+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Whats Keeps You Playing a MMORPG?

Default Whats Keeps You Playing a MMORPG?

Is it the overall gameplay, the graphics, the community, the guild you are in . . what keeps you playing?

Personally what keeps me playing is a great guild and the gameplay.

Rich Aemry

It the ability of a game to capture my imagination, so in most cases the Role Playing.

The grouping with other players.Doing dugeons and just having fun with friends

I never leave the house. This is the only somewhat-human contact I get.
    Last edited by Tarkus; 04-04-2011 at 03:30 AM.
    -Isais, Lotham US.

< Buff Clerics >
    We're not recruiting. Sorry.

Shield of Telara

Actually nothing. I'm more than a little turned off by the playerbase, and very tired of the genre, unfortunately.
    That's exactly what a hacker would say...

Quote Originally Posted by Tarkus View Post
    I never leave the house. This is the only somewhat-human contact I get.
    This.

/10char
    Quote Originally Posted by stavi82 View Post
    I imagine 95% of the people that complained about the difficulty of Rift use cheat codes in their Facebook games.

Content.

As long as there's something new for me to do in a game, I'd keep playing it. This holds true for single-player games too, not just MMOs.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Eorith View Post
    Content.

As long as there's something new for me to do in a game, I'd keep playing it. This holds true for single-player games too, not just MMOs.
    This.
    when I run out of corners to peek around, I loose interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Eorith View Post
    Content.

I agree and approve of this statement. +1 Intarwebz to you, good sir / madam.
    "Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea."

Well, there's a ton I love about MMOs, but I think the biggest thing is the persistent world. The idea that hundreds of other players can play alongside me, that the world is there whether or not I decide to log on. It really brings the environment alive for me.

Content, Fun, Friends.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Plane Touched

The social aspect is generally what keeps anyone playing or it's just a single player game.

If rift can continue to deliver content at the rate it is pushing there should never be a reason for someone to cancel a sub based on lack of content. I'm not sure at the current number but last time I checked it was all of 10 guilds that had cleared Greenscale completely.

And to be perfectly honest most people probably aren't even 50 yet. Just us hardcores.

Rift Disciple

They're the last bastion of computer gaming that hasn't been entirely dumbed down by the console game industry. If I want to play a console game, I'll use a console. I'm sick and tired of computer game developers making console games for the PC.

The challenge keeps me coming back for more. Also, the fact that whatever you do matters. If the game stays afloat that character will be better than the day before as long as you put effort into it. It shares more with real life than most would like and I like that.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Rich Aemry

Quote Originally Posted by Langkard View Post
    They're the last bastion of computer gaming that hasn't been entirely dumbed down by the console game industry. If I want to play a console game, I'll use a console. I'm sick and tired of computer game developers making console games for the PC.
    This and RTSes. I agree. Even DA2 got ruined by the console fail.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast