+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Mass Subscription Message

Default Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Mass Subscription Message

Recently an individual suggested a mass re-subbing plan for May 15th, 2011 to the game Vanguard: Saga of Heroes.

Many will choose to not re-sub due to past negative experiences with VG and/or its new owner SOE. But why the significance of May 15th? It's the anniversary as to when SOE bought out Sigil (The developers of VG).

This is a matter of choice, and the intention isn't to give SOE more funding. But it's more-so intended to send a universal message to SOE and Developers of future projects, about what kind of MMORPG's are also highly desired.

I expect there to be minimal impact from this unified purpose, but those of which who fully adore (and understand) the message we're trying to send. This may be a nice change of pace for you.

Haseno
    "Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake."
    I love my comma's, deal with it, chump.

Sorry, I will never give SoE another penny of my money ... EVER.

I loved Vanguard (like Rift, I was an "Alpha tester" ... I got in Vanguard at Beta 2.0) and played the game until about 6 months ago.

They have ZERO full time developers, they even took away the lead developer, Silius, and moved him to another game. To my knowledge, they haven't had ANY new content in a year now.

They also introduced "Live Gamer", against many peoples objections, and allowed people to legally buy and sell gold, items, even entire accounts.

SoE is PURELY about the money.

So when I left, I sold all my characters (one was a level 55/50/55, the other 3 were level 40+/50/55) and will never return, which is sad, because Vanguard is a much better and detailed game than even Rift (which I love), but without the support of SoE, it is a dead game.

But I have hopes that Rift will incorporate many aspects of Vanguard, mainly because several Trion people actually came over from SoE and Vanguard.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Quote Originally Posted by Machiko_Naguchi View Post
    Sorry, I will never give SoE another penny of my money ... EVER.

I loved Vanguard (like Rift, I was an "Alpha tester" ... I got in Vanguard at Beta 2.0) and played the game until about 6 months ago.

They have ZERO full time developers, they even took away the lead developer, Silius, and moved him to another game. To my knowledge, they haven't had ANY new content in a year now.

They also introduced "Live Gamer", against many peoples objections, and allowed people to legally buy and sell gold, items, even entire accounts.

SoE is PURELY about the money.

So when I left, I sold all my characters (one was a level 55/50/55, the other 3 were level 40+/50/55) and will never return, which is sad, because Vanguard is a much better and detailed game than even Rift (which I love), but without the support of SoE, it is a dead game.

But I have hopes that Rift will incorporate many aspects of Vanguard, mainly because several Trion people actually came over from SoE and Vanguard.
    I share the same sentiment, but I've come to terms with SOE. SOE would be wasting your money, correct. But VG is just good enough, in my eyes. To be worth a simple $15.00.

Why? I've spent $15.00 on much worst investments. It would be a good time for those of which haven't experienced VG yet to actually experience it.

Haseno

Rift Disciple

VG is a great game but I hope SOE will become the martyr of the mmo industry & show the rest of these egotistical developers that the players simple will not accept their half=*****ed crap. SOE lied, ignored their players & have imbeciles running their company. Let that company die

SOE no longer receives my money. And it was a substantial amount over many accounts.

I do love how you can pretty much do everything on one account here.

Rift Disciple

Why resub a game which have no new content since.. cant remeber...
    Best game ever made playstyle wise (dont talk about the superbad performance). Still sad to see the game in that shape. If SOE would move 100 Devs to VG instead the current few poor guys and polish the game and give new content, it could be successful. But they decided to fire over 200 employee.. and building Eqnext from the scratch... so.....

Quote Originally Posted by Loorn View Post
    Why resub a game which have no new content since.. cant remeber...
    Best game ever made playstyle wise (dont talk about the superbad performance). Still sad to see the game in that shape. If SOE would move 100 Devs to VG instead the current few poor guys and polish the game and give new content, it could be successful. But they decided to fire over 200 employee.. and building Eqnext from the scratch... so.....
    While true the game has no new content. The game is large enough at this point, in which there is years worth of content and satisfaction.

Yes, we all know SOE is a horrible company and their goals make no sense.

Haseno

Default Planetside yes, VG no.

I will pay SOE for Planetside 2, but not VG.

Vanguard was a decent game with a good community but it doesn't run on my computer. The game engine is a vampire that sucks the life out of your computer. I would have to say due to the recent lay-offs at SOE that they are the real losers due to Rift's success. WoW lost some, obviously, but hardly a dent to their massive subscription base.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemoc View Post
    Vanguard was a decent game with a good community but it doesn't run on my computer. The game engine is a vampire that sucks the life out of your computer. I would have to say due to the recent lay-offs at SOE that they are the real losers due to Rift's success. WoW lost some, obviously, but hardly a dent to their massive subscription base.
    May I ask your system specs?

Haseno

Quote Originally Posted by Haseno View Post
    While true the game has no new content. The game is large enough at this point, in which there is years worth of content and satisfaction.
    Considering that guilds like Veracity and TASC had already beaten every monster in the game (maybe with the exception of 1 or 2 boss mobs) and have pretty much put raid mobs on "Kill as needed", I STRONGLY disagree with you.

In fact, that is a major reason why those guild have left Vanguard and moved on. With no new content in a year, no developers, and no word from SoE as to when anything new would be added, they saw the writing on the wall, grew bored with the "same old, same old" content, and left.
    Last edited by Proclus_Lycaeus; 04-04-2011 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Machiko_Naguchi View Post
    Considering that guilds like Veracity and TASC had already beaten every monster in the game (maybe with the exception of 1 or 2 boss mobs) and have pretty much put raid mobs on "Kill as needed", I STRONGLY disagree with you.

In fact, that is a major reason why those guild have left Vanguard and moved on. With no new content in a year, no developers, and no word from SoE as to when anything new would be added, they saw the writing on the wall, grew bored with the "same old, same old" content, and left.
    One of Veracity's Leaders, I am friends with. Even she says they haven't touched all the content the game has, but they have done most of it, for certain.

They have completed the end-game however. But how many years did it take for them to do that? Quite a few, which is the point entirely.

Haseno

Plane Touched

So much angst @_@. They are just games.

Quote Originally Posted by Haseno View Post
    One of Veracity's Leaders, I am friends with. Even she says they haven't touched all the content the game has, but they have done most of it, for certain.

They have completed the end-game however. But how many years did it take for them to do that? Quite a few, which is the point entirely.
    Bralyn? If so, tell her Machiko from TASC (and formally from Honorguard of Telon, the guild I was in with her before she moved to Veracity) says "Hi".

It took them less than 1 year after last content patch. Not "years".

Quote Originally Posted by Josgar View Post
    So much angst @_@. They are just games.
    I still hate SoE even now Josgar. I wouldn't go back there for anything.

I loved Vanguard too, but it's not worth it to pay SoE for their crappiness again.

The reason why people dislike dismounting: No one follows the laws regarding speed limits, or traffic laws regarding jay walking, or even using your blinker.
    Why would they want to be dismounted in a video game?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast