+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG Rift - If you don't switch to Cryengine 3, I'm going to quit!

Shadowlander

Angry OMG Rift - If you don't switch to Cryengine 3, I'm going to quit!

That's right, switch to Cryengine 3 now or I'll be quitting along with all my invisible Rift buddies that made invisible Rift accts.

I mean come on!

Cryengine 3 Showcase 1
    Cryengine 3 Showcase 2

Here's some OTHER (and not Rift!!!) MMO using Cryengine 3:

MMO Trailer 1
    MMO Trailer 2
    Last edited by ShowMeRift; 04-04-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Cya

/10 char

I know you saw my off-topic post.

Haseno
    "Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake."
    I love my comma's, deal with it, chump.

Banned

2 problems:
    1. Game made by Koreans and they hate Americans

2. Koreans run on 20ms no matter what part of the country they are in and they are typically running much better machines then people in America who can barely run WoW graphics
    Last edited by Puremallace; 04-04-2011 at 08:40 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Haseno View Post
    I know you saw my off-topic post.
    No. Not really. Just pulled some MMO out there using the engine. The game looks good though. Too bad it's not in English.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    2 problems:

2. Koreans run on 20ms no matter what part of the country they are in and they are typically running much better machines then people in America who can barely run WoW
    Non-Factors actually.

ArcheAge by sheer projection, is considered to be a Q2 North American Release.

Haseno

Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeRift View Post
    No. Not really. Just pulled some MMO out there using the engine. The game looks good though. Too bad it's not in English.
    The game looks amazing, and there is no way they will not make that game have an English port.

Haseno

Shadowlander

2 problems:

2. Koreans run on 20ms no matter what part of the country they are in and they are typically running much better machines then people in America who can barely run WoW graphics
    This doesn't have anything to do with the engine itself and that is what this post is about; Not about the game trailers I posted. I posted those two trailers showcasing the engine. :P
    Last edited by ShowMeRift; 04-04-2011 at 08:44 PM.

Banned

This doesn't have anything to do with the engine itself and that is what this post is about; Not about the game trailers I posted. I posted those two trailers showcasing the engine. :P
    It is just a simple fact if Aion taught the mmo world anything it is that Americans are not ready for this super cool graphics.

Trust me I would love Rift to run on this, but it never will unless Trion does what NCSoft is doing for the Koreans and allow 2 different clients to run. One with crap graphics and the other with top notch settings.
    Last edited by Puremallace; 04-04-2011 at 08:46 PM.

That's right, switch to Cryengine 3 now or I'll be quitting along with all my invisible Rift buddies that made invisible Rift accts.

I mean come on!

Cryengine 3 Showcase 1
    Cryengine 3 Showcase 2

Here's some OTHER (and not Rift!!!) MMO using Cryengine 3:

MMO Trailer 1
    MMO Trailer 2
    I think I just creamed myself.

I've been watching for ArchAge for a while now, and as beautiful as it looks, those CryEngine 3 demos are simply astonishing. Absolutely love that engine.

Shadowlander

It is just a simple fact if Aion taught the mmo world anything it is that Americans are not ready for this super cool graphics.

Trust me I would love Rift to run on this, but it never will unless Trion does what NCSoft is doing for the Koreans and allow 2 different clients to run. One with crap graphics and the other with top notch settings.
    Trion does a good job in having two settings. And anyways. Guildwars 2 is looking pretty good. That's an English game which will be ported to other countries. Then again...NCSoft is behind the scene. But, we're getting off topic here; Trion, don't make me mad. Rebuild your game with Cryengine 3 now or else! I have a hot cup of coffee here and I know how to use it (especially while I'm in the server cage).
    Last edited by ShowMeRift; 04-04-2011 at 08:51 PM.

Not really.

EQ1 actually had many scalable graphics settings which could vastly increase/decrease performance. This would be the key for allowing a game such as ArcheAge to be more accessible. But it's still going to require a pretty decent rig. (High-End Quad Core, 4gigs+ ram, High End Nvidia 500 or Radeon 5000 Series). Due to such knowledge, they're already aware the game is not going to have population that of themepark MMORPG's.

The gameplay you will experience, will triumph over this however.

ArcheAge was actually just upgraded to Crysis 3 Engine, and was mostly developed on the Crysis 2 engine. Crysis 3 engine is just much more optimized, and is technically the same engine as Crysis 2. Trust me, ArcheAge isn't going to be as restrictive as we all may think.
    Last edited by Haseno; 04-04-2011 at 08:54 PM.

Haseno

Telaran

Yeah, but if Rift changed to Cryengine 3, then 75% of people wouldn't be able to play because they wouldn't have a powerful computer to handle those types of graphics.

Then if that happen.... you would make a thread about how there isn't enough people to group with in this game.

Then you would make another thread how mmo's should have graphics where most computers can handle.

...then... etc...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FallingMoon View Post
    Yeah, but if Rift changed to Cryengine 3, then 75% of people wouldn't be able to play because they wouldn't have a powerful computer to handle those types of graphics.

Then if that happen.... you would make a thread about how there isn't enough people to group with in this game.

Then you would make another thread how mmo's should have graphics where most computers can handle.

...then... etc...
    That is my point. It is great until you get more then 5 people on the screen. It works great in Korea or Eu where there are better connections and everyone has a pretty nice system.

Beutiful, and astonishing graphics. Great sound. Ambient sounds where supurb in that game..The only problem with the CryEngine is people in the US will need super computers better then Nasa to run a game with that engine+plus sound effects+ambient noise, and on top of it all Spell Animations+Character animations.

It would be great to have a game that goes by real time, Nights meaning dark Nights, and seasons and all, but this will never happen. Although the CryEngine will run supreme if used in a MMO like Rifft. The game as a whole would be one big lag fest, even with better then average computers. Shame as it sounds. Rift looks nice now Imagine if it used the CryEngine? Wow, just Wow.
    Warrior:Pala/Reav/ 6-Champ    Mage:Ele/Pyro/Chlo off spec Chlo/Arch

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast