+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Starcraft2

Default Starcraft2

Since this game is at least 1 full month away from the first beta.. i was thinking id buy SC2 when it comes out on the 27. Anyone here been following it a bit? is it a lot like the first one or is it different?

any info would be really appreciated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I played StarCraft for years, but only as single-player.

I tried playing online but there were too many cheaters using hacks that could build hundreds of units in a few minutes.

I know someone who has been in beta and he loves it.
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyroth View Post
    Since this game is at least 1 full month away from the first beta.
    Um what? I've been in beta for months and it launches in a week.

is it a lot like the first one or is it different?
    Multiplayer is extremely similar, however, single player (which beta testers did not see) is a lot more involved. There are tech upgrades and such to units, unlocking special units, and all kinds of stuff that didn't exist in the first one.

any info would be really appreciated
    Try reading any of the elebentybillion reviews on the Internets?
    **Canceled Oct '11, cannot reply on forums. Contact me through my site.**
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast
    rabb1t's Gamer Day 2010 After Party videos
    joo can has Rift iPhone 4 and Droid wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by rabb1t View Post
    Um what? I've been in beta for months and it launches in a week.
    I think he was talking about Rift being months away from a beta, not Starcraft II.

Quote Originally Posted by rabb1t View Post
    Try reading any of the elebentybillion reviews on the Internets?
    I think the poster wants impressions from people who are somewhat familiar ... as opposed to reading stuff from virtual strangers.

the storyline (in single player ) continues the story from 1
    gameplay is very similar (i've played beta a few weeks)
    still the same 3 races, units and buildings have changed a bit, obviously new stuff added and new abilities
    the game is amazing, worth buying even for the Single Player missions.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1282&dateline=1279040  725

thanks guys! il give it a go then
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's a double edged sword atm. I've played Starcraft/Warcraft/Diablo since they first came out and always have enjoyed Blizzard. However, with their recent rise in popularity, they've been doing things that are upsetting to their old fans. I'll most likely still be getting Starcraft II, but their new multiplayer platform for custom games is sadly annoying and sub-par.

Hopefully the campaign will still be epic.

I was thinking about getting dawn of war 2, but I dunno if I should get starcraft 2 or it. Or maybe i'll just not get anything and wait for rift =p

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

Quote Originally Posted by Hanlo View Post
    I was thinking about getting dawn of war 2, but I dunno if I should get starcraft 2 or it. Or maybe i'll just not get anything and wait for rift =p
    Well if you were actually going to choose one you should Dawn of War 2.
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Maladhiel View Post
    I think the poster wants impressions from people who are somewhat familiar ... as opposed to reading stuff from virtual strangers.
    *quirks eyebrow*
    To me, outside of about half a dozen people here the rest are as much 'strangers' as any review site.

And again, even we in beta can't give an accurate assessment of SC2. There is tons of stuff we don't see, as we aren't allowed to see the single player campaign. As example, we don't have access to the research tree, nor does the Medic or Firebat appear in multi-player. Assumably they are unlocked via the research tree. We can't speak from experience about how a branching campaign system is affected by unlocking units and doing different missions at different times. Only reviewers could do that.
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast

I like Starcraft but as RTS games go Relic is a far superior developer to me. Homeworld and Company of Heroes blew me away and both Dawn of War games have been great in different ways. While those games have pushed the boundaries of the genre Starcraft 2 can't compare from what I've seen of it.

Still I would have considered buying SC2 before Blizzard went darkside, now they will never receive more money from me because of their shady business practices such as overpricing games/services/dlc and now even taking a cut on selling player made content. Millions of ignorant people (or those who don't mind being ripped off) will still buy their games but I think most long-time game veterans know deep down that Blizzard are a pale shade of what they used to before that merge with Activi$ion.

been watching some replays today and i will buy it.. looks like a solid game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Skorne View Post
    and now even taking a cut on selling player made content.
    You obviously don't understand the scope / purpose behind that. You may want to actually research the reasons and point of why they are doing that before slamming it.

Then how about these reasons? Region locking of Battle Net, removal of LAN play, removal of chat rooms, selling of virtual items in store on a subscription game, charging $20 for an automated database change, lets not mention the stuff Activi$ion is up to with it's other games such as the monetization of FPS multiplayer which has been free since the dawn of the universe or the firing of it's Infinity Ward team heads to avoid paying royalties. You can find plenty more on google.

If you like to support negative changes to the gaming industry by all means pay your $100 for your SC2 collectors edition, meanwhile I will buy my games from a reputable company. I know you love Blizzard games, most of us do but don't let that blind you to what a discusting company it has become, think before paying your money do you really want to encourage these kinds of activities? Do you want to be milked for every possible coin from a company making billions of dollars revenue and laughing all the way to the bank because they can charge what they want for anything they can and mindless gamers will still pay.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast