+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Nerf the Texas Rangers

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    377

    Default Nerf the Texas Rangers

    There is no way they should one-hit homers against the Red Sox. The Sox are supposed to be the FoTM and the Rangers are stealing their thunder. With the DOT of Carl Crawford and Jacoby Elisbury in the lineup, there is no way Texas should have survived a single game let alone sweep the Sox in three games. And Hitting that many home runs completely bypassing the defensive mitigation of Dustin Pedroia, Adrian Gonzales, and Kevin Youkilis? Really? We didn't even have a chance to stop the bleeding. Even with Terry Francona's HOT capabilities was useless.

    I know Adrian Beltre has some great DPS as we USED to have that skill, but the grand slam needs a nerfing for sure. At least in cases such as this when we're already down by one.

    Carl Crawford used to be OP but apparently Trion decided to stealth nerf him in spring training thereby rendering him useless for now.

    Trion either needs to nerf the Rangers, or buff the Red Sox bullpen. Here's my advice:

    -Nerf the entire Texas Rangers.
    -Nerf the Yankees.
    -Nerf A-Rod into oblivion. (Better yet, remove him from the game entirely.)
    -Buff Crawford.
    -Buff Saltalamachia.
    -ADD Varitek at least on occasion. There is no point in having a skill that only procs once every eight to ten days.
    -LEAVE ORTIZ ALONE. He's fine as is.
    -Buff the Sox Bullpen.
    -Add some height to Pedroia (for aesthetic purposes)
    -While we're on aesthetics, fix Lowrie's teeth.
    -figure out your plans for j.D Drew and STICK WITH IT.
    -Tampa is fine. Leave them alone. You buffed them in 08' that's enoung for the next ten years.
    -Buff Lester so that another no-hitter is at least possible.
    -and finally, BUFF the endurance of the entire Red Sox so that we don't have to introduce the noobs (our farm team) to the WF so early in their careers like we did last year.


    Thanks in advance Trion!
    Last edited by fenway; 04-05-2011 at 03:57 PM.

  2. #2
    General of Telara PVStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    972

    Default

    1/10

    Did not read full thread and would not read again.
    Look at your post, now back to mine, now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped being nonconstructive and dumb and started posting about something that makes sense, it could look like it's mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a page with the post your post could look like. Anything is possible when you post like me, and not like an idiot. I'm on a forum.

  3. #3
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Also, can we get a buff on the Giants plz?!?

    I mean, they won the world series last year and they're 1-3 this year. NOT COOL.

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PVStar View Post
    1/10

    Did not read full thread and would not read again.
    Wow man, you win at life just for wasting the time it took to post that. I want to be you so badly I can taste it.

    It kinda' tastes like bacon.


    Weird.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Tyggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fenway View Post
    Wow man, you win at life just for wasting the time it took to post that.
    The word for the day is "irony"...
    "I'm old enough to know that a longer life isn't always a better one. In the end, you just get tired. Tired of the struggle. Tired of losing everyone that matters to you. Tired of watching everything turn to dust. If you live long enough, Lazarus, the only certainty left is that you'll end up alone." -- The Doctor, Doctor Who: The Lazarus Experiment

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyggs View Post
    The word for the day is "irony"...
    No, people need to get a sense of humor. This person creates a post just to say that he didn't read the OP, and has no intention to serves what purpose exactly? At least I was attempting humor.


    This is easily the most uptight forum I've ever seen. Methinks some people need to log out of the game and go get laid.

  7. #7
    General of Telara PVStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    972

    Default

    Post something funny, and I will laugh.
    Look at your post, now back to mine, now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped being nonconstructive and dumb and started posting about something that makes sense, it could look like it's mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a page with the post your post could look like. Anything is possible when you post like me, and not like an idiot. I'm on a forum.

  8. #8
    Prophet of Telara Shioc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Western australia
    Posts
    1,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fenway View Post
    There is no way they should one-hit homers against the Red Sox. The Sox are supposed to be the FoTM and the Rangers are stealing their thunder. With the DOT of Carl Crawford and Jacoby Elisbury in the lineup, there is no way Texas should have survived a single game let alone sweep the Sox in three games. And Hitting that many home runs completely bypassing the defensive mitigation of Dustin Pedroia, Adrian Gonzales, and Kevin Youkilis? Really? We didn't even have a chance to stop the bleeding. Even with Terry Francona's HOT capabilities was useless.

    I know Adrian Beltre has some great DPS as we USED to have that skill, but the grand slam needs a nerfing for sure. At least in cases such as this when we're already down by one.

    Carl Crawford used to be OP but apparently Trion decided to stealth nerf him in spring training thereby rendering him useless for now.

    Trion either needs to nerf the Rangers, or buff the Red Sox bullpen. Here's my advice:

    -Nerf the entire Texas Rangers.
    -Nerf the Yankees.
    -Nerf A-Rod into oblivion. (Better yet, remove him from the game entirely.)
    -Buff Crawford.
    -Buff Saltalamachia.
    -ADD Varitek at least on occasion. There is no point in having a skill that only procs once every eight to ten days.
    -LEAVE ORTIZ ALONE. He's fine as is.
    -Buff the Sox Bullpen.
    -Add some height to Pedroia (for aesthetic purposes)
    -While we're on aesthetics, fix Lowrie's teeth.
    -figure out your plans for j.D Drew and STICK WITH IT.
    -Tampa is fine. Leave them alone. You buffed them in 08' that's enoung for the next ten years.
    -Buff Lester so that another no-hitter is at least possible.
    -and finally, BUFF the endurance of the entire Red Sox so that we don't have to introduce the noobs (our farm team) to the WF so early in their careers like we did last year.


    Thanks in advance Trion!

    Who...
    /10
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSquirrel View Post
    but, but...games are serious business!!!
    People need to realize that games are meant for fun. If you don't like a game then move on. Save your rage and qq for real issues.


  9. #9
    Ascendant Tyggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fenway View Post
    No, people need to get a sense of humor.
    Dunno about the other guy, but my sense of humor is just fine. A bit off-color and inappropriate at times, but quite healthy overall. That said, the post was just stupid, honestly. Unfortunately, a lot of people believe "stupid = funny". Hence we get movies like Paul Blart Mall Cop and the movies like Disaster Movie and Superhero Movie. I just get sick of people telling me that I don't have a sense of humor just because I don't find the same things funny that they do.

    There's also the fact that there is a forum for off-topic nonsense like this. It's called, obscurely enough, "Off-Topic".

    Either way, your post was more of a waste of time than his, honestly. Not that his wasn't a waste of time, he just wasted less because it was shorter.
    "I'm old enough to know that a longer life isn't always a better one. In the end, you just get tired. Tired of the struggle. Tired of losing everyone that matters to you. Tired of watching everything turn to dust. If you live long enough, Lazarus, the only certainty left is that you'll end up alone." -- The Doctor, Doctor Who: The Lazarus Experiment

  10. #10
    Community Manager Elrar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,584

    Default

    I lol'd but agree this is OT - however, as a Yankees fan and a born Texan I have to say things are working as intended ;)

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyggs View Post
    Dunno about the other guy, but my sense of humor is just fine. A bit off-color and inappropriate at times, but quite healthy overall. That said, the post was just stupid, honestly. Unfortunately, a lot of people believe "stupid = funny". Hence we get movies like Paul Blart Mall Cop and the movies like Disaster Movie and Superhero Movie. I just get sick of people telling me that I don't have a sense of humor just because I don't find the same things funny that they do.

    There's also the fact that there is a forum for off-topic nonsense like this. It's called, obscurely enough, "Off-Topic".

    Either way, your post was more of a waste of time than his, honestly. Not that his wasn't a waste of time, he just wasted less because it was shorter.
    Oh, I get it. All humor must be universal and appeal to everyone else it be dubbed unfunny. Got it. Thanks for the lesson.

    Also, it not about whether or not it was funny, I could care less if one finds it humorous or not. I put it out there for me, any other Sox fan out there, or any baseball fan in general. And again, its not about it being funny, It's about someone feeling the need to state that they didn't read the post and don't intend to that strikes me as even more of a waste of time. But that's just me.

    I'll leave it to you to police the Internet for comedy though, as I assume it's a pretty arduous job. Apparently I'm just not up for the task.

    Again, my apologies for not tickling your funnybone. I will do my best to try harder in the future. Perhaps I could take some night classes?

    Either way, get back to me on that.

  12. #12
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    I lol'd but agree this is OT - however, as a Yankees fan and a born Texan I have to say things are working as intended ;)
    Wow, be careful- you're not supposed to find any entertainment in this unless you wait for the judges ruling. I'm still waiting to see if its okay to laugh at Drew Carey.


    Judges?

  13. #13
    Ascendant Tyggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fenway View Post
    Oh, I get it. All humor must be universal and appeal to everyone else it be dubbed unfunny. Got it. Thanks for the lesson.
    Put the strawman back out in the field, skippy. I didn't say that. I just expressed my opinion. Being told I don't have a sense of humor because my opinion of humor doesn't match yours, however, is just stupid.
    "I'm old enough to know that a longer life isn't always a better one. In the end, you just get tired. Tired of the struggle. Tired of losing everyone that matters to you. Tired of watching everything turn to dust. If you live long enough, Lazarus, the only certainty left is that you'll end up alone." -- The Doctor, Doctor Who: The Lazarus Experiment

  14. #14
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,471

    Default

    I agree the Sox should get buffed.. But it should be the White Sox :P

    Of course i think the Onion News article about the Chicago Cubs was spot on :P

    http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/ar...s-again,19870/
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    110

    Default

    It could be worse. No matter how bad your teams are or are not, you could be an Astro's fan, like me. Oh, the pain. And just when we thought it couldn't get any worse, we now have a team with only 2 starting pitchers with an ERA below 5.00 and only 2 hitters with a batting average above 260. It's going to be a long, long season.
    Last edited by Langkard; 04-05-2011 at 07:13 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts