer, and as a paralegal. Honestly, out of all of those, working for lawyers was probably the most weird. With that said, lawyers in Seattle were awesome.

5) At a convention, I got to talking to Lance Hendrickson of "Millenium" fame - somehow we got to talking about riding trains (he and I both rode the rails at some point in our lives) and pottery (he's had several exhibits and I like to throw the odd form on a wheel myself from time to time). People behind me were getting impatient to pose and gush about being His Biggest Fan, but he just kept talking with me about scenery and road-stories until security had to almost literally move me on, much to Lance's dismay. It's one of the few times I've had an experience to talk about rambling without having people look at me as if I was utterly mad, and was brilliant. I like to think he remembered the conversation, too.

Go on, your turn!
    Last edited by Tinker; 07-23-2010 at 02:02 PM.

1) I was born on Christmas. They put me in a stocking and gave me to my parents. =p

2) I once had an awkward moment... just to see what it felt like.

3) I have moved to a different state about 8 or 9 times so far.

4) I am good at everything but math.

5) I enjoy MMA and have just found another spot (I moved) to practice in!
    Last edited by Hanlo; 07-23-2010 at 01:07 PM.

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

1) I was born in Sacramento, California, but have never seen a shooting

2) I have been across the country. Twice

3) I have been gaming since I was 3.

4) My first MMO Was EverQuest, I was 5 years old (yep...)

5) Pasta is my favorite food, I can eat almost any pasta dish.

Rift Disciple

1) First time going to a mall and seeing a movie in a theater was at the age of 15 when i lived in Tennessee. Never lived in the same place more than 2-3 years.

2) First computer games that got me hooked were EQ and Counter-Strike(FPS). First MMO i got serious in raiding in was WOW and PvP.

3) I'm a United States Marine, 4 out of the last 6 years I've spent in Japan(love it!) where i met my wife. We move to San Diego soon

4) Really big into playing football, volleyball, softball, running obstacle courses, dancing and practicing MMA or grappling.

5) Tried a lot of things for the first time this year like yogurt, and bagels. I'm 25 and still haven't tried cheesecake yet and everyone has been trying to get me to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorro View Post

5) Tried a lot of things for the first time this year like yogurt, and bagels. I'm 25 and still haven't tried cheesecake yet and everyone has been trying to get me to.

How on earth are you 25 and not had cheesecake yet? Bagels / yogurt I can understand, but cheesecake!?

1) I hate playing "Five random facts about you"

2) I am fascinated by the number 69

3) I won't play or buy video games that won't let you save and have only checkpoints!

4) I hate game consoles and their stupid low budget, dumbed downed games because they take away time from making real games for the PC.

5) I only use a PC and only play PC games.

1. I'm not going to play this kind of game on the interwebz.
    2. I just lied.
    3. I don't lie that often, unless I'm sarcastic. Or if I'm lying.
    4. I'm running out of questions.
    5. I like cheesecake
    It is an ironic habit of human beings to run faster when we have lost our way.
    -Me? I am Someone, Somebody. Anybody. Anyone.

1.) Despite the fact that I was born on an even day (Monday; assuming Sunday is day 1), on an even date, in an even month, in an even year, I am considered fairly odd ... probably due to the fact that I was born at an odd hour (meaning a time that ends in an odd number).

2.) I have 2 tattoos.

3.) I can play the flute.

4.) My entire name is French, and yet, I am not French.

5.) I'm good at many things, but I'm not great at anything (except confusing people).

Quote Originally Posted by Maladhiel View Post
    1.) Despite the fact that I was born on an even day (Monday; assuming Sunday is day 1), on an even date, in an even month, in an even year, I am considered fairly odd ... probably due to the fact that I was born at an odd hour (meaning a time that ends in an odd number).
    You don't know the milliseconds, do you? There's a 50/50 chance that it is even. =p

Quote Originally Posted by Hanlo View Post
    You don't know the milliseconds, do you? There's a 50/50 chance that it is even. =p
    Dude, milliseconds are so last year. Split milli-milli-half-tenth-millisecond is the big thing right now.
    It is an ironic habit of human beings to run faster when we have lost our way.
    -Me? I am Someone, Somebody. Anybody. Anyone.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hanlo View Post
    How on earth are you 25 and not had cheesecake yet? Bagels / yogurt I can understand, but cheesecake!?
    haha just never tried it or thought about trying it. Once someone at work brought it up at work they made a whole big deal out of it haha

Quote Originally Posted by Dorro View Post
    haha just never tried it or thought about trying it. Once someone at work brought it up at work they made a whole big deal out of it haha
    I don't know if you know this, but cheesecake is a big deal!

How can you not have eaten cheesecake? Especially New York Style?

http://uppermidwestgourmet.com/wp-co...cheesecake.jpg

So.... delicious!

Default Ok I'll Bite, Random things about me...

1) I Climbed my first 10,000+' peak when I was 5, wearing saddle shoes and leg braces.

2)I don't own anything made by Apple.

3)I have Charcot Marie Tooth disease, which oddly enough has nothing to do with teeth.

4)I lived in my Nissan truck for 3 months, while touring rock climbing areas in the US; 31 states hit on that trip.

5) I like the potential of level loss by death, racial & class exp. penalties (Troll SK yay), and corpse runs.

Bonus

6) If I moved to Iceland, my name would change to Vilhjalmur Vilhjalmsson.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast