+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Directx9 crisis...

Soulwalker

Unhappy Directx9 crisis...

After completing downloading the game "Rift" and all the steps were succesful, they told me that i have to download directx9 and updated... But when i try to install it(installing components...), this appears "A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the Crytographic services are enabled and the cabinet file certificate is valid." I tried doing that again for more than 10 times..But it's no use...Then i tried to search this support for answers..but i didnt understand any of the steps..im new in computer technology and i just play games for fun...right now it has been about 15 days and i didnt play..and my game time card is losing time...It's such a waste..can u give a very simple explanation without all these hard steps? I have windows 7 and no problem with the game's requirement .. only directx9 is the problem..please reply ASAP..thanks!

Prophet of Telara

I'm afraid I don't know what your problem is but suggest you post it in the technical support forum, this one is 'off topic' and unlikely to get you a quick answer:

http://forums.riftgame.com/forumdisp...al-Discussions

This is an easy one, go to microsoft online and download directx 11 updater. Then play.

Soulwalker

Default But i thought that this game requires directx9 only...

Quote Originally Posted by Zrek View Post
    This is an easy one, go to microsoft online and download directx 11 updater. Then play.
    Are you sure it works with it too?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathaek View Post
    Are you sure it works with it too?
    Yep. Your trying to load old programming into win 7, won't work. BTW, RIFT works a heck of lot better on 11.

Soulwalker

Default Thanks, but where?

Quote Originally Posted by Zrek View Post
    Yep. Your trying to load old programming into win 7, won't work. BTW, RIFT works a heck of lot better on 11.
    Where do i save it? or does it automaticaly start with it?(no matter where i save it)

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathaek View Post
    Where do i save it? or does it automaticaly start with it?(no matter where i save it)
    It's an autoload, Bill Gates special.

Soulwalker

Smile Thanks everyone, i'm finally able to play it..(with directx9)

LOL...The next day the screen was broken by my younger brother -_-"

+ Reply to Thread