+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: WoW forums, They deleted all RIFT Posts!!!

  1. #1
    Shadowlander Miriya Epoch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    44

    Default WoW forums, They deleted all RIFT Posts!!!

    First off, I havent played wow in over 18 months, and dont ever plan on going back, but I was bored at work and thought, Ill head on over to the WoW forums and see how many RIFT posts there are. Well there are a TON listed when you search for "Rift" but they are all deleted!!! Seriously Blizzard cant handle the new kid on the block that they had to delete all the posts, gives a new meaning to the word wow!

    Oh purpose of this post, well there is none Im just bored at work

  2. #2
    Plane Walker philefluxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Not trolling you, but had you used the "search" function here on this topic you would find tons of threads about this topic. Blizzard, MMOChamp, and many others have been deleting Rift threads with no remorse since Beta 1.
    Day gives way to night on the storefront mannequins, the audience with Mona Lisa grins.
    Moonlight builds emotion as the players scuttle in.
    Pull the curtain back and let the show begin....

  3. #3
    Shield of Telara Kujako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    660

    Default

    Its almost as if they had a set of rules that you had agreed to follow in order to post.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

  4. #4
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Its almost as if they had a set of rules that you had agreed to follow in order to post.
    I know right?

    Its almost as if.. gasp... discussion about other games on another game's messege board might be OT?

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default

    That is a bold assumption on your part. The WoW forums are for WoW related discussion eg. not Rift.

    These threads were locked b/c of this and nothing else. Making the assertion that this is because they cannot handle Rift is just not logically sound.

    Wow forums delete posts not about their game -> they can't handle Rift? What?!

  6. #6
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    861

    Default

    I think it backfired on them too. Deleted posts to some means something is forbidden and should be looked into. It also shows fear

  7. #7
    Plane Touched Asmodaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    209

    Default

    It seems that WoW doesnt want their steady, long time players to find new mmo's to see if there any good. So they deleted everything about it. Sure its WoW forums and should stay WOW. But also. On the other hand you can look at it that Blizzard finds Trion a threat with RIFT and making sure that nothing is said hence why the deletion of everything. Trying to shelter the player base into not trying other games and staying in WoW. Others may see it differently. Thats my opinion and i dont care if WoW fanbois flame or quote me. Im just stating my opinion on it thats all. Not bashing, flamming, or being a RIFT fanboi, just speaking my mind to what it seems like to me
    ~|\|() /\/\ER[Y F()R T|-|E \/\/E/-\|{~

    ~|\|() PITY F()R T|-|E |}YI|\|G~

    ~|\|() TE/-\RS F()R T|-|E S|_/-\ ||\|~

    /-\$/\/\()|}/-\|_|$

    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Put Bunny into your sig to help him
    (")_(") take over the world.

    Shard: Deepwood----- Asmodaus- Champ/BM/PALLY- LVL 50- Guild- Proud member of Illuminati

  8. #8
    Ascendant Cascadesbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Edmonds, WA
    Posts
    1,990

    Default

    Wow threads here should be deleted too

    Also people posting I'm leaving threads should be immediately banned. No reason to stick around in the forums then huh?


  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    128

    Default

    its true that wow forums are for wow..but its also true that blizzard deletes anything that doesnt involve someone kissing their a**es.

    they do seem afraid of other games being talked about even in their OT forums.

    blizzard even deletes suggestions on how to improve their game..they even deleted their suggestion forums.

  10. #10
    Sword of Telara Tosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    819

    Default

    Quite honestly I don't think it is any more fair for Blizzard to allow Rift posts over there, than it is for Trion to allow WoW posts over here. Each company has its own support/discussion forums for their own game. Each moderation team can choose how to moderate their community forums.

    I'm not going to get all bloody bashing one game over another, but I do know what I do like and don't like about every MMO that I have played. If someone else starts posting bunk, i'll call them out on it because it is not proper to be spreading misinformation.

    I do understand that many of our friends and co-players have a passion for the industry as a whole, but I think many people need to get a grip and realize that it is just a game. Being the best as Rift, or WoW does nothing for most people in their professional lives other than for maybe giving them something to chat about over the water cooler.

    Peace..
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
    It is difficult to argue with a whole generation of self entitled petulant children with a battle cry taken from Veruca Salt.

  11. #11
    Plane Walker philefluxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xatasha View Post
    I think it backfired on them too. Deleted posts to some means something is forbidden and should be looked into. It also shows fear
    I think it will bite them in the ars in the end. Even though its loosely against their ToS, all it does is continue to poison their player base into thinking that their game will always be king. Further breeding 1337st attitude that is already destroying their community and bleeding into other games.
    Day gives way to night on the storefront mannequins, the audience with Mona Lisa grins.
    Moonlight builds emotion as the players scuttle in.
    Pull the curtain back and let the show begin....

  12. #12
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodaus View Post
    It seems that WoW doesnt want their steady, long time players to find new mmo's to see if there any good. So they deleted everything about it. Sure its WoW forums and should stay WOW. But also. On the other hand you can look at it that Blizzard finds Trion a threat with RIFT and making sure that nothing is said hence why the deletion of everything. Trying to shelter the player base into not trying other games and staying in WoW. Others may see it differently. Thats my opinion and i dont care if WoW fanbois flame or quote me. Im just stating my opinion on it thats all. Not bashing, flamming, or being a RIFT fanboi, just speaking my mind to what it seems like to me
    Blizzard has deleted posts about every other MMO since they started their forums. These posts break the rules, it is as simple as that.

    I think we can be certain that with a runaway mainstream success like WoW under their belts, they are not afraid.. they are just enforcing their rules, as Trion should start doing.

  13. #13
    Shadowlander Miriya Epoch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kicks View Post
    That is a bold assumption on your part. The WoW forums are for WoW related discussion eg. not Rift.

    These threads were locked b/c of this and nothing else. Making the assertion that this is because they cannot handle Rift is just not logically sound.

    Wow forums delete posts not about their game -> they can't handle Rift? What?!
    heaven forbid people talk about other games in the "general" forums, I bet you there are posts for other games like Call of Duty and non Blizzard games

  14. #14
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miriya Epoch View Post
    First off, I havent played wow in over 18 months, and dont ever plan on going back, but I was bored at work and thought, Ill head on over to the WoW forums and see how many RIFT posts there are. Well there are a TON listed when you search for "Rift" but they are all deleted!!! Seriously Blizzard cant handle the new kid on the block that they had to delete all the posts, gives a new meaning to the word wow!

    Oh purpose of this post, well there is none Im just bored at work
    The only people who care are people who play both games... and honestly, they shouldn't even care. So Blizzard did something, on their forums, which they have control over. Does it matter in the scheme of things? No... Should we think they have some nefarious purpose in mind for doing so? Not really... it's their business, and they'll run it as they see fit. They've done this same thing for every 'competing' game since WoW launched, and have been just fine after they did it.

    I honestly wish the Rift Mods would do the same for WoW posts here... this is Rift, not WoW. I'm tired of reading threads (both positive, negative, and with, or without constructive feedback) about WoW. Yes, it's difficult not to compare games to it, because it was so popular... and so many people are familiar with it, but let's face it... WoW didn't invent the wheel, they just made it more round.
    Daishiki
    Deepwood :: Eth Warrior :: "It's Swahili... for something..."
    Scrunt
    Wolfsbane :: Dwarf Warrior :: "I will tank it, or spank it... especially if she's good lookin'!"

  15. #15
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Lol@this guy for thinking rift is Gods gift to mmo's. It's an alright game but blizzard doesn't need to worry because most people who switched to this will switch back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts