Closed Thread

Thread: Check out the 2011 Age of Conan

Default Check out the 2011 Age of Conan

Its amazing. I'm trying out the free trial right now: http://www.ageofconan.com/trial/

I decided for the hell of it to resub after getting an email about the new Dreamscape Graphics engine they put in and wowow its a huge change. I can finally run that game on DX10 max settings with 60 fps. Its absolutely gorgeous. AOC actually has a ton of content now and its nothing like it was in 2008.

Definitely worth a look into if you love gory PVP and a more vivid world. I remember being so damn upset about AOC's demise back in 08'. I really loved the combat system so much. Anyways, figure I'd just give you my 2c.

No thank you. I didn't see the nudity they were advertising
    Officially owned by Alsbeth the Discordant.

http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=815027&dateline=13020  88690

Elitists and game programmers think alike; The first thinks the game is too easy, the other nerfs the crap out of them.

Rift Master

i don't know, free trail or not. hard to trust AoC cause how bad the first one failed. i'm on with staying with Rift for now.

Unlimited trial huh?

Something to do for youtube. I'll check this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Protokill View Post
    Its amazing. I'm trying out the free trial right now: http://www.ageofconan.com/trial/

I decided for the hell of it to resub after getting an email about the new Dreamscape Graphics engine they put in and wowow its a huge change. I can finally run that game on DX10 max settings with 60 fps. Its absolutely gorgeous. AOC actually has a ton of content now and its nothing like it was in 2008.

Definitely worth a look into if you love gory PVP and a more vivid world. I remember being so damn upset about AOC's demise back in 08'. I really loved the combat system so much. Anyways, figure I'd just give you my 2c.
    Yea, the free trial is great.

The game is amazing until level 20 while you are in the noob area.

After that, expect lots of bugs and total suckage.

Quote Originally Posted by Protokill View Post

I am still playing it. Yes the new engine worked like a charm, much more playable now. Still not a very good game but far better then it was. For me I will always be hooked on the reactive and direction dependent action. .. more games should consider direction dependent abilities, combo's and fatalities.

I'm still subbed to AoC until July ... and i havent played since December ....

Buying block subs ftl lol

Seems lame. Gonna skip it.
    Student in Digital Entertainment and Game Design at ITT Tech

Currently learning Level Design/Animation/Game Design

My 1st Unreal Map http://flic.kr/p/9gBDBu

Quote Originally Posted by Sneezer View Post
    Yea, the free trial is great.

The game is amazing until level 20 while you are in the noob area.

After that, expect lots of bugs and total suckage.
    This sounds a lot like past experience and nothing to do with how the game plays now. You would have been right 3 years ago. Unfortunately, you're not right now.

Unlimited trial = you can get as many characters to 20 as you want.

Asst. Community Manager Walsingham's Avatar

Hi everyone,

We understand that some degree of compare and constrast discussion is inevitable when discussing games, and we're okay with that as long as they are constructive, but please keep in mind that these are the official Rift forums. As such, we do expect discussions to be about Rift, not other games.

We have closed this thread. If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!

Closed Thread