+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: OMG Rift - If you don't switch to Cryengine 3, I'm going to quit!

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbler View Post
    Wth are you talking about FPS now anyway.

Rift forum. MMORPG graphics/gameplay =/= FPS Graphics Gameplay

Stop crying, seriously.
    having a discussion, about gameplay. now you trow it at QQ.
    really you need to improve your communication skills, it's below average, you will need it later in life.
    to get a job, and keep it.

i keep it by this.

Default Never

I'd never stop playing Rift, but damn those graphics look good!
    No matter how dark the night, morning always comes. And our journey begins anew...

Quote Originally Posted by Jhenox View Post
    I thought Rift already was running on Cryengine... in that it is fueled by the tears of QQ'ers and rage quiters.
    I see what you did there. Well played, sir. Well played!

Proudly hitching dreams to stars for over fifty years!

Quote Originally Posted by abisha View Post
    having a discussion, about gameplay. now you trow it at QQ.
    really you need to improve your communication skills, it's below average, you will need it later in life.
    to get a job, and keep it.

i keep it by this.
    Nice try but complaining about graphics of an FPS game in an MMORPG forum doesn't make your communication skills better than mine.

OP cried over the MMORPG graphics being CE2 and not 3. He also threatens to quit (lmao).

All I was saying is that gameplay is more important than graphics, obviously meaning MMORPGS.
    Suddenly u come walsing in with an FPS discussion.

Seriously, who needs communication skills? U hop from one subject to the other.

Rift Disciple

I like the way Rift looks. The graphics much not be as awesome as CryEngine 3, but they are nice nonetheless.
    <Ethereal Order> - Guardian Guild - Corthana Shard.
    http://www.etherealorder.com

engine =/ good graphics.

besides crytek engines tend to run like ****.
    enyo - defiant warrior seastone.
    gundam - defiant rogue seastone.

The background graphics are nice, but the character models are horrid. Sure, they are done well, but I can't play a game where my "hero" looks like some 13 yr old surfer with a Bieber haircut.

Doesn't that engine run terrible with hundreds of people on screen? Sure it looks amazing and i'd love to see something like that expanded on but not at the expense of smooth gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeRift View Post
    Here's some OTHER (and not Rift!!!) MMO using Cryengine 3:

MMO Trailer 1
    MMO Trailer 2
    nope, it's using cryengine 2 (same engine used for crysis 1 (since it started development back around then)

they are licensed for cryengine 2. check it out.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhedjinn View Post
    I'm not even going to start with how fishy that performance sounds for such a dire GPU*, but I'll just lay it flat out...

My Core i5 2500K and a GTX 580 can not max the game at 1920x1200 and maintain a reasonable framerate (i.e. 30fps+ in rifts). Sure, I only have to cut back on maybe two options, but it's still not max. Pretty much exactly the same level of performance people got with Crysis on the equivalent hardware of the time.

You'll probably tell me I need to lern2computer or stop installing spyware.exe, but I'd recommend resisting that urge should you dig a hole for yourself.

*In fact, I'd go so far as to guess he's using the low quality renderer. That, or he's lying to you.
    afraid not, i know because i set it up for him using old parts from my machine, trust me when i say this hes running it on medium quality with a nice framerate, believe it or not, hes playing a toon on bloodiron called jinto ask him for yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    2 problems:
    1. Game made by Koreans and they hate Americans

2. Koreans run on 20ms no matter what part of the country they are in and they are typically running much better machines then people in America who can barely run WoW graphics
    Ya they do have better machines and Asian theather (locale) tend to try and get everyone connected to the net on 1gb min... so they can boast and boost a better game then what we would get here. To OP do you remember when Crysis came out. Were you able to even play the game on FULL settings?! Not even NASA could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Haseno View Post
    Non-Factors actually.

ArcheAge by sheer projection, is considered to be a Q2 North American Release.
    Man that game if done correctly will need to contend with RIFT ... Remember this is an Asian release and NA will be an afterthought

http://www.enjin.com/rift-signature-generator
    ***It is not easy being so forgiving***

Soulwalker

[QUOTE=Haseno;2015264]Essentially yes. But that is the depth required to make an MMORPG have any lasting impact. That journey through the temple, is memorable. As such, also leading to combat.[/QUOTE

Untrue.

Having played a MMO like DAoC for like 3 years I can tell you that "eye-candy" is not important at all. And I cant be alone in this opinion as a year or so of my life was spent in the plains of Emain Macha before New Frontiers. Definitely not the place to be if you care about "looks"

The only eye candy I was looking for was Albions and Hib's. And that was enough.

Plane Walker

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by rimuladas View Post
    some serious physics.

The amount of effort that would be needed to change that large of a game core would not be worth the investment of time and energy. Every single person would have to redownload large parts of the game, if not the entire game, just to function.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast