+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Something to watch for

Default Something to watch for

from 38 Studios: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

I guess they just announced the name of their single player project. Looks like there will be a preview on the 22nd.

Thanks, I will keep an eye on the game.
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

Is this the secret MMO they've been working on for years with the code name "Copernicus"?
    Dual Targeting - The Targeting System of the Modern MMO

If the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy was made by today's MMO designers, the first 8 hours would be condensed into 30 minutes, and the last hour would be stretched out over 8.5 hours. It would be all about 'The Ending' and not about 'The Journey'.

Have to say, I've never seen a gaming website that just said, "Preview is coming". Usually they just wait and release it then. =p All about the hype I guess, big or small.

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

Quote Originally Posted by Hanlo View Post
    Have to say, I've never seen a gaming website that just said, "Preview is coming". Usually they just wait and release it then. =p All about the hype I guess, big or small.
    No no, they didn't say "Preview is coming.", they said "The Cinematic Debuts." Totally different.
    It is an ironic habit of human beings to run faster when we have lost our way.
    -Me? I am Someone, Somebody. Anybody. Anyone.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Sornin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slyde View Post
    Is this the secret MMO they've been working on for years with the code name "Copernicus"?
    No, it is the single-player game, Project Mercury. However, they will take place in the same world as 38 Studios wants to create a complete franchise.

I'll probably watch out for it, as I have a 360...but R.A Salvator's righting can be boring...so I dunno

Quote Originally Posted by Darcnova View Post
    I'll probably watch out for it, as I have a 360...but R.A Salvator's righting can be boring...so I dunno
    Is he usually wrong? ;)

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

Quote Originally Posted by Hanlo View Post
    Is he usually wrong? ;)
    Yes, yes he is!...As long as the story isn't boring, I'll look at the game...RA Salvator is dull usually, imo

I bookmarked it. Hope it is good.

I have to admit Im kind of excited about this game.

aaannnnd their site goes boom! I got as far as some annoying wheel asking for my age before it crashed though!

Fall 2011, pretty far off. But I will say this, the trailer makes it look awesome, though that is pure cinematic...but it really is flashy

Quote Originally Posted by Darcnova View Post
    Fall 2011, pretty far off. But I will say this, the trailer makes it look awesome, though that is pure cinematic...but it really is flashy

Yeah for some reason I thought it'd be out sooner. I really like the look of the game so far except for that shiny armor. Something about it just didn't fit. And when the guy ran I thought it made his legs look funny. Still a great looking game and it looks like they're going for a mature rating.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Sornin's Avatar

Well, I was concerned when I checked the site at about noon that they were not going to sttick with their July 22 reveal date, but they made it.

They made it, and, thus far, I am not impressed. I am not disappointed, either, but definitely far from excited. The graphics are the only thing I can judge in much detail, and they are mediocre at best. Based on the screenshots and cinematic, it also looks like a very generic fantasy world, which is not necessarily bad or surprising, but it does not justify needing years to come up with the world.

The Fate Shift kill screenshot and cinematic hints at some execution system, which may be cool. The wizened female narrator is so overdone, though, yeesh! It seems that most fantasy games and movies feel they are not legit unless they hire some female voice actor with a throaty voice to make some vague statements about what is going on.

"One birth, one death." One fan who wants better writing!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast